GC East custom difficulty: 75% Prestige +2 strenght AI, and rommel from 43 onwards

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: GC East custom difficulty: 75% Prestige +2 strenght AI, and rommel from 43 onwards

Post by Ursulet »

TSPC37730 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:08 am
Ursulet wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 pm I just finished GC43. Kiev43 was intense. The best moment is when you see the AI purchasing lee tanks, meaning it runs out of prestige to spam half a dozen 3* IS tanks
If you're able to use your strategic bombers and force some of those tanks to surrender, they can be nice for prestige farming.
I forced some of them to surrender in kiev, but the ai started to panic buy, my forces were spread to vapture towns and airports and i just had to rudel them. :oops:
Ursulet

Re: GC East custom difficulty: 75% Prestige +2 strenght AI, and rommel from 43 onwards

Post by Ursulet »

I will take a break with the GC, i wanna explore the afrika korps on Rommel. And sealion.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

:( :( :( :(
Ursulet wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:59 am I will take a break with the GC, i wanna explore the afrika korps on Rommel. And sealion.
I think a lot of people get to 1944 east and peeter out. I think it has to do with a lost cause. No matter what you do you will end up in Berlin fighting for your very life. It is accurate and historical, but ultimately defeating.

Why do you think so many do not complete the GC but give up around 44 and 45?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

Its true, but the all tanky no suppression one way game it becomes kinda kills the fun. For me the best years are 39 till 41.
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

I did the first afrika korps mission and that was fun. Second also with the bunkers. I started brevity, got a se fighter. I didnt know i could get one. :shock:
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ursulet wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:36 pm I did the first afrika korps mission and that was fun. Second also with the bunkers. I started brevity, got a se fighter. I didnt know i could get one. :shock:
LUCKY!!

Afrika Korps is the best of the campaigns...imho

the losing side is fun too, save the battle Elam Halfa I think so you can play through the losing side too, because it is fun and brutal....especially the 2nd to last one. Mareth Line, I think...still have shell shock from that battle when I played blind on Double Rommel

The pain is captured on my channel
goose_2

Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

gG for the dv at moscow btw.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ursulet wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:52 pm gG for the dv at moscow btw.
Thanks pretty proud soldier over here. :D :D :D :mrgreen:
goose_2

Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

I finished gazala line. I got a Pz with 2 3D heroes. The rest is common, i keep getting move heroes on my artillery, they are already SP :roll: . Dunno what to choose between alma and malta.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ursulet wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:01 pm I finished gazala line. I got a Pz with 2 3D heroes. The rest is common, i keep getting move heroes on my artillery, they are already SP :roll: . Dunno what to choose between alma and malta.
don't discount the effect of towed artillery. +1 Movement 75mm artillery are pretty devestating
goose_2

Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

I have a few but i had to keep running all over the maps, so i cant waste more time so i keep em in reserve . At least my artillery is fast :lol:
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

I finished malta. Had to restart because i lost my two se me109 that were standing next to the air carrier. Dunno what happened. With that i lost one range hero on artillery and one 3D heroes. Had a initiative and a +1 attack hero instead. That suxx :lol:

On the second try i lost the two italian fighters due to fuel shortage. And from there with only 3 me 109 i really struggled against the Spitfires.

I bought 3 paratroopers and 3 pioniers and they had a very hard time. Had to reinforce them all the time.
The rolls were terrible, and the weather was cloudy most of the time. In malta..in july???? That just is ridiculous.

Grabbed a DV on turn 15. And a spitfire.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ursulet wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:20 pm I finished malta. Had to restart because i lost my two se me109 that were standing next to the air carrier. Dunno what happened. With that i lost one range hero on artillery and one 3D heroes. Had a initiative and a +1 attack hero instead. That suxx :lol:

On the second try i lost the two italian fighters due to fuel shortage. And from there with only 3 me 109 i really struggled against the Spitfires.

I bought 3 paratroopers and 3 pioniers and they had a very hard time. Had to reinforce them all the time.
The rolls were terrible, and the weather was cloudy most of the time. In malta..in july???? That just is ridiculous.

Grabbed a DV on turn 15. And a spitfire.
Congrats Malta can be rough
goose_2

Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

The next mission, with the mobile radar confirmed a very conviction i have. The rolls against the brits in AK are biased. There is one anti air gun, 1* that shot down one my me109 that had 3*. 10 kills. I never had lost a full strength fighter to aa before. I have a 2* star grant backed up by artillery that got -7 against a another grant. Their spitfire keep butchering my 2*/3* fighters while my 12 strength 88 barely scratch em. No good rolls, always under prediction. Still managed a DV. But a prestige sink.

On the positive, my 6D panzer 3 got a 3A hero. I never had such a great unit before. And another panzer attacked a grant, had a 2A hero, then gets attacked and get another 2A hero. Wtf...
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

You might want to refight that battle. You got some great heroes, but losing your air force that late in the game will make the rest of the campaign extremely difficult. But maybe not, you do not appear to be trying for a Graziani mode, right?
goose_2

Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

No grazziani mode. Half my core is italian though. I have 4 fighters left. 2 me109 1 italian and one Spitfire. All at 2*. I am not sure i wanna replay it. I would lose my tank with 6D and 3A.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Oh 4 Fighters should be plenty
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I haven't played a campaign in a while... maybe I should start a new one :)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

PeteMitchell wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 pm I haven't played a campaign in a while... maybe I should start a new one :)
Yep and do a aar or even better a youtube channel and i will follow it.
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

goose_2 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 pm Oh 4 Fighters should be plenty

I played the suez canal. Twice. Will restart it once more. I could have grabbed a dv on second time but i was really pissed off by the suez canal crossing. I thought a bridge engineer was needed. Had 2 artillery next to it that got attacked across the canal and got destroyed. I didnt see that one coming. :roll:

On first try i had 4/5 may be six tanks that appeared out of nowhere in the desert behind my troops. My sahariana didnt spot them. How can it be... so i restarted, surrendered to check the map and saw nothinh. Thats units poping up...

Another thing surprised me. One objective is to sink all navy ships, which i did, even the one in the red sea. But got no award whatsoever.

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”