Loading DLC 42 with core army freezes game

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

StukaJU87
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Loading DLC 42 with core army freezes game

Post by StukaJU87 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 am

Hello, I've had no problems importing my core forces through any of the previous dlc campaigns but as soon as I import one from any of save games from the end of DLC 41 the game just freezes while loading, I can still move the mouse cursor aroun. It just never loads and I cant can't exit the game without cntrl+alt+delete. It loads fine when I don't load a core force. I haven't edited any files or downloaded mods or used cheats or anything and I've had it patched to ver 1.05 since the patch came out. I've tried reinstalling the dlc, making new save games and etc to no avail. If someone could please help I would much appreciate it.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Loading DLC 42 with core army freezes game

Post by VPaulus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi.
I'm sorry that you're having problems with Panzer Corps. I think you're the first one to report such an issue with DLC 42.
The way you're describing, it seems it might be related to a corrupted file/core. If that's the case, than I'm afraid I can't help you.
You could send me by mail, some of your last save games and save cores, and I'll try to see what happens in my Panzer Corps installation.
If that's alright with you, just PM me.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm

I've just finishing testing your core with my PzC installation and it's working. I was able to start DLC42 two times with two of your cores.
So this tell us that you don't have a corrupted core. There must be something wrong in your PzC installation.
You can beginning to install again Panzer Corps 1.05 patch.
If that doesn't work than I suggest to uninstall every DLC and the main game.
Start by by uninstalling your last DLC, if it's 42, start from there until DLC 39. Then uninstall PzC and check if there are any files left in your PzC installation folder (not the one in My Documents) and delete them.
Reboot your PC.
Install order:
PzC 1.0.
DLC 39
DLC 40
Patch 1.05
DLC 41
etc.

Report back please.

chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:05 pm

VP you may want to know his OS (XP or Win7), on my machines it (Panzer Corp) set up in two different places, the XP was fine but on my Win 7 I had to place MODS and Documents, manually, in the same location as on XP, game did not do it automatically. FWIW ???

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm

chief wrote:VP you may want to know his OS (XP or Win7), on my machines it (Panzer Corp) set up in two different places, the XP was fine but on my Win 7 I had to place MODS and Documents, manually, in the same location as on XP, game did not do it automatically. FWIW ???
Remember there might be two MODS folders. One in Documents and other in PzC main folder. But in any circumstance (at least until 1.05), the game will never create any of the MODS folder during installation, in XP, Vista or Win7. You've always to create those folders, if you plan to use mods.

StukaJU87

Post by StukaJU87 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:12 am

It worked! Thank you so much for the help. I can't believe how fast and superior the game support is in this game/community. I guess I must of downloaded a mod or edited some file when the core game was released and have forgotten about it or did it by accident,there can't be any other explanation for my problem. Thank you so much again for the help. I had a really long horrible day at work and I am very pleased I can now relax, have a few beers and continue on with my campaign.

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by OmegaMan1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 am

VP, I am having the same issue, except with the 1943 DLC. I tried your suggested method of uninstalling everything and re-installing; this did not work. I have attempted to load the DLC with the pre-loaded core, as well as my core from the end of the 1941 DLC, and these do not cause '43 DLC to lock up. Thus I suspect something's up with my current core file. I do have one modded unit in my core (a '42 T-34 from Razz's unit file). Could this be causing the problem? If so, how do I fix it?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am

Go to a previous save before finishing 42, and delete that unit from your core.

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by OmegaMan1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:32 am

VP, you are my hero... I was terrified I'd have to restart the campaign from '42 (or worse, from '39). Thank you for your help, sir! :D

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”