Missing units when loading modified-GC39-save-game in GC40

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Missing units when loading modified-GC39-save-game in GC40

Post by zappel »

I have a strange behavior in vanilla GC40 after finishing a modified GC39-campaign. When choosing the attached modified-GC39-save-game 28 units should be in core but there are only 26 units to deploy in vanilla GC 40. Two fighter planes are missing and I don't know why.
Just to explain: I added some missions from nikivdd's MPC36-39-mod (great stuff, especially Rheinland and Czajanek) to the original GC 39. To load this save-game in vanilla GC 40 I changed the GUID of GC 39 in the campaign.pzdat of GC 40 to {503FACF2-38EA-11E3-9A92-33C550C8C401}.
Do these planes got lost because of a problem using a modified GC39? Can I resolve the problem? Does somebody have a suggestion what could be wrong?
Attachments
000010.zip
Savegame
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Missing units when loading modified-GC39-save-game in GC

Post by ThvN »

Hard to diagnose without the mod, but the mod thread mentions that there are some units unique to it, so maybe these are the missing items? What units exactly are you missing, and are you using the same equipment file for GC'40?

Thread for the mod for those interested: http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=43224
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

ThvN wrote:Hard to diagnose without the mod, but the mod thread mentions that there are some units unique to it, so maybe these are the missing items? What units exactly are you missing, ...
Ahh, good idea! But in my case, the missing fighter planes are BF109 E which are in both equipment.pzeq-files (the one for the mod and the one located in PzC-data-dir) listed as unit 125 (ID). I dismissed one other unit before the end of the campaign and still both fighter planes are missing.
ThvN wrote:... and are you using the same equipment file for GC'40?
Is it possible to have different equipment files for each DLC? In this mod I have a unique file but there is none especially for GC40, isn't it?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Normally there are not but as far i know if you put a changed equipment file into one of the DLC directories it will overwrite the general equipment file in the main game folder but will be only valid for the DLC you placed it in.
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Thanks Tarrak and ThvN,
your hints gave me the solution. I replaced the standard-equipment-files with the modified one and the fighter planes are now available. I wonder why because the missing unit has the same ID in both files but however. Now it works.

Greetings,
ThN.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”