Where to find Panzer Corps expansions and DLC

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Where to find Panzer Corps expansions and DLC

Post by PeteMitchell »

In your PzC game root folder: are there any txt files named after the DLCs that contain your serial number?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Where have you bought the GOld edition? From Steam store?
UZImek
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by UZImek »

Thanks for looking into this.

I got the game from Steam.

In my game folder, there are no .txt-files with expansion names; However there is a folder called "DLC", and in it are lots of folders with names of the campaigns "GC39", GC40" etc.. 14 different in total, so I'm guessing that's everything right there. The game just doesn't seem to recognize them.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Without the txt files your game doesn't recognize the DLCs in the folders as installed/purchased and therefore won't show them in the start menu... that's about how much I think I understand about it...
mcvos

Post by mcvos »

PeteMitchell wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:36 pm Without the txt files your game doesn't recognize the DLCs in the folders as installed/purchased and therefore won't show them in the start menu... that's about how much I think I understand about it...
I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time now, and this is the only comment I can find that gets to the heart of why the screen doesn't list the campaigns.

I indeed do not have txt files named after expansion with a serial number in them.

How do I get those? Should I create them manually? What are the exact filenames and how do I find my serial number?

I've got PC Gold on Steam, and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

mcvos wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:19 pm
PeteMitchell wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:36 pm Without the txt files your game doesn't recognize the DLCs in the folders as installed/purchased and therefore won't show them in the start menu... that's about how much I think I understand about it...
I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time now, and this is the only comment I can find that gets to the heart of why the screen doesn't list the campaigns.

I indeed do not have txt files named after expansion with a serial number in them.

How do I get those? Should I create them manually? What are the exact filenames and how do I find my serial number?

I've got PC Gold on Steam, and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
I don't have the Steam version, I only have the stand-alone version. Plus I don't know exactly how it works but for the stand-alone version you should have five txt files in your Panzer Corps root folder, e.g. here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps Gold (or similar)

Africa.TXT
Allied.TXT
Main.TXT
PanzerCorps.TXT
Soviet.TXT

These files contain your serial number. They are being created as part of the installation. I don't know if there is anything in addition in the Windows regedit file (or anywhere else).

In addition, I think your log file under C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps\Log (or similar) may also contain your serial number, e.g. when I played multiplayer I think I recall I have seen it there from time to time as well. Not sure when/why it is there. I guess some sort of server login check.

Please compare here as well:
viewtopic.php?t=36323
viewtopic.php?t=95938 (including a link to Steam key instructions?)

Best might be to reach out to support@slitherine.co.uk directly.
mcvos

Post by mcvos »

Is it possible that the original is called steam_appid.txt? That's the only .txt file I have in Panzer Corps's root directory. Copying it to the other filesnames doesn't fix the problem, though.

Those links seem to be about redeeming a non-Steam purchase in Steam. That's not my situation.

Steam is incomprehensible about it. To activate the DLC I must purchase it, for which I need to purchase Panzer Corps Gold, which I already have, and which I won't receive a second time if I purchase it again. If I select the support option at Steam that the DLC doesn't work, I get the message that I don't have any DLC for this game because for PC Gold, it's not DLC anymore, because it's automatically included, which it's not in my case.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I am sorry, I don't have the steam version nor do I know anything about steam... maybe somebody else knows more?

I still suggest to reach out to them directly: support@slitherine.co.uk

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”