Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

cw58
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

Post by cw58 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:50 am

guille1434 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 pm
Hello Cw58! Thaks for sharing that recoilless gun icon, but, I think it look more like a 10,5 cm LG42, than a 7,5 cm LG, which had smaller wheels in its carriage and no shield...
Anyway, it was an icon which was missing from my collection. :D
Well, of course, you are right. Somehow, in my research, I had downloaded a pic and renamed it as 7.5cm when it was indeed the 10.5cm. Most embarrassing. :oops:

But I'm glad you found it useful anyway.

cw58

Post by cw58 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:33 am

@Guille
I will look at the "para" ability question you asked in the other thread when I get a chance to run some tests. I kind of remember 1 quirk regarding "para" units with transport. They couldn't be deployed in air transport at the beginning of a scenario; they had to be loaded at an airfield. But I will check to see what is possible in the next few days.

Is there any chance that you are planning to make a "forced-march" icon? That would be a welcome addition....

guille1434
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:50 am

Hello Cw!

Thanks for your answers and comments. It is such a plesure to explore new game options and concepts with someone so helpful and knowledgeable...

Bearing in mind the quirk you mention (and also noticed by me when playing the game) is that I thought about implementing a new terrain type clled "Air Base" that would function as an hybrid of a city and airfield, combining the abilities of both terrain types, i.e. upgrading land and air units, besides repair/refuel aircraft, and also ble to embrk units on rail transports. This, I think, would help by giving the chance to deploy, mount/unmount from transport and upgrade parachute units in the same hex. I even made a "candidate" hex-map graphic for this (attached here).

About the marching infantry unit, the answer is definitely positive, but as making figure icons is not my strong side, I think it will take some tries before arriving to a satisfactory result. :-) But, you will see it done.

Thanks again, my friend... :-)
Attachments
Airbase.png
Airbase.png (36.89 KiB) Viewed 546 times

lennis29
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lennis29 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm

guille1434 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:50 am
Hello Cw!

Thanks for your answers and comments. It is such a plesure to explore new game options and concepts with someone so helpful and knowledgeable...

Bearing in mind the quirk you mention (and also noticed by me when playing the game) is that I thought about implementing a new terrain type clled "Air Base" that would function as an hybrid of a city and airfield, combining the abilities of both terrain types, i.e. upgrading land and air units, besides repair/refuel aircraft, and also ble to embrk units on rail transports. This, I think, would help by giving the chance to deploy, mount/unmount from transport and upgrade parachute units in the same hex. I even made a "candidate" hex-map graphic for this (attached here).

About the marching infantry unit, the answer is definitely positive, but as making figure icons is not my strong side, I think it will take some tries before arriving to a satisfactory result. :-) But, you will see it done.

Thanks again, my friend... :-)
interesting

cw58

Post by cw58 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 pm

I did a few tests regarding "para" ability and air-transportable transports. As subjects, I used an infantry, light artillery & a light AA unit; all with the "para" trait.

For the transport, I used 2 versions of SdKfz 2, 1 with and 1 without the "para" trait (even though it seems it was not dropped by parachute historically). Both versions were modded with the ability to board a Ju 52.

The results were similar to the "camo" trait being applied to transports. All units could be air-dropped; it made no difference if the SdKfz 2 was modded with "para" or not. This would work for the "forced march" type of transport that we were discussing but really not much else. Perhaps with the exception of the Welbikes that popped up in the PAKmod thread.

And I did remember more clearly the quirk I mentioned. Units modded as above cannot be deployed on air transports at the beginning of a scenario. Unlike paratroopers, they would need to be manually loaded from an airfield after the scenario begins. A work-around for that is to make it a unit that is switched to transport instead of having an organic transport. I think that has also been suggested before. I hope this information helps.

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:08 am

cw58 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 pm
I did a few tests regarding "para" ability and air-transportable transports. As subjects, I used an infantry, light artillery & a light AA unit; all with the "para" trait.

For the transport, I used 2 versions of SdKfz 2, 1 with and 1 without the "para" trait (even though it seems it was not dropped by parachute historically). Both versions were modded with the ability to board a Ju 52.

The results were similar to the "camo" trait being applied to transports. All units could be air-dropped; it made no difference if the SdKfz 2 was modded with "para" or not. This would work for the "forced march" type of transport that we were discussing but really not much else. Perhaps with the exception of the Welbikes that popped up in the PAKmod thread.

And I did remember more clearly the quirk I mentioned. Units modded as above cannot be deployed on air transports at the beginning of a scenario. Unlike paratroopers, they would need to be manually loaded from an airfield after the scenario begins. A work-around for that is to make it a unit that is switched to transport instead of having an organic transport. I think that has also been suggested before. I hope this information helps.
Cw58: Thanks for being so helpful... As my desktop computer went out of service sometime ago, and I am using an old netbook to navigate in the internet, it is out of the question for my at present to make tests or play PzCorps...

The results of your tests were previsible, but fortunately is not a big problem and can reasonably be circumvented.

For para-drop capable units, we must only use organic transport units with the same drop ability, for example, the British Welbike, or just even conventional bicycles. Of course, adding the "forced march" organic transport mod to parachute units will not be a problem!. Other, heavier, organic transport units could also be used, in this case, players will be forced to "drop" said transports before air-embarking paratroops in a transport aircraft unit. The only option that should be avoided is to add air transportable orgnic transport units to para-drop capable units.

In the case of the Sdkfz.2 half-track motorcycle, this vehicle was historically designed as a transport towing unit por paratroop units, but it was not air dropped, it was just designed to be air portable by the typical transport aircraft of that time (the Ju-52). So, if we want to attach an Sdkfz.2 transport unit to a Fallschirmjäger unit, we can make two variants of said unit:

- A Fallschirmjäger (motorized) unit with no air drop ability, but being air transportable by aircraft or glider, which can be "switched" to Sdkfz.2 transport (the transport unit is added a switch to the unit, and not as an organic transport). This same method could be applied to Fallschirmjäger towed support units (AT, AA, Artillery) which were air transportable, but not air droppable (except for the 7,5 cm LG40 recoilles gun, and at the moment I could not find if the bigger 10,5 cm LG42 was also para-drop capable or not).

- Another Fallschirmjäger unit variant with para-drop ability which could receive as a transport unit an Sdkfz.2, but this Sdkfz.2 variant should not be made air transportable, making the player to drop it before embarking the parachite unit to n air transport for a mission.

Of course, both of this Fallschirmjäger units would be "upgradeable" in any city/port hex or in the new "Airbase" hex terrain I have devised. Both should be part of the same upgrade family to make their upgrading cost cheaper.

I hope I was clear in explaining my ideas... And thanks again!
Attachments
Sdkfz 2 Air Transportable Kettenkrad.jpg
Sdkfz 2 Air Transportable Kettenkrad.jpg (200.58 KiB) Viewed 457 times

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am

The Soviet Polikarpov I-180 fighter... 8)
Attachments
Polikarpov_I-180.png
Polikarpov_I-180.png (22.35 KiB) Viewed 404 times

uzbek2012
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by uzbek2012 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:35 pm

guille1434 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am
The Soviet Polikarpov I-180 fighter... 8)

guille1434 very beautiful ) And BI-1 ?
http://alternathistory.com/raketnye-sok ... ka-isaeva/

UT-2
http://oruzhie.info/voennye-samolety/544-ut-2

R-5
https://russian.rt.com/science/article/ ... -zaicev-as

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:11 am

Hello Uzbek... There already was an icon made for the BI-1 rocket interceptor, and besides, the I-180 looked easier... :-)

Anyway, here is my version... 8)
Attachments
Bereznyak-Isayev BI-1.png
Bereznyak-Isayev BI-1.png (17.13 KiB) Viewed 325 times

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:48 pm

While reading the Wikipedia article about the German invasion of Crete island by airborne forces (Operation Merkur), which was the first time they used the LG40 7,5 cm recoilless gun in combat, I found out the there was a "95th Gebirgs Pioneer Battalion" which participated in the attack (besides parachute and air transportable units, the German command also used airlifted mountain infantry units in the invasion). So that gave an idea for a (yet) new infantry type unit: the Gebirgspioniere, which would combine the minefield clearing and bunker busting abilities of combat engineer units (pioniere) with the mountain climbing movement type of Gebirgsjager units. Not the brightest and most innovative idea, but I think that kind of troops can be useful when dealing with fortification on mountainous terrain. 8)

As I gave the regular pioniere units a specific switch to attack fortifications (when in this state, they have just one hex movement, and lower defense, but they have higher HA value and the "bunkerkiller" trait, to prevent them from being also able to assaut tank units in open terrain from two hexes away), so I also gave the same "switch" to Gebirgspioniere units, which I present to you here... :-) This icon should work ok with the same animations/sounds used by the regular Pioniere units.

I hope you find them useful...
Attachments
Gebirgspioniere39.png
Gebirgspioniere39.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Gebirgspioniere-HE.png
Gebirgspioniere-HE.png (17.76 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Gebirgspioniere Unit Pack.rar
(58.36 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

uzbek2012
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by uzbek2012 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:02 pm

guille1434 you as always well done ) at the expense of special troops, then here is the Soviet Stalinist special forces )))
https://aftershock.news/?q=node/397553&full
https://fishki.net/1482156-shturmovye-b ... -rkka.html
https://yuripasholok.livejournal.com/12378794.html

P.s. Sniper Sabbath in January 1943 :)
https://zen.yandex.ru/media/pistolet_ka ... 00ae88663d

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by captainjack » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:19 am

I was thinking about gebirgspioneers a while back and these will do the job very well - if only I can remember what I wanted them for!

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm

A new version of the Panzer IV icon, the early versions (C & D) with the short gun... :-)
Attachments
Panzer_IVD_Aty_SE.png
Panzer_IVD_Aty_SE.png (29.94 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Panzer_IVD_AT-desert.png
Panzer_IVD_AT-desert.png (24.09 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Panzer_IVD Unit Pack.rar
(242.17 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Also, the Pz IVF-1 unit pack...
Attachments
Panzer_IVF-1_Aty-desert_SE.png
Panzer_IVF-1_Aty-desert_SE.png (26.6 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Panzer_IVF-1_AT-desert.png
Panzer_IVF-1_AT-desert.png (24.31 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Panzer_IVF-1 Unit Pack.rar
(243.38 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Yrfin
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Yrfin » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 pm

Thanx for new desert Pz IV. Rommel will be glad :)
Why ?! Why what !? Why not...

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:19 am

A makeshift self-propelled AA vehicle for the German forces... which comprises a 2 cm Flak 38 gun mounted on an Opel Blitz truck...
Attachments
Opel_Blitz_4x4-2cm-Flak_AT_SE.png
Opel_Blitz_4x4-2cm-Flak_AT_SE.png (19.96 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Opel_Blitz_4x4-2cm-Flak_AA.png
Opel_Blitz_4x4-2cm-Flak_AA.png (17.26 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Opel_Blitz_4x4-2cm-Flak Unit Pack.rar
(257.29 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

lennis29

Post by lennis29 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:48 pm

guille1434 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:19 am
A makeshift self-propelled AA vehicle for the German forces... which comprises a 2 cm Flak 38 gun mounted on an Opel Blitz truck...
Excellent Contribution, that unit would put a value of (50 for the truck and 56 for the Flak 20mm) $ 106 Prestige.

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by terminator » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:00 pm

In AT mode, shouldn’t the barrel be in the other direction?

1-35-german-armored-truck-w2cm-flak-38-500776780_00.jpg
1-35-german-armored-truck-w2cm-flak-38-500776780_00.jpg (310.67 KiB) Viewed 99 times

I found this other image where the barrel seems raised but is it effective in AT mode?

3021_3-auto_downl.jpg
3021_3-auto_downl.jpg (45.56 KiB) Viewed 97 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”