Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96b (Link Fixed)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Anderkav
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96b (Link Fixed)

Post by Anderkav »

I've been busy for the last couple of days, so I'm only writing now. Maybe someone can help:
1) What is the encoding of the War.pzcn file (like this)
then you can come up with something(you don't have to mess with the local editor)
2) is it possible in theory to change the war.pzcn file during the game (after each turn) (that is, to analyze the save file and change the war...)
actually everything,I do not guarantee that I will seriously do this, but there are some thoughts on how to get around the shortcomings of the local editor

Последние пару дней был занят, так что пишу только сейчас. Может кто сможет помочь:
1) Какая кодировка у файла War.pzcn (вроде так)
тогда можно будет кое-что придумать(не придется возиться с местным редактором)
2) можно ли в теории изменять файл war.pzcn в процессе игры(после каждого хода) (то есть анализировать файл сохранения и изменять war...)
собственно все,не гарантирую что всерьез этим займусь но некоторые мысли есть, как обойти недостатки местного редактора

Всем заранее спасибо
Anderkav

Post by Anderkav »

The last couple of days I've been actively digging into the mod's materials. It turned out to be an interesting and confusing tangle, it is curious that some traces led to the original game and the incompetence of the developers.
So the first thing that needs to be done is the characteristics of the equipment to make 41 years more historic. To do this, you will either have to set similar indicators, or write a small code (macro). This would significantly simplify this part of the work and, most importantly, would be much more transparent and understandable. But to do this, you need to come up with formulas for calculating the characteristics, but everything depends on the coefficients and the formula itself.
For example, ammunition(ammo=projectile count/calibre factor (usually 10(for 75mm shells) or (fuel=power reserve&reliability factor/4 (usually 1(0.8 to 1).

All in all, I tested a couple of mechanics on the test map and it might have made the war a little more varied. But I still want to try to understand the technique first(and there is a lot of it here).
Plus, it would be nice to add a couple of units, but you need to deal with the graphics editor.))
I would like to release this mod before the end of June (at least with a rebalance of equipment and initial scripts)
With respect, Anderkav
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

It would be nice to add these maps about Lake Hassan 1938 and Khalkhin Gol 1939)

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=105978&p=931084#p928970
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

hey, i was wondering if it is ok to upgrade the t-26 and b-7 tanks to t-34 as soon as possible (im at the second mission atm).
also is it advisible to have some fighters/bombers early or its a waste?
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

gaius21 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:38 am hey, i was wondering if it is ok to upgrade the t-26 and b-7 tanks to t-34 as soon as possible (im at the second mission atm).
also is it advisible to have some fighters/bombers early or its a waste?
From my experience, even early T-34s are far superior to T-26/BT-7, not to mention they will have cheap upgrades through entire campaign. Also, KV family - while more expensive they are truly OP early into the war =)

As for planes... well, I tend to play airforce-heavy and yeah, sure. Takes some management to keep them alive early into the mission (AA is your best friend =)), but they sure useful.
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

thanks, yea i will keep the kv-1s untill the IS-1 become available. maybe change the kv 2 to an uparmoured kv 1 (ecranami i think its called).
lost the 2 fighters in the first mission and bought AA in their stead. will probably buy a bobmer and use it as bait.
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

Oh yeah, uparmored KV is a beast =)

As for planes - yeah, early Soviet fighters are squishy and not exactly rich on fuel. Still, I prefer having atleast a couple for them to get experience and, more importantly, kills & heroes. As for bombers - it sure helps to have some, especially since you have to deal with hostile navy every now and then... Plus, Il-2 can be really deadly thingie after few stars gained =)
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

do you use any infantry? i have currently 1 naval 1 engineer to attack the islands (im still at the second mission), and 3 regulars. finn units usually one shot them but i will try to keep them alive for the glorious guards upgrade! the captured kv-1 finn unit also demolishes anything i throw at it, even the ecrenami kv cant take it on 1vs1.
by the way does the mod have SE units and heroes?
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

gaius21 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:16 am do you use any infantry? i have currently 1 naval 1 engineer to attack the islands (im still at the second mission), and 3 regulars. finn units usually one shot them but i will try to keep them alive for the glorious guards upgrade!
Yeah, I usually have few core Infantry units. As with Fighters - they are very squishy initially, but as the gain stars, they becoming extremely deadly in forests, cities, etc. By the time Tigers appear, Infantry can eat them alive in close terrain =)
gaius21 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:16 am the captured kv-1 finn unit also demolishes anything i throw at it, even the ecrenami kv cant take it on 1vs1.
Suppress and surrender. Or lure into close terrain and kill it with infantry =)
ps: I remember those actually. They are quite annoying, but with bombers and combined effort goes down pretty quick. Or if you manage to surrender it - nets healthy Prestige :twisted:
gaius21 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:16 am by the way does the mod have SE units and heroes?
Yuuuup, at some point you will be getting SE (Guards) units. There's also bunch of bonus units (awarded for various hidden goals) and some of them are quite nice actually. As for Heroes - there's no super-heroes as far as I remember (like Rudel in German Grand-Campaign with totally crazy stats), but standard Heroes are here.
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

thanks man, considering the hidden goals do you have a list of them?
also is it the mod that caps the exp you can get per mission?
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

gaius21 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:18 am thanks man, considering the hidden goals do you have a list of them?
Mmm, not really. I think I never managed to get ALL of the bonus units possible. But most of them are quite easy to get.
gaius21 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:18 am also is it the mod that caps the exp you can get per mission?
Yup, there's gradually increasing cap that does not allow you to get over too experienced units early in the war (reflecting historical situation more or less).
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

The hidden objectives are about keeping the camo auxiliary tanks alive?
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

gaius21 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:48 am The hidden objectives are about keeping the camo auxiliary tanks alive?
Nah, it's usually about keeping VPs or capturing some special hexes or destroying group of enemy units etc. Most of the aux units are throw-away meatshield. Exceptions happens, but you'll be notified =)
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

damn they look really good!
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

at the 8th mission of defending moscow (the one where the siberian units spawn), i made a decisive victory loosing 2 forts( also didnt loose the first town). shouldnt i get a reward unit?
or is there another hidden objective?
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

gaius21 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:59 am at the 8th mission of defending moscow (the one where the siberian units spawn), i made a decisive victory loosing 2 forts( also didnt loose the first town). shouldnt i get a reward unit?
or is there another hidden objective?
These reward units usually appear mid-scenario and not related to DV or MV. Somewhere around defense of moscow you can get Su-100Y for example - pretty formidable ATG for quite some time =)
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

i have got 2 of those, a kv-220-76 in lenigrad mission and the su-100 in moscow. not really fan of fielding prototypes.
i have read in the changelong of the 1.7 version that if the player performs well (whatever that means) in the 8th mission he gets a zis-41 added to his core.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

gaius21 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 am i have got 2 of those, a kv-220-76 in lenigrad mission and the su-100 in moscow. not really fan of fielding prototypes.
i have read in the changelong of the 1.7 version that if the player performs well (whatever that means) in the 8th mission he gets a zis-41 added to his core.

You can like or dislike the mod aimed to show realism as much as possible within the framework of this game and it shows it )

https://en.topwar.ru/157006-rasskazy-ob ... -100y.html

https://en.topwar.ru/28112-prototipy-v- ... v-220.html

The heat will be in Sevastopol before it mod is passed with a bang ) If you have the difficulty of the game General or field Marshal, you will cry )))
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

you seem upset.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

gaius21 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:32 pm you seem upset.
Not what kind of disorder this mod is ten times better than the official DLC Soviet Corps !)

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”