Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, version 2021-08-31h

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

faos333
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, last version 2021-08-14

Post by faos333 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 am

succession AAR brilliant idea, I would be interested for a test
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Locarnus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, last version 2021-08-14

Post by Locarnus » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:03 am

faos333 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 am
succession AAR brilliant idea, I would be interested for a test
I started the succession AAR, looking forward to you taking over and dealing with the situation of your predecessor: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 5&t=106799

It uses the new Locarnus addon patch
version 2021-08-23
Update used for succession AAR:
- Multipurpose aircraft (eg FW 190, Bf 110, Ju 88), beware switch cycle: main use -> alternate use -> landing for ferry -> main use (but landing for ferry step only above airports)
- New variants (eg for Ju 88, Henschel 129, Panzer IIIM tropical version)
- Switch icons for many more axis multipurpose units (eg flak, aircraft)
- Some stat rebalancing for aircraft (mainly the multipurpose ones)
- Minor error and consistency corrections

Download (Install guide in original post of this thread):
https://bit.ly/3klMeqF
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, AAR? version 2021-08-26

Post by Locarnus » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:58 pm

After starting the succession AAR thread and playing for a few turns, I again started modding the files :roll:
Writing stuff down and thinking about long term strategies for the AAR prompted me to rethink some aspects. And having the PzC BE playlist of Goose_2 in the background also helped with that.

Historically Germany deliberately did not take Leningrad and thus the 1000 prestige gain in game might give to much incentive to focus on it.
Malta was not taken either, when Germany still had the chance. Perhaps a strategic mistake in hindsight, but the 1000 prestige might motivate beyond the strategic importance.
The bigger question is about an early Sealion vs a focus on the Soviet Union.
Invading Britain would result in little gains for the resource strapped German industry, it would mainly prevent the bombings.
While a defeat of the Soviet Union would bring lots of Soviet resources, like in the days before Barbarossa, and solve the German resource shortage.
Thus it imho makes sense to reward the player with prestige to simulate the rerouting of those resources. Especially after watching Goose_2, who struggles to bring enough fighters to bear against Britain even after defeating the SU!

Aside from those strategic considerations, there were some aspects which came to attention during the playing and writing of those first AAR turns.
And sometimes those led to the discovery of even more stuff in the files :? .

Perhaps it would be better if someone else restarts the succession AAR?
Since I keep getting distracted and my PzC/leasure time will most likey decline a lot for the next few weeks.

Version:
2021-08-26
Update based on experiences from first attempt of succession AAR:
- Starting prestige lowered by another 300 points
- Most Black Sea mines changed to moored mines, due to the lacking sea mine clearing and fleet purchasing mechanics in PzC
- Leningrad is no longer an upgrade location (same as in original BE), but it blocks the railway line to Helsinki
- Leningrad and Malta only give 100 instead of 1000 prestige upon capture (taking them gives a strategic advantage, but does not buy you many more units)
- The defeat of the Soviet Union provides 300! prestige per turn (if no partisans hold ex Soviet victory hexes), simulating the rerouting of resources to the German industry, instead of the Soviet army
- This should encourage players to try for a more historical approach (an early Sealion would do little for the German industry, but Soviet resources would help a lot)
- Kazan added again and designated as a victory hex, making the defeat of the Soviet Union a bit harder. (This one was added already in the last patch, but I forgot it in the patchnotes)
- Only 3 infantry upgrade paths: Regular (including Pioniere), Jaeger and Bridge Engineers
- Pioniere defense stat lowered from 8 to 7 and late version nerfed a bit as well
- Romanian Reserves do not share the same upgrade path as Romanian regular infantry
- AT gun upgrade paths simplified again: By caliber in AT mode, by transport in Transport mode. Only 2 transport paths: Opel Blitz and "Everything else"
- Flak upgrade paths adjusted: 20mm Flak, Flakvierling, 3.7cm Flak and 88, the first 3 include the versions mounted on vehicles (eg SdKfz 7/1 for Flakvierling)
- Tropical versions for the SdKfz 7/1 and 7/2 flak vehicles and the SdKfz 251 infantry transport halftrack
- Tropical versions for the final Panzer IIIM+ and N+ versions (stats only)
- Rebalanced Flammpanzers (nerfed the II a bit and the III a lot, it was OP due to a stat error)
- Rebalanced some German artillery prices

Download the Addon to BE 2.3 (Install guide in original post of this thread):
https://bit.ly/3gwRkiP
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, succession AAR version 2021-08-26

Post by Locarnus » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:34 pm

The succession AAR will be restarted by faos333, using the recent update 2021-08-26: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 5&t=106799

I therefore updated the list of German upgrade groups/paths:

German upgrade paths for addon version 2021-08-26

Many minor axis nations have a single upgrade group for eg fighters and bombers, mostly unchanged from BE 2.3

0) Infantry (1939, 1942, 1943, 1944 versions for many of those), Jaegers are more expensive, especially Fallschirmjäger
- Regular: Wehrmacht Inf (1939 and 1942 version can switch to desert camo without upgrade - only visual change), Grenadiere, Pioniere, Kradschützen (switchable to recon mode), Cavalry
- Jaeger: Fallschirmjäger, Brandenburger (bonus unit), Gebirgsjäger, Skijäger
- Brückenpioniere

1) Tanks, which now includes "tank destroyers". Those are generally more expensive now (prestige cost)
- Pz I: Panzer I tank variants, Panzerjäger I tank destroyer, Bison I (Sturmpanzer I) artillery
- Pz II: Panzer II tank variants (including Flammpanzer II), Pz II recon variants switchable to recon mode, Marder II family, Bison II (Sturmpanzer II) and Wespe artillery
- Pz 38(t): Panzer 38(t) tank variants, Marder III and Hetzer tank destroyers, Grille artillery and Flakpanzer 38(t) SPAA
- Pz III: Panzer III tank variants (including Flammpanzer III), StuG III assault guns (includes all TD and arty variants) and StuH 42, Panzer IIIs are not cheaply upgradeable to Panthers like in BE itself!
- Pz IV: Panzer IV tank variants, Nashorn and Jagdpanzer IV tank destroyers, StuG IV, Hummel arty and Brummbär assault guns/arty, as well as Möbelwagen, Ostwind, Wirbelwind flak panzers
- Pz V: Panther tanks and Jagdpanther
- Tiger I tanks
- Vk4501 chassis Ferdinand and Elefant
- Tiger II (King Tiger) and Jagdtiger in same upgrade path

2) Recon, no relevant changes compared to BE 2.3 beyond the Pz II recon vehicles and Kradschützen being switchable and upgradeable through the tank class (or infantry class for the Kradschützen)
- SdKfz 221
- SdKfz 222
- 8x8 recon: includes 232, 233 and both 234 variants
- SdKfz 250 recons
- Pz II recon: Pz II recon variants, all switchable to tank class for upgrades to other Pz II chassis variants

3) Anti-tank
Self propelled anti tank units are now part of the tank class, so that they do not receive the unfair +3 initiative.
Gun groups when in AT mode, for upgrading transport modes while staying with the same caliber:
- 3.7cm Pak 36
- 5cm Pak 38
- 7.5cm Pak 40
Transport groups when in transport mode, for upgrading to another caliber, while staying in the same transport group:
- Opel Blitz
- Every other transport is in the same group, including Krupp Protze (KP), UE, SdKfz 10 and 11 and RSO. This upgrade path/group also includes the Pak88, which does not have the camo trait and needs a new transport.

4) Artillery upgrade paths are usually based on the weapon system, except for StuGs and StuHs
- leFH (light field howitzer): 10.5 cm leFH (not the 10.5 cm sK!), Wespe
- sFH (heavy field howitzer): 15cm sFH, Hummel
- Nblwf (Nebelwerfer): all towed and self propelled Nebelwerfer units
- sIG (heavy infantry gun): Bison I and II (Sturmpanzer I and II), Grille, StuIG33, Brummbär
This means, that eg you can cheaply upgrade from Panzer I to Bison I artillery (in tank mode), switch to Bison I artillery mode, cheaply upgrade to eg Brummbär (artillery mode), switch to Brummbär tank mode and then cheaply upgrade via the Panzer IV upgrade path to a Jagdpanzer IV(70) or a Wirbelwind flakpanzer. Far fewer upgrade dead ends!

5) Anti-air units (Flak)
- 2cm Flak, including SdKfz 10/4 self-propelled versions
- 2cm Flakvierling, including SdKfz 7/1 self-propelled versions (which now have a tropical variant)
- 3.7cm Flak, including SdKfz 7/2 self-propelled versions (which now have a tropical variant)
- 8.8cm Flak variants

7) Fighters
- Bf 109 variants
- Fw 190: Ta 152 and Fw 190 fighter variants (A and D) as well as fighter bomber variants (F and G) in their fighter configurations (secondary mode, can be switched to tac bomber mode over an unoccupied friendly airfield)
- Bf 110: Bf 110 and Me 410 in their fighter configuration (secondary mode, switchable to tac bomber config, which is their primary mode)
- Ju 88: Night figher versions in fighter configuration (secondary mode, switchable to strat bomber config, which is their primary mode)

8 ) Tac Bombers
- Ju 87
- Hs 129 (a real tank buster variant is also available, the B-3)
- Fw 190 fighter bomber F and G variants (in tac bomber primary mode, switchable to fighter config, which is their secondary mode)
- Ju 88: Night fighter variants (in tac bomber primary mode, switchable to fighter config secondary mode), ground attack version Ju 88P-4 as well as Ju88A and Ju 188A in tac bomber configs (secondary, switchable to strat bomber primary)

9) Strat Bombers
- Do 17 and Do 217
- He 111 and He 177
- Ju 88A and Ju 188A in their strat bomber mode (primary, switchable to tac bomber secondary)

Another picture was also added to the original post of this thread, concerning the multipurpose aircraft switching and new versions:

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, version 2021-09-01

Post by Locarnus » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Since faos333 has not yet begun with the succession AAR restart, I had time to finish two more versions.

The first one is 2021-08-31 and concludes the "August updates".
Thanks to McGuba the modified scenario can now be started directly from the campaign screen (bottom right: 1941 - Barbarossa).
In the scenario tab it is now the "Barbarossa (real)" version, not the realistic+ version. Same goes for the selection after finishing the Mediterranean campaign scenario, select "realistic" version, not "realistic+"!
Additional tropical units are available, some only visual (wheeled recon, towed arty), see patchnotes below.

The second version named "2021-09-01" additionally includes far reaching economy changes. It is thus more experimental again.
1. I wanted to make "prestige" more of a "strategic industry" indicator and less of a "tactical reward".
For example conquering Malta in BE 2.3 brings so much prestige that it is a way to invest prestige (bomber losses and time) to gain even more prestige after some time (1000 bonus prestige). The strategic advantage of conquering Malta is more of a nice bonus on top of that. Which is the reason why I nerfed the bonus prestige in 2021-08-26 for conquering Malta. Now it is a real decision if the player is willing to lose prestige (bomber losses and time) in order to gain a strategic advantage (or nullify a strategic disadvantage) by taking out Malta.
While I do not go all the way with this concept, you also get less prestige for conducting the submarine war. It is now mainly a way to harm the enemy, not a way to earn prestige and be able to recruit new units!
There are some more changes in this direction, eg lower prestige bonus for capturing cities and VHs.
This reduces the gap between players who focus on historical economic necessities and players who overachieve with regards to objectives that hurt the enemy, but do not bring many new resources to the Axis economy.
Something that may help with the frustration of players who choose a more historical route and feel overly punished for it.

2. I can not maintain 3-4 versions for different "difficulty" settings.
Thus I needed to reintroduce "base per turn prestige", which is affected by the "player prestige" difficulty slider (and thus by eg Rommel difficulty level). My ultimate goal is, that there needs to be only 1 single player version. And players can then adjust the difficulty with the sliders/options. So now the axis side gets 200 bonus prestige per turn again (or 100 with the 50% setting from Rommel), regardless of in game hex control and so o. I also adjusted some of the difficulty levels, to make more sense for this scenario. Guderian now is Rommel + Field Marshal, instead of the -5 turns. Ultimate is Manstein + Rommel + Field Marshal. The lower difficulty settings are all level 2 AI, but with bonus prestige for the player (based on the 200).

3. Upgrading old units or buying new ones
From the beginning, one aspect of this addon was the additional upgrade possibilities for units. So that it is benefitial to keep older equipment units alive, instead of sacrificing them at the front.
With this version I want to make another step in that direction, by reducing upgrade costs to 90%. So upgrading from a Pz I to a Panther does not only make sense in terms of retained experience, but also from a prestige perspective (instead of buying a new Panther unit from scratch). Unfortunately this also lowers the in-group/path upgrade costs. So for the moment the main issue with upgrading is, that the unit has to be sent home and can not fight, while the upgrade costs are less significant. I'm not sure how this turns out, as always feedback is very welcome!

4. Reinforcements are very cheap
Due to the low costs of reinforcements (25% of base unit costs), it is tremendously important to keep units alive. Especially in BE, since it takes some time for new units to reach the frontlines. Thus players who are not so versed in the game may face an undue additional struggle. For a great player, 40 strength points cost only 100% of the unit cost, if applied as reinforcements (since the great player manages to keep the unit alive). But for a player who is less skilled in keeping units alive, those same 40 strength points may cost 400% of the base unit price (since that player has to buy the unit 4 times). And then move them to the front! This creates a tremendous balancing challenge! I thus tried to decrease that gap by increasing the replacement costs from 25% to 40%. So from factor 4 to factor 2.5, between replacements and buying new. General prestige income is increased to account for that.
Unfortunately point 3 goes somewhat in the other direction, increasing the value of existing units for upgrading. I'm not sure how to balance that in the end or whether point 3 is worth keeping.

tl,dr;
Prestige is now more of an industry indicator, less of a tactical reward.
Trying to rebalance this mod to be less frustrating for more historical and less experienced players. Especially with regards to prestige balancing.
Use version 2021-08-31, if you do not want to have those experimental economy changes!

Version:
2021-09-01 Download: https://bit.ly/3DxPTKV
First version with economy rebalancing!, prestige is now more a "strategic industry" indicator and less of a "tactical reward", thus experimental version
- The modified scenario is now the "Barbarossa (real)" scenario and can thus be started from the bottom right campaign picture (1941-Barbarossa), thanks to help from McGuba
- The realistic+ scenario is now unmodified by the Locarnus Addon!
- If you start earlier in the campaign, select the "realistic" version after the Mediterranean.
- To double check whether you play the modified scenario, check that Danzig exists at (89,36), to the South of Gotenhafen
- 200 base prestige income added again (since that one changes based on "player prestige" difficulty setting - eg for Rommel the player gets 50% of it, thus 100 less prestige per turn)
- Reinforcement costs now 40% instead of 25%, elite reinforcements cost 90% instead of 75% of base unit cost, making reinforcements a lot more costly
- Upgrade costs 90% instead of 100%, it is now cheaper to upgrade an existing unit compared to buying a new one, even outside of upgrade groups
- In-group/path upgrades are now more of a time issue (when the unit is not at the front line), rather than a prestige issue.
- Capture rewards 30 instead of 50 for cities and 90 instead of 150 for Victory Hexes
- Surrendering units brings 40% instead of 50% of unit value
- Capturing Malta (10), Leningrad (100) and Moscow (500) brings much less extra prestige (first two already since 2021-08-26), your reward is the strategic position, not a prestige advantage
- Capturing Leningrad and Moscow has a lesser effect on Soviet Union reinforcement levels
- Submarine warfare brings somewhat less prestige for the Axis player, since the merchant ships are sunk, not captured
- Many other prestige income levels adjusted (often factor 1.5), to make up for the much more expensive unit reinforcement costs
- Difficulty levels changed, "Guderian" is now Rommel + Field Marshal, instead of the -5 turns, "Ultimate" is now Manstein + Rommel + Field Marshal. The easier difficulty levels are also adjusted to make more sense for this mod, eg more player prestige, but all have AI level 2
- EXPERIMENTAL VERSION, if you want a more matured version, use the previous one from 2021-08-31 below

2021-08-31 Download: https://bit.ly/3mVjNTo
The final version of the "August Development", last version before economy changes
- The modified scenario is now the "Barbarossa (real)" scenario and can thus be started from the bottom right campaign picture (1941-Barbarossa), thanks to help from McGuba
- The realistic+ scenario is now unmodified by the Locarnus Addon!
- If you start earlier in the campaign, select the "realistic" version after the Mediterranean.
- To double check whether you play the modified scenario, check that Danzig exists at (89,36), to the South of Gotenhafen
- Some long range arty rebalancing (railway arty) and earlier 15cm sFH
- Nebelwerfer and Wurfrahmen arties rebalanced, Wurfrahmen ammo is only 3!
- Many additional tropical versions, mainly regarding late war airplanes, but also SdKfz 250 halftrack and Wurfrahmen
- Visual only tropical versions for some recon (only non-tracked ones) and arty units (only towed ones), for those the player can simply switch between normal and tropical version without upgrade

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, version 2021-09-01

Post by Locarnus » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:09 pm

Attention: There is a bug reported in the 2021-09-01 version, giving London an additional chain home radar from the start (which provides an additional +1 initiative). Will be corrected in a bugfix version later today.

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, experimental again version 2021-09-02

Post by Locarnus » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 pm

2021-09-02 Download: https://bit.ly/3zEOGPq
- Hotfix, removing the additional British radar near London.
- Britain rebuilds the southern coast radars once, after 6 months of the first ones being destroyed (already in last version, forgot in patch notes)
- Rebuilding requirements a bit more robust now
- Scenario name shortened, to allow more space for individual savegame naming without having to delete some of the default text

faos333
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, experimental again version 2021-09-02

Post by faos333 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:52 am

Good soon I will start the AAR
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Locarnus

Post by Locarnus » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:00 pm

faos333 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:52 am
Good soon I will start the AAR
Version for the AAR:

Matured August branch (only fixes and very minor updates):
2021-08-31a Download: https://bit.ly/3jH9vUZ
- Malta and Leningrad give 250 prestige, closer to the original 1000. The very low prestige rewards continue to be part of the September economy rebalancing branch
- Karl-Gerät again has 2 movement and then can shoot, as in BE 2.3. But also a "movement" mode, which gives it 3 movement (4 on roads), but without being able to shoot
- Positioning of Karl-Gerät and 21cm arty changed in Barbarossa scenario, so that both can be used again to strike Brest fortress in the first turn.

Locarnus

Post by Locarnus » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Matured August branch (only fixes and very minor updates):
2021-08-31b Download: https://bit.ly/3BQqQ3X
- A bug fix concerning the Minsk pocket and an upleasant surprise
- Malta and Leningrad give 100 prestige
- But the historical 280mm railway artillery battery is available for Barbarossa
- Railway guns have 20 movement on rails
- Two more soviet 5 strength units protecting rivers from simply driving over

Locarnus

Post by Locarnus » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:49 pm

More matured August branch:
2021-08-31c Download: https://bit.ly/3CgxtwI
- Crimea and adjacent area somewhat redesigned
- British Southern Chain Home Radars are rebuilt in adjacent positions after 6 months (once), as in the September branch
- 125 instead of 100 prestige from turn 44 for axis, to partially account for the fact that Panzer III can not be in group upgraded to Panthers
- Free Panther (turn 49) and free Me 262 (turn 79)
- Pioniere a bit cheaper, Kradschützen less range and more expensive
- Fw-200C +1 ammo, more range, can fly over land and can be used as an (inefficient) bomber, but is now much more expensive
- He 177 not in upgrade group with He 111, but historically much longer range and naval attack value, also much more expensive
- Some error corrections
- Somewhat adjusted the library, especially regarding the german upgrade groups

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, focusing on version 2021-08-31d

Post by Locarnus » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:16 pm

2021-08-31d Download: https://bit.ly/3AtCVvS
- Finnish Jäger 1943 and 44 movement range in ski mode corrected
- Sevastopol railway visual corrected (no functional change, just forgot to remove a track overlay in last patch)

uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by uzbek2012 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Locarnus

Post by Locarnus » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:35 pm

2021-08-31e Download: https://bit.ly/2Xs6LC8
- Corrected an invisible road connection between Kaunas and Dvinsk

uzbek2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm
[...]

Will there be a Turkish army ?
[...]
Turkey has always bought tanks and armored vehicles abroad. These were Soviet T-26, French Renault FT-17 and R35, English Vickers, German PzKpfw III and IV-G
viewtopic.php?p=930435#p930435

Turkey and Spain would make excellent additions, especially due to the Straits they control (or could control in the case of Spain). That would also increase the ahistorical replay value a lot!

Unfortunately I do not know how to implement it, especially with the 32 zone limit. All of those zones are used at least once and many are already used for multiple purposes with workarounds and so on.

uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Locarnus wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:35 pm
2021-08-31e Download: https://bit.ly/2Xs6LC8
- Corrected an invisible road connection between Kaunas and Dvinsk

uzbek2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm
[...]

Will there be a Turkish army ?
[...]
Turkey has always bought tanks and armored vehicles abroad. These were Soviet T-26, French Renault FT-17 and R35, English Vickers, German PzKpfw III and IV-G
viewtopic.php?p=930435#p930435

Turkey and Spain would make excellent additions, especially due to the Straits they control (or could control in the case of Spain). That would also increase the ahistorical replay value a lot!

Unfortunately I do not know how to implement it, especially with the 32 zone limit. All of those zones are used at least once and many are already used for multiple purposes with workarounds and so on.

Oh yes, it was possible to make a Spanish Verdeja tank, which is now in Panzer Corps 2, just a terminator if you pump it;)

http://tankfront.ru/neutral/espana/phot ... rettyPhoto
https://en.topwar.ru/17976-verdeja-ispa ... 45-gg.html

There was also an ACS on its base :wink:
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/spai ... m-verdeja/

http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/main.htm
http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/hispan/spanish.htm

Capturing Gibraltar would be interesting ...... ( Operation Felix. )
https://luksmarbella.com/operatsiya-felix/
https://armflot.ru/tretij-rejkh/990-kan ... santnikami
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Felix

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, version 2021-08-31f

Post by Locarnus » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:38 pm

2021-08-31f Download: https://bit.ly/3AMVb2h
- Fewer roads through the Alps
- Kazan airport location changed (no easy rail access)
- Volkssturm available earlier and cheaper, but less movement and hard attack

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, version 2021-08-31g

Post by Locarnus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:35 pm

More matured August branch:
2021-08-31g Download: https://bit.ly/3FYxwzL
- Some map changes around Piedmont, Nizza, Essex and Eastern Karelia
- Kem (Eastern Karelia, on the railroad to Murmansk), Tblisi and Baku are now additional Soviet Victory Hexes! They somewhat represent the Murmansk and Persian Lend-Lease corridors.
- New "Landwehr" unit, priced around the standard minor nation infantry, but worse combat stats (however it can recapture with the German flag and it does not just vanish like some other nations units...)
- Some more desert units (especially some self-propelled arty)
- Volkssturm can have horse transports (mainly for optional mobility, not for historical realism)
- Stronger warning about possible Italian government collapse, when Operation Torch starts!
- Most <12 tonne units are air transportable (game mechanic compromise, "glider" trait implementation is imho worse)

edit: Also added a paragraph to the original post about exploits and house rules (mainly concerning paratroopers and long range arty).

Locarnus

Re: Battlefield Europe v2.3: Locarnus addon, version 2021-08-31h

Post by Locarnus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 pm

2021-08-31h Download: https://bit.ly/3jF8Wuz
- Some ground defense nerfs to lightly armored German TDs (eg Marder) and SPAAs
- Flakpanzer I added, thanks to AKRebel and the fascinatingly detailed PAK mod: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 47&t=92787

The experimental branch is the direction I want to go in the future, but polishing the "matured August branch" first is necessary to provide a solid base to build upon.

Though at this point I need some feedback to do so.

Different playstyles and approaches are invaluable for finding out potential issues and imbalances.
Thus the current version 2021-08-31h is the last one for the time being, since further updates imho only make sense if they are based on some player feedback.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”