Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

Blohm & Voss P.210

Image Image

Unusually shaped plane to be constructed mainly of steel submitted to the Volksjäger initiative in 1944.

Download
_____
rezaf
Last edited by rezaf on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

Henschel P.135

Image Image

Initially on their own initiative, Henschel developed this highly advanced concept for a fighter without any horizontal tail surfaces. When the design was finally submitted to the RLM it met with quite positive response, but not much actual work could be finished before the course of the war brought it to an end.

Download
_____
rezaf
Last edited by rezaf on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

Messerschmitt P.1092/3

Image Image

P.1092 was an initiative to create a series of highly standardized aircraft all more or less based on the Me 262.
The /3 represents a concept for an interceptor which places the pilot in a somewhat unusual position.
Like all other P.1092 variants, it never left the drawing board, as the proposal to standardize aircraft production to this degree eventually fell through.

Download
_____
rezaf
Last edited by rezaf on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

Messerschmitt P.1110 Ente

Image Image

As it raised concerns about high development risks and problems with directional stability, this highly unusual redesign of the base P.1110 concept disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared.

Download
_____
rezaf
Last edited by rezaf on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

lol rezaf but its true google you can find anything i updated the site it works now
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

rezaf i know you have been making alot of nice planes wanted to ask since some people wanted to know about a senario or campaign.if you can or maybe ask someone who knows how to build campaigns to do that.what i was thinking was a 1944-? campaign with the secret weapons.germans are on the ropes of defeat and just in time the new weapons are added to germany.so it could also be a new campaign where germany can change the war but from 1944 start all the way to america if they keep winning.just a thought what you think rezaf a long campaign just like 1939 if german keeps winning.
to short of campaign if just only defence of the reich not sure if possible a what if campaign.also using your cool p.1000 ratte and p.1500 monster tanks.and add the lowe tanks.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

Well, sorry to say, but I don't have the time to do such a campaign in the forseeable future.
There's some plans I have with the PGClassic campaign, and maybe I'll eventually incorporate some of the SWOTL units in it, but that hardly counts.

I would have liked to create a mini-mod for the original campaign which incorporates a number of the units, but sadly Slitherine are pretty much sitting on their hands when it comes to modding that - we'd need the possibility to make some units available and others unavailable on a scenario and campaign basis.

Other than that, we'd need a full blown campaign, and - like I wrote - I just don't have the time. I'll do some more planes, but other than that, someone else is going to have to step in. I can't do all the work, sorry.
_____
rezaf
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

rezaf wrote:I would have liked to create a mini-mod for the original campaign which incorporates a number of the units, but sadly Slitherine are pretty much sitting on their hands when it comes to modding
I think that with the 1.04 update, was in fact the first step to create mod support for Panzer Corps.
Hopefully it will not end up here. Note that the game was only released 4 months ago.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

VPaulus, you omitted the important word "that" which followed my statement about modding, though I'll give you that - overall - increased modding support has been decisively underwhelming on the whole.
1.04 (disclaimer: haven't really tested it yet) seems to include some nice little things, but overall, still takes baby steps.

The issue with the baby step approach is that Slitherine is very thorough when it comes to testing (a commendable approach, especially these days), so it takes relatively long until a patch is through QA.
Only then is work on the next baby step started, which again has to go through the QA treadmill for a long time, and so on and so forth. It's discouraging to a modder waiting for that stuff to be implemented.
Also, there's essentially developer radio-silence, which means I get to see the changelog, am disappointed, hope for weeks and weeks for the next patch, only to see they've only taken another baby step which doesn't get remotely close to what should be implemented.

1.04 lays bare the bonus unit limit, has some slightly improved AI scripting and the campaign linking, that's about it. The first is one of quite a few hard coded values (the river combat bonus comes to mind) that should all have laid bare in one fell sweep. The second is only there to cover the failure of the developers to make the AI even do basic stuff right (which is not easy, I'll give them that).
The last is a nice gimmick, but mostly useless for most campaigns, where you're even struggling to keep your units from attaining XP too fast during the course of ONE campaign, let alone several linked ones.
Also, with XP being as worthless as it is, it's a bit of a mood point anyway.

About the game only being released for four months - many developers already END all support within such timeframe. It's nice that the PzC developers appearently do not plan to do the same, however, a possible discontinuing of support always looms on the horizon.

Don't get me wrong, I think that MANY developers could take a cue from PzC in how bug-free the initial release was - the game was fully playable without crashes or hiccups or whatever for me. A few TINY, forgettable issues, but overall, FLAWLESS.
But regarding modding support, it was clearly far, FAR too limited, and in this area, the PzC developers could take a cue from a TON of other developers.
_____
rezaf
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I think you can already make units available on a per campaign basis. Just use a modified equipment file for your campaign. Linked campaigns must have all the untis available but they can have different available dates allowing you to turn them on/off between campaigns. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

These are not baby steps - maybe you don't undertsnad what is inviolved to support mods in an integrated way :)

We dont tell you what is coming because we're never sure how far we'll get and if we promise something that doesn't make it it's even worse. Basically whatever we do there will be someone who is not happy.
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

Well, thx to gunho junior for the site.
Found some infos on wikipedia, but only if i know what to search for. :?

Definitely more informative than google :shock:
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

iainmcneil wrote:I think you can already make units available on a per campaign basis. Just use a modified equipment file for your campaign. Linked campaigns must have all the untis available but they can have different available dates allowing you to turn them on/off between campaigns. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

These are not baby steps - maybe you don't undertsnad what is inviolved to support mods in an integrated way :)

We dont tell you what is coming because we're never sure how far we'll get and if we promise something that doesn't make it it's even worse. Basically whatever we do there will be someone who is not happy.
About availability, there needs to be a way, in a scenario, to mark any unit/any number of units as unavailable. So you can, without messing with the availability dates, make it so you can, for example, buy a Panther or not. The idea, with the topic of this thread in mind, would be to adjust availability of equipment in a more dynamic manner. To give a very easy example: If the war goes well (simplification), you're going to Sealion/Washington and get access to stuff like the Maus and post-Me262 airplanes, if the war goes badly you end up in Berlin and lose access to some of the better stuff, but get access to last ditch stuff like Volkssturm. There's no way to do something like that.
Well, you ARE right, you COULD do it now with linked campaigns, albeit in a very limited manner.
Something more universal/usable is required.

And yes, these ARE baby steps. You cannot seriously deny this.
I don't expect miracles here, no full blown scripting engine or even SDK, we won't see that in PzC and I can live with it - the team IS small, and one has to stay realistic.

But laying a table of hard coded values open to modding, implementing a few additional SIMPLE traits (like direct-damage ranged attack or suicide - for cruise-missile type weapons) would be relatively easy to implement - unless the code is a complete mess - and implementing it in one go would mean, only one QA loop.

Finally, I can totally expect that you don't put a date or even version number on things - that would obviously make people (like me) scream bloody murder if you - for whatever reason - had to delay something. Fair enough.
But you could at least make a sticky, outlining what you're planning, with a general "timeframe" - not dates, merely "short term" to "long term", also outlining what you're ruling out (in the forseeable future) for whatever reason. That'd be at least soemthing.
_____
rezaf
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

here are rezaf 2 prototype tanks he made he has done a great job on them since they are hard to find a good picture for.http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... ratte.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32 ... nster.png/
adding this if anyone wants it http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/haunebu.png/

thanks again rezaf

not sure i did this correct for people to download if not let me know how to do this so i can have people download these tanks thanks anyone just new to imageshack.
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

first creation

Post by gunhojr »

ive done my first good plane just learning from razef hope its ok for first plane.i need a sterdy hand as you can see.but
i tried here is picture its a arado e.555-1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/aradoe5551.png/
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

rezaf any more planes coming just curious you have done a great job on these.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

Yeah, I have a few more in the pipeline at least. However, I'm taking a break for a couple of days as I'm visiting my parents. Then I'm back to work and can't promise a solid date for more - but it will be forthcoming. Unless you do all the work, as you're able to get promising results now. 8)
_____
rezaf
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

rezaf have you done soldiers before.or tanks
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

gunhojr wrote:rezaf have you done soldiers before.or tanks
Check out my Spanish Civil War units. Or the Italian units nikivdd uses in his campaign.
In other words - I have done tanks and infantry, albeit with mixed results.
I think most are passable, but nowhere near what HBalck can do with Poser.
On the other hand, good luck asking him to even lift a finger for you...
_____
rezaf
skaters
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by skaters »

I guess there is no need for me to request. Thanks.
"That which doesn't kill me, will make me
stronger!"
ninja sword
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

rezaf wrote:
gunhojr wrote:rezaf have you done soldiers before.or tanks
Check out my Spanish Civil War units. Or the Italian units nikivdd uses in his campaign.
In other words - I have done tanks and infantry, albeit with mixed results.
I think most are passable, but nowhere near what HBalck can do with Poser.
On the other hand, good luck asking him to even lift a finger for you...
_____
rezaf
As far as I am concerned, your work, any of it at all..............SPANKS anything else.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”