How to use the New Campaign System

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

How to use the New Campaign System

Post by Kerensky »

Feel free to include this tutorial anywhere you offer your custom campaigns for people to play.
NOTE:
This only applies to campaigns created under the new system. It's up to the campaign designer to make sure all the files have been structured and organized correctly.
See this thread for details on configuration:
viewtopic.php?t=29080
Also: Don't worry about my desktop image in the background there. :P

Special thanks to nikivdd for letting me use his custom campaign as a template.

Step 1: Download someone’s campaign.

Step 2: If you don’t have a ‘Mods’ folder, create one.

Step 3: Place downloaded file into ‘Mods’ folder.

Step 4: Start Panzer Corps and press this button.

Step 5: Enjoy!

Now, tell me that wasn't painless and easy. :D

We strongly encourage our custom campaign designers to make the most of the new system. One of the best features over the old system is the ability for custom campaigns to be installed in parallel, no more constantly overwriting campaign.pzdat files or other files otherwise only contained in the DATA folder.
naturesheva
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by naturesheva »

I just made a test, it seems work.
However, when I playing my Mod, the tiles in the scenario is still the original version, not the tiles we modified.
It there any suggestion for this problem??

Many thanks!
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

You need to use the same path as in PC

For example:

C:\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps\Graphics\Tiles

put all that information into the mod folder.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Razz1 wrote:You need to use the same path as in PC

For example:

C:\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps\Graphics\Tiles

put all that information into the mod folder.

Thanks, I'll have a try tonight!
bobk

Post by bobk »

That looks great, especially for somebody like me who kind of understands this, but never seems to get it to work... My suggestion would be for you guys to screen the new mods and REQUIRE that they be setup in the same path as PC, and help the modders to fix it, before you ok the mods for release. That way everybody is on the same page, and there is no frustration that a mod doesn`t work.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I'm struggling to get this to work, I never get the "More Campaigns" button to appear. I have read the "extendet support" thread, I suspect what I edited together so far by isn't really a "campaign" that the game recognizes (I just did a small test using two scenarios quickly thrown together).

Since the campaign used here to test this seems to work under the new system - where can I dl it? I probably get a better idea of what to do if I use this campaign, and then edit my stuff in the same way....
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

bebro wrote:I'm struggling to get this to work, I never get the "More Campaigns" button to appear. I have read the "extendet support" thread, I suspect what I edited together so far by isn't really a "campaign" that the game recognizes (I just did a small test using two scenarios quickly thrown together).

Since the campaign used here to test this seems to work under the new system - where can I dl it? I probably get a better idea of what to do if I use this campaign, and then edit my stuff in the same way....
That was actually an example of a campaign i am working on and is not available for dl at this time.

If you want to check out an example of how it works...try my british campaign (v0.02) for v1.04
viewtopic.php?t=28988
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thanks man, that did it for me, got it to work :)

Btw, if you still want feedback for that campaign, I'll give it a go at the weekend.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

bebro wrote:Thanks man, that did it for me, got it to work :)

Btw, if you still want feedback for that campaign, I'll give it a go at the weekend.
That would be very much appreciated, thanks.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Re: How to use the New Campaign System

Post by fsx »

I tried to use different tiles, but ist does not work. It uses everytime the original tiles. I also tried to rename the tiles, putting it in the original and/or mod-folder and changed the tiles.pzdat. Nothing happens. Knows someone a solution?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

fsx wrote:I tried to use different tiles, but ist does not work. It uses everytime the original tiles. I also tried to rename the tiles, putting it in the original and/or mod-folder and changed the tiles.pzdat. Nothing happens. Knows someone a solution?
Try using GME for tiles and sfx. And use My Games\Panzer Corps\Mod folder just for GUID.txt and for Data subfolder.
Take a look at how this mods are organized:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=30156
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=32638
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Thank you for the fast answer. It is a good way to use GME, but please, let me know the now implemented functions.
Is it not possible to switch the tiles between the user campaigns only by selecting a campaign?

Example:
If someone would like to use a desert-tileset in one user campaign and a normal set in another - I have to use GME to switch between the campaigns? And if I would play parallel these two campaigns, I also have to switch each time I load a game from the other campaign?

What will be with the announced africa-campaign from slitherine? Will there be an update before to close this gap?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

fsx wrote:Thank you for the fast answer. It is a good way to use GME, but please, let me know the now implemented functions.
Is it not possible to switch the tiles between the user campaigns only by selecting a campaign?
No. The mod support is not fully finished at that level. However you can add layers to the vanilla layer, but it might not work with other user campaigns because the tiles may occupy a different position in the file.
Again take a look at the tiles in the USMC campaign.
fsx wrote:What will be with the announced africa-campaign from slitherine? Will there be an update before to close this gap?
I don't have a clue. It's a good question... it must be a full expansion, so I expect some changes in regard Panzer Corps.
grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch »

i kniw i am probably being really dense as i am a real amatuer at this sort of thing, but the instructions at the start of this thread look so straight forward. However, I am not sure which games/campaigns i can safely download to use this way. I am hopeless at swapping files etc so this seemed straight forwward however when i look at the different campaigns there seems to be other downloads to do, and files to change/backup and i am nervous of downloading them
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Unfortunately many of the bigger mods these days need a bit more care when installing, esp. with GME. In such cases the individual creators shoud give detailed instructions for the installations, it is hard to make a general guide or to say in general which campaigns need what effort - this should be specified by the creators.

Hopefully we get a simpler handling over time so that this would be not needed anymore.
ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio »

The 'new' system looks great and nice and easy to use (hopefully!). :wink:

Is there a list anywhere of custom campaigns compatible with this system? :?:
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »