The Unit Factory

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks. I wondered what the (V) in the name was.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:33 am

flakfernrohr wrote: Is this icon ready to download from Image Shack?
The Brummbär? The pic on imageshack is just a preview, but there's a link for DL from gamefront in the first post of this thread. I'll put all links for finished units there to have them all together in one post, so that people don't have to search the whole thread for something. Previews and "unit x available" messages I'll just post normally at the end.

grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 am

in the danger of sounding really thick, can I ask, I would love to download these new units/images, as well as new campaigns etc, but I am really useless at this sort of thing and I am worried that I could end up knacking my original game and having to uninstall it and start all over again. Can you safely download and add these units to the game without damaging the game files and then the units will be available for use? I know there is a mod editor for downloading other campaigns etc, but I am worried of doing something wrong and messing everything up!

I feel stupid for asking as I know I should not fear doing this, but I do.lol

thanks for your understanding. keep up the good work as even though I havent yet used the new units, I love seeing people hard at work making additions/improvements to the core game.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 am

grabbysnatch wrote:in the danger of sounding really thick, can I ask, I would love to download these new units/images, as well as new campaigns etc, but I am really useless at this sort of thing and I am worried that I could end up knacking my original game and having to uninstall it and start all over again. Can you safely download and add these units to the game without damaging the game files and then the units will be available for use? I know there is a mod editor for downloading other campaigns etc, but I am worried of doing something wrong and messing everything up!

thanks for your understanding. keep up the good work as even though I havent yet used the new units, I love seeing people hard at work making additions/improvements to the core game.
I'll answer later (unless someone else jumps in), have to go offline right now :)

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 am

grabbysnatch wrote:in the danger of sounding really thick, can I ask, I would love to download these new units/images, as well as new campaigns etc, but I am really useless at this sort of thing and I am worried that I could end up knacking my original game and having to uninstall it and start all over again. Can you safely download and add these units to the game without damaging the game files and then the units will be available for use? I know there is a mod editor for downloading other campaigns etc, but I am worried of doing something wrong and messing everything up!

Well you sound like me!

I recommend you use GME, there is a stick thread about it under scenario design.

When i talk about my own shop, you don't need GME to play GTPG, you just follow the install instructions i posted and you don't need to overwrite anything.

Since v1.04, i no longer overwrite anything. Either i use the new campaign system or i use GME to test custom unit made scenario's/campaigns.
I should check if i can use the new campaign system with custom made units without using GME. That's something for the future to find out. :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Like niki said, use GME for it, although in his campaigns you don't need it.
viewtopic.php?t=27158
With the proper use of GME you'll never mess with the game.
But even if you mess, Panzer Corps, is relatively easy to uninstall and install again.
IF you've to unistall, thesave games information won't be erase from Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps, so you won't loose anything.
You just have to have your serial and your originals to install it again. :wink:

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:34 pm

nikivdd wrote:Since v1.04, i no longer overwrite anything. Either i use the new campaign system or i use GME to test custom unit made scenario's/campaigns.
I should check if i can use the new campaign system with custom made units without using GME. That's something for the future to find out. :)
I've checked your Italian Campaign, and it's still the same issue as it was with 1.04. You don't hear the sound of your custom units. Only if you use together with GME and with a sound mod (like RSM Redux) enabled. :wink:

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 pm

VPaulus wrote: I've checked your Italian Campaign, and it's still the same issue as it was with 1.04. You don't hear the sound of your custom units. Only if you use together with GME and with a sound mod (like RSM Redux) enabled. :wink:
Luckily it still works, that is most important. For now i'm just doing too much and have no time for it.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:05 pm

grabbysnatch wrote:in the danger of sounding really thick, can I ask, I would love to download these new units/images, as well as new campaigns etc, but I am really useless at this sort of thing and I am worried that I could end up knacking my original game and having to uninstall it and start all over again. Can you safely download and add these units to the game without damaging the game files and then the units will be available for use?
In addition to the others, specifically for adding units:

Usually the creators provide only PNG files as graphics for custom units, which need to be implemented into the game to be of use. First you need to copy the PNG gfx into your game folders. The gfx showing the sideview of the unit on the map and for purchasing go into ..Panzer Corps\Graphics\Units

If provided the additional big gfx to be displayed on the top right corner in the purchase screen goes into Panzer Corps\UI\bigunits (not needed to make a unit work, but nice to have).

Adding only those PNGs to the game only should *NOT* overwrite any original files, unless the creator have named their gfx in a waay already used by other units (shouldn't happen).

But to make a playable unit using those gfx you have to edit at least the file equipment.PZEQP in your game's "data" folder. And to make your unit using sounds and combat anims like fire etc, the file efx.PZDAT in the folder Panzer Corps\Graphics has to be edited as well.

If you decide to do so, *backup those files* before any change so that you can go back to the originals easily.

You can edit the equipment most easily with the Equipment Editor found via: viewtopic.php?t=26898

Be aware that if you indeed edit those files in the main game folders your changes will get probably overwritten when you install the next patch.

To avoid that you can either make additional backups of the changes you did, or create a unit mod in a separate folder for your use and enable it via GME. The latter is the best option, but may require more work to set up. Hope that helps, just ask if something is still unclear.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:27 pm

rezaf wrote:Hey bebro, if you actually want to grant me a unit request, here goes.
I'll give you two alternatives and you can pick which one you want to do (and when and if at all, I guess :wink:).
Begun work on that AEC, here's a little WIP. As you see, it's pretty early right now, still lacking a turret and lotsa details, which will be added once the basics are done.

Do you want the texture/color in line with stock PzC Brit units, or do you prefer anything special? It's no biggie to make something else as long as I know before rendering the final unit. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:34 pm

That doesn't look bad at all bebro - great work (same goes for the Brummbär, of course).

My primary choice would be for the AEC to blend in best with the existing british units.
Then, if it's not too much of a hassle, maybe you can provide a textured version or something, but that's purely optional.
I can always run it through my skinning machine app, should there be any need for that. :wink:
_____
rezaf

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 pm

OK, as per usual, this should be ready on the weekend :)

Kerloc
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kerloc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:09 pm

can i use this thread to release my own units here too bebro ?

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Brummbar.
Has anyone attempted to assign unit parameters in equipment file? Or any suggestions?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Kerloc wrote:can i use this thread to release my own units here too bebro ?
I think you should create your own thread. :)

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 pm

nikivdd wrote:Brummbar.
Has anyone attempted to assign unit parameters in equipment file? Or any suggestions?
Pretty similar to a GRILLE 15cm L/12 specs I imagine. Used the same ammunition as the sIG 33. Also similar gun to the sIG 33 that had a L/11 15cm gun which was used to develop the L/12 which was shorter and in a ball mounting of the superstructure. All of this family used the Infanteriegeschutz 33 cannon or its variations.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 am

flakfernrohr wrote:
nikivdd wrote:Brummbar.
Pretty similar to a GRILLE 15cm L/12 specs I imagine. Used the same ammunition as the sIG 33. Also similar gun to the sIG 33 that had a L/11 15cm gun which was used to develop the L/12 which was shorter and in a ball mounting of the superstructure. All of this family used the Infanteriegeschutz 33 cannon or its variations.
Would a range of 2 and 5 ammo be reasonable? What do you think?

Kerloc
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kerloc » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am

VPaulus wrote: I think you should create your own thread. :)
And i think i asked bebro ^^
Is working together not appreciated ?

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Kerloc wrote:
VPaulus wrote: I think you should create your own thread. :)
And i think i asked bebro ^^
Well, personally I have nothing against it. Otoh I think other creators surely deserve their own threads and maybe it could be a tad easier to sort things out when we not cram everything in one thread. In the end I have no prob either way, so feel free to post it here if you want :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Kerloc wrote: And i think i asked bebro ^^
bebro wrote:Otoh I think other creators surely deserve their own threads and maybe it could be a tad easier to sort things out when we not cram everything in one thread.
As a moderator, as you might understand, I do try to help in organizing the forum and try to make the threads as clear as possible. On my part I just suggested, the decision belongs to the OP.

But anyway, we I'm sure we all in the forum, will like to see your work, if it's in thread or another. :D
Last edited by VPaulus on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”