The Unit Factory

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

This is where I'm now with the AEC. There are some small inaccuracies, and some details not fully modelled out, but at PZC's unit size this will not make much of a difference, so I tend to leave it that way. Only the color will be changed to the standard Brit paint in PzC.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Looking great. :)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

nikivdd wrote:
flakfernrohr wrote:
nikivdd wrote:Brummbar.
Has anyone attempted to assign unit parameters in equipment file? Or any suggestions?
Pretty similar to a GRILLE 15cm L/12 specs I imagine. Used the same ammunition as the sIG 33. Also similar gun to the sIG 33 that had a L/11 15cm gun which was used to develop the L/12 which was shorter and in a ball mounting of the superstructure. All of this family used the Infanteriegeschutz 33 cannon or its variations.
Would a range of 2 and 5 ammo be reasonable? What do you think?
The tables in the game for the sIG 38T show a range of 3, ammo of 4, movement at 4, rate of fire 9 and initiative 5. The Sturmpanzer is the same.

Since the Brummbar (Grizzly Bear, I love that name), is an improved version cannon on a PzIV Chassis, a higher range, more ammo and more movement would be in order I think. Certainly a more initiative due to the enclosed fighting compartment on the hull which was heavily armored.

I would give at least a range of 3, ammo 5 as you say because of a larger hull area on the PzIV chassis. Then I would up the movement to at least 5 (the same as Hummel). Perhaps the initiative should be a little higher to for the enclosed fighting compartment and the Germans felt very confident in the Brummbar and the close defense and air defense should be higher than an open fighting compartment vehicle. The rate of fire could maybe be tweaked since this cannon was set on a ball like a tank and the loading and sighting procedure improved.

I am NO expert, just my $.02. The Brummbar was really a bad a** artillery and support tank, just very heavy due to the armored superstructure. They improved it three times before production ceased.

NOW! If Bebro has made us a fine Brummbar specimen, my hat is off to him and he would find it easy to utilize the similar superstructure for the PzIV PanzerJager 70 (A), also made by Alkett. Just a hint bebro. :roll:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

flakfernrohr wrote:
nikivdd wrote:
flakfernrohr wrote: Pretty similar to a GRILLE 15cm L/12 specs I imagine. Used the same ammunition as the sIG 33. Also similar gun to the sIG 33 that had a L/11 15cm gun which was used to develop the L/12 which was shorter and in a ball mounting of the superstructure. All of this family used the Infanteriegeschutz 33 cannon or its variations.
Would a range of 2 and 5 ammo be reasonable? What do you think?
The tables in the game for the sIG 38T show a range of 3, ammo of 4, movement at 4, rate of fire 9 and initiative 5. The Sturmpanzer is the same.

Since the Brummbar (Grizzly Bear, I love that name), is an improved version cannon on a PzIV Chassis, a higher range, more ammo and more movement would be in order I think. Certainly a more initiative due to the enclosed fighting compartment on the hull which was heavily armored.

I would give at least a range of 3, ammo 5 as you say because of a larger hull area on the PzIV chassis. Then I would up the movement to at least 5 (the same as Hummel). Perhaps the initiative should be a little higher to for the enclosed fighting compartment and the Germans felt very confident in the Brummbar and the close defense and air defense should be higher than an open fighting compartment vehicle. The rate of fire could maybe be tweaked since this cannon was set on a ball like a tank and the loading and sighting procedure improved.

I am NO expert, just my $.02. The Brummbar was really a bad a** artillery and support tank, just very heavy due to the armored superstructure. They improved it three times before production ceased.

NOW! If Bebro has made us a fine Brummbar specimen, my hat is off to him and he would find it easy to utilize the similar superstructure for the PzIV PanzerJager 70 (A), also made by Alkett. Just a hint bebro. :roll:
Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated :)
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

bebro wrote:This is where I'm now with the AEC. There are some small inaccuracies, and some details not fully modelled out, but at PZC's unit size this will not make much of a difference, so I tend to leave it that way. Only the color will be changed to the standard Brit paint in PzC.
Outstanding work bebro, as usual. Thanks. :)
_____
rezaf
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

AEC MkI available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2wfmdlxns0fn80x

I didn't test this one in-game so far, but I don't expect any probs. If there are still any, just drop me a note and I'll fix it.

I'll allo add the link to the OP.
Kerloc
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kerloc »

looks very good
Ballermann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Ballermann »

Nice, very nice new Unit.
Sorry, for my bad school english...
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thanks. This was the last unit I made - for this year ;)
Ballermann

Post by Ballermann »

Oh, that's too bad :cry:
Sorry, for my bad school english...
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

OK, I haven't forgotten about the "units for minors", but next will follow something else, since this will be used for the 3d unit making tut.

After looking through some possible units for this I decided to do a "Panzerwerfer 42" on Maultier haftrack:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerwerfer

The reasons for this are:

1. The main body is not too complex
2. Being a halftrack this can be used to demonstrate procedures for both wheeled and tracked vehicles
3. I like the look of this thing, and it is not in the game yet

I'll start a separate thread for this tomorrow, the tut will have several parts.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

Cool choice bebro - I already made one of those, but I'm sure you can do a better job by creating a proper 3D model. Eagerly awaiting your unit. 8)

_____
rezaf
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Hey, this looks actually very good. :) Haven't seen it before. Though doing a 3d model of it can't hurt :)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

That is an awesome unit to say the least, ready made to put with the data and files of the Wuframen 40, just substitute the icon. BTW bebro, any thoughts on the Alkett version of the PZIV l/70 (A) yet?
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Brumbar was a heavy support unit.

I should not move 5 or have higher ammo.

It was used short range for knocking out building and forts.

Should be range 2 movement 4

In order to get range, you need a long barrel.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Razz1 wrote:Brumbar was a heavy support unit.

I should not move 5 or have higher ammo.

It was used short range for knocking out building and forts.

Should be range 2 movement 4

In order to get range, you need a long barrel.
Sounds good to me. The Brummbar is a neat piece of armor
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

flakfernrohr wrote:BTW bebro, any thoughts on the Alkett version of the PZIV l/70 (A) yet?
Well, for the next some 2-3 weeks I will be busy with other things that have priority. But then I might give it a try, since I don't have to create the PIV chassis from scratch.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

bebro wrote:
flakfernrohr wrote:BTW bebro, any thoughts on the Alkett version of the PZIV l/70 (A) yet?
Well, for the next some 2-3 weeks I will be busy with other things that have priority. But then I might give it a try, since I don't have to create the PIV chassis from scratch.[/quote-bebro]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IF YOU GET THE TIME, PLEASE DO ONE WITH THE L/70 AND ONE WITH THE l/71 Kwk 43 88mm. Just a little longer barrel. These are not in the game.
HBalck
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Location: Augsburg / Bavaria / Germany...but I am from Eastern Germany !

Post by HBalck »

Hi Bebro,
If you need a good 3D model for your Panzerwerfer 42 (possible are max, 3ds, obj 3D formats or direct my pz3 format Panzerwerfer for poser) - I can give you one of my models - BTW I need your AEC and I need a good sIG I tower (for my Panzer I and my sIG). BTW we can work together on some projects.

H.Balck
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

HBalck wrote:Hi Bebro,
If you need a good 3D model for your Panzerwerfer 42 (possible are max, 3ds, obj 3D formats or direct my pz3 format Panzerwerfer for poser) - I can give you one of my models - BTW I need your AEC and I need a good sIG I tower (for my Panzer I and my sIG). BTW we can work together on some projects.

H.Balck
It's a nice model no doubt, but I picked the Panzerwerfer specifically to write my 3d unit making tut.

As for working together, sorry, normally I'd have no problem with this, but since your first move here was basically to imply out of the blue that I had more or less stolen other people's work I don't think there's much of a basis for cooperation.

I certainly wish you luck for your mod projects, since they are looking very good.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”