The Unit Factory

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: The Unit Factory

Post by bebro » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 pm

OK, I'll add a big UI icon for it soon.

guille1434
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello Bebro!

First of all, I want to thank you for the superb air units icon you are creating!

In second place I want to ask you permission to modify some of those icons (puntually I want to "work" on the Hurricane icon) and upload the results (if they are good enough) to share them with the community here.

What I want to do is to convert the British Hurricane to a soviet one (I like more the green-brown camo of this one that the blue-green scheme of the soviet icon)... As the soviets used British Hurricanes without repainting them, this would be "accurate". This would be only changing the british roundels for Soviet stars and erasing the flag on the tail. The other work would be to transform this icon to the Mk IIC version, by way of adding the 20 mm guns on the wings and making the nose of the aircraft two pixels longer (this version was 30 cm longer than Mk.I).

Thanks again!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am

No problem if you want to modify something. Variety is always good IMO since it gives people more of a choice.

The green-blueish paint I used is a Brit camo too, but I used it more on Spits and others, but originally Hurricanes sometimes had similar paints too.

However, I can't cover any wish or version with a completely new rendering anyway (unless someone finds me a rich sponsor so I can happily devote the rest of my life to unit creation ;)) so if people start modifying units acc. to their personal preferences it's abolutely ok, and in the end positive for the community :)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:02 am

Air transports/gliders

Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3261e1bs34tc7a4

Examples:

Notes:
- Soviet version named Li-2 (DC-3/C47 license), and as said I use the SM.82 for ITA
- I didn't bother with "generic" versions of the C47 or Ju52, these are in the eqp, but for lotsa nations which don't have paras anyway, so I decided to leave them out

Lacking bigunit icon for Italian Bf_109 (right-click > "save as" to use)

This should be it for the Euro theater, incl. those of 1.10. Next I'll reorg all air gfx into one pack, and get the modded eqp file done with those gfx edited in.

Then there's the German set in desert camo for AK, and AK SE units. Personally I think it's overdone to make two separate custom sets again, but if people like it I can add a complete German desert air set later (Ger AK SE units could use it too).

Ballermann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Ballermann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 am

bebro wrote:Air transports/gliders
and
Many thanks, die sind wie immer wunderbar :D
Sorry, for my bad school english...

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Ballermann wrote:
and
Many thanks, die sind wie immer wunderbar :D
+1
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3261e1bs34tc7a4

Examples:
Awesome..throwing them directly into the units folder..thnx a bunch

bebro wrote:Personally I think it's overdone to make two separate custom sets again, but if people like it I can add a complete German desert air set later (Ger AK SE units could use it too).
true...I wouldnt bother with them either...I have a little suggestion though.
The Ju-52 wasnt the main transport plane of the Wehrmacht and the Gigant was used for special purposes only..the real transport planes carrying a lot of equipment were the Ju-252 or Ju-352 and the Ju-90 (this squadron carried the heavy weight for the trapped 6th Army)...if you feel like it you could maybe add one or another as a bonus...if I would have to decide for one only I would choose the Ju-90...
and to add a real recon plane the Fw-189...just thinking loud :lol:
JU-90
JU-252/JU-352

in anyway...your units are an awesome addition :wink:

rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Chris10 wrote:The Ju-52 wasnt the main transport plane of the Wehrmacht and the Gigant was used for special purposes only..the real transport planes carrying a lot of equipment were the Ju-252 or Ju-352 and the Ju-90 (this squadron carried the heavy weight for the trapped 6th Army)...
I guess that depends on how you define "main transport plane". Defined as the transport plain that was used most frequently, the Ju52 WAS the main transport plane by a HUGE margin. Thousands of Ju52 were produced during the war, whilst none of the planned replacements you listed had more than a couple of dozen ever manufactured.

That said, while I'm still not sure why it was neccessary to make replacements for all units already in the game, all your units are excellent bebro. I hope we'll get to see some original stuff (as in not already available as official icons) eventually, but either way, your work is a tremendous asset to the community. Great work indeed.
_____
rezaf

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 pm

rezaf wrote:
Chris10 wrote:The Ju-52 wasnt the main transport plane of the Wehrmacht and the Gigant was used for special purposes only..the real transport planes carrying a lot of equipment were the Ju-252 or Ju-352 and the Ju-90 (this squadron carried the heavy weight for the trapped 6th Army)...
I guess that depends on how you define "main transport plane". Defined as the transport plain that was used most frequently, the Ju52 WAS the main transport plane by a HUGE margin. Thousands of Ju52 were produced during the war, whilst none of the planned replacements you listed had more than a couple of dozen ever manufactured.
Well....yeah.."main" is the wrong word and the wrong context mabye but the JU90 wasnt a replacement..it was in service all over the war although in smaller numbers than obviously the JU-52 but one Ju90 carried more stuff than 10 JU-52 together ... :P
In Feb 1942 all available JU90 delivered supply to Demjansk, then back to mediterranean for supply then back to Stalingrad to supply 6th Army...they were also present in the occupation of Norway.
It was indeed an important transport plane despite small numbers...just as the Me-323 Gigant

PAWSlither
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by PAWSlither » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 pm

bebro,

Your units are awesome.

Any chance a link on 1st page could be put up for a zip with all files! I wanted the Ju-52 and finally found it near trhe last page.

Your work is great, if you edit 1st page with and put them there, would be a great help!

Using all your aircraft! Fantastic!

PAW

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Thx for the comments, guys.

PAWSlither, you're right, I usually edited new additions into the first post as well, but became a bit sloppy with this during the recent uploads. I'll certainly put all files into one zip and make it available as full air pack on the weekend, and clean up the OP then.
That said, while I'm still not sure why it was neccessary to make replacements for all units already in the game, all your units are excellent bebro. I hope we'll get to see some original stuff (as in not already available as official icons) eventually, but either way, your work is a tremendous asset to the community. Great work indeed.
If people just want to keep the original look that's fine for me either, I just wanted to have more variety in air models, incl. camo schemes etc. in my game (or additions for my mods, like some allied planes), and added some more I got as requests over time, so at some point I just thought I could as well do a complete air remake.

I certainly wouldn't aim to redo any unit in the game...but I will make other (new) units at some point surely, though not at the same rate...

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Bebro: Thanks for your permission! In my last unit pack, everyone will find a British Hurricane Mk.IIC with NW Europe camo, and a soviet Mk.I and Mk.IIC in tha same camo (with red stars, of course)
Again: Thanks for your absolutely awesome work!!!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:24 pm

No prob :)

'Lil Update:

I've put all air replacements into one dl, and edited the link (mediafire plus gamefront mirror) into the OP. The separate smaller sets will be removed or are already. I also cleaned up the OP a bit.

Have not found the time yet to provide the edited eqp file, so still needs a bit still...

guille1434

Post by guille1434 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Bebro: About my previous request of a desert camouflaged Fi-156, you can drop it if you want (except you really find it easy to do, in that case the results will be better than mine), because I managed to make such an icon. But, if you want me to use the "free slot" why don't you start thinking about an Arado Ar-240 (or a He-219)? :-) Only when you like and have time, of course...
I really like this Ar-240 unit as a dedicated long range air recon unit!

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Bernd...just looking on the BIG Unit of the german Gigant...

Its awesome but....dont you think there is something completely weird about it ? :lol:

EDIT: Just checked...the Icon looks a bit weirdo too...
Last edited by Chris10 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Chris10 wrote:Bernd...just looking on the BIG Unit of the german Gigant...

Its awesome but....dont you think there is something completely weird about it ? :lol:

EDIT: Just checked...the Icon looks a bit weirdo too...
That does look odd...one wing appears longer than the other :shock:

chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Wings OK, fuselage is not centered on wing.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 am

Maybe it's a Luftwaffe special weapon. :P

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:02 am

chief wrote:Wings OK, fuselage is not centered on wing.
VPaulus wrote:Maybe it's a Luftwaffe special weapon. :P
Dr. Richard Vogt would look at that, and say: "I see nothing wrong with that", with Ernst Udet giving a big thumbs up:

Sorry, couldn't resist, since this is such an unusual airplane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss_BV_141

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”