USMC Campaign v0.9, released 25 Mar 2012

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Re the earlier problem at scn end:

It is at least partly solved now. I do get the correct de-briefings now as well, that was clearly my mistake. However, I still get always the DV screen, even with MVs or even a loss.

Now I deactivated GME, and started a vanilla 39 campaign. I lost deliberately at Poland, but got the original DV screen as well (the German guy pointing an MG to some soldier leaving a bunker hands-up).

I have to say I never paid attention when I played the campaign if you get different screens according to victory type/or loss. If there's someone who played a lot recently and is sure those different screens at the end of a scn are used indeed depending on outcome could you drop me a note?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 pm

I've deliberately lost first scenario 39' DLC and got the same screenshot as you bebro, the one with the DV.
Strange. :shock:

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 pm

VPaulus wrote:I've deliberately lost first scenario 39' DLC and got the same screenshot as you bebro, the one with the DV.
Strange. :shock:
Thx, so there might be more to it. I'll test a bit further, and when I don't find anything I'll ask in the tech forum next week whether this could be a bug... After all there are those additional screens in the outcomes folder...

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Ask in the main page. Not in the Tech forum.
Tech forum is not related with game bugs, it's for system issues, like when PzC can't run or CTD.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:39 am

Part one is available, please see opening post of this thread :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Great!
Thanks. :)

RSM Redux will be extended to this mod.
Last edited by VPaulus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Thank you from liberating me from the editor ;).

Gonna download it and give it a go. Thanks for making the first part available :).
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Sleezly
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Sleezly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks bebro gonna give it a try today!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Ahh, there's one important remark I need to add:

In scns 2, 3 and 4 you'll see customized gfx instead of the normal gfx for air bases. These airstrips are also much bigger, occupying several hexes. In case you're wondering, full airbase functionality (refuel and repair) is given in those scns on the objective-type hex marked by a flag next to the airstrip. Refuel is possible on adjacent hexes as normal.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Just did the first mission and it was very nicely put together.
It is an easy mission and a sample of what this mod has to offer. It works for me, i want to play the rest of this campaign and drop anything else i'm doing :).
Only with luck i found out that those destroyers have a bigger range, perhaps changes to "vanilla" equipment could be mentioned somewhere.
I really like those new tiles but i will need a bit of time to get used to them. Also at first i didn't figure out which unit is core and which is not. Probably because of the excitement lol.
Anyway, i gonna be smarter in the next mission and check out the units before i do my moves.
I finished the first mission in 10/12 turns and 800 PP to take to the next mission. I didn't lose any units.

The second mission is more difficult than the first one. I played this one twice to get a DV.
12 turns is perhaps 1 turn too short. I also had two days of rain and one day of mud. I was glad to receive two planes to hammer japanese units on river hexes.
Those japanese mortars are nasty buggers and the Betty's were no threat at all. There were more japanese units to deal with than i anticipated. Luckily i could transport a few units from the west part of the map to the frontline, i was glad to have another artillery unit and the bridge engineer was a boon :).
The hardest part was to find the exact spot to resupply my fighter plane. Fortunately i found out it is the hex with the watchtower.
So the second mission i finished in 10/12 turns and 191PP to take to the next mission. Lost a unit.

So far,....so very good :).
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I don't know what others might think, but IMO, if we're going to play on the US side, the strength plates should be the ones which are used to play with the original. In terms of gameplay we're already too much used to identify those as our own units. Otherwise it will be a little confusing, at least in the beginning.
I at least will try to change for my own comfort.
Last edited by VPaulus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleezly
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Sleezly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Just finished the first 2 scenarios! Nice job on those units! The USMC planes look great and the mortar teams are a nice addition! Looking forward to more of this! Thanks! :)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone :)
I don't know what others might think, but IMO, if we're going to play on the US side, the strength plates should be the ones which are used to play with the original. In terms of gameplay we're already too much used to identify those as our own units. Otherwise it will be a little confusing, at least in the beginning.
Hadn't thought of this, you mean I should switch to those with green background for the US, and those with grey for Japan? Would be no problem though, could be easily done.

Only with luck i found out that those destroyers have a bigger range, perhaps changes to "vanilla" equipment could be mentioned somewhere.
Yep, better should have done this. I'll compile a list over the next days...let's hope I can remember everything ;)
Anyway, i gonna be smarter in the next mission and check out the units before i do my moves.
I finished the first mission in 10/12 turns and 800 PP to take to the next mission. I didn't lose any units.

The second mission is more difficult than the first one. I played this one twice to get a DV.
12 turns is perhaps 1 turn too short. I also had two days of rain and one day of mud. I was glad to receive two planes to hammer japanese units on river hexes.
Good. Yeah, rain and mud are a bit more common here than in summertime Europe. It's intended, and sometimes you can really have bad luck, but everything should still be doable.
Those japanese mortars are nasty buggers and the Betty's were no threat at all. There were more japanese units to deal with than i anticipated. Luckily i could transport a few units from the west part of the map to the frontline, i was glad to have another artillery unit and the bridge engineer was a boon Smile.
The hardest part was to find the exact spot to resupply my fighter plane. Fortunately i found out it is the hex with the watchtower.
So the second mission i finished in 10/12 turns and 191PP to take to the next mission. Lost a unit.
That will make life quite hard in the next scn. Overall I wasn't sure how much prestige players would need, so that just offered a modest amount for DV/MV. Hope it's not too little.

As for aircraft refuel etc, as posted above, it's always the hex that has the flag. In scn 4 this will be right next to the tower (meant to show the improvised control tower they had). Maybe I should work out something to make that more clear.

Thx again :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:07 pm

bebro wrote:
Hadn't thought of this, you mean I should switch to those with green background for the US, and those with grey for Japan? Would be no problem though, could be easily done.
:?
It's the other way. In your campaign, we're playing US with the green background, and Japan with the black. I'm suggesting the other way around black for US and green for Japan. Because we're used to play the foes with green and black the friendly. :)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Ahh, I see. I had not changed them at all so far, it seems the game just took those for the US displayed right now. I'll offer the the alternative with colors switches in the next days...I need a little break from modding before :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:28 pm

bebro wrote:.I need a little break from modding before :)
Sure. :D
Soon I finished adding the new sounds to your mod, I'll too make a small break. 8)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Uhm, seems it's too early for a break: looks like in scn 4 the victory conditions aren't shown between the turns. :shock: I'll provide an update asap (tomorrow)...

To anyone who doesn't want to wait, for a DV there you need to take all objectives with at least 4 turns left. MV is achieved by taking all objectives.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Are the Zero and the USMC M3 ATY working with sound?
And the LVT... You can give a LVT to a unit, but the unit can't go to sea with it, right?

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:50 am

So far am enjoying this one...

In scenario 2, as I finished I was shown an 'Axis Surrendered' (in very Germanic writing) and was not able to proceed further, this has happened twice now??

overall, I like it but can't get to scenario's 3 and4 like this??

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by MikeAP » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Looking through the files here, I see alot of original PZC data...terrain files, graphics, units etc..

I would recommend sorting through your mod and deleting the original PZC data in order to reduce the download size.

There's no need to include original PZC data in the mod.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”