The Elite Units Mod ----Patch 1.24 and LOV compatibility

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: The Elite Units Mod ----Patch 1.13 compatibility

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 am

I'm glad you got the GME loaded and figured out.

Check the purchase units screen and there should be Waffen SS Units available for purchase,if the mod is loaded correclty.

No need to apologize,btw.

This is a great community and we are all here to help each other out and enjoy one of the best games ever made
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Compatibility?

Post by veranschi13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey there, I just came across this website and your MOD. I love this mod because it brings a little more choice, accuracy and depth into the game. Anyways...

I used the GME in order to load it, and in the first place it seemed to work: menu images, insignians and so on were all installed.

But when it comes to the purchase of SS units in the game, a little bug bothers me. I started to play the DLC '45E in order to have (pretty much) all units available. All regular Herr units are there, but in the Panzer section only 3 SS-units occur: SS Panzer 38(t)A, SS Panzer II Flamm and SS Panzer IIIE.

So I checked the equipment.pzeqp and (from my point of view) it contains something odd. However, I do not know if this has something to do with the error that occurs during my game. So let me tell you:

IDs 185-205 have the name SE Panzer *** but the image of the SS-units. From the values they have, they should be the SS-unit. In addition, they are labeled "rott bonus" which somehow makes them an SE-unit again. If they were SE-units, I wonder why SE-units occur from 2090 onward again.
So, what I did is I labeled them "SS-units" and "rott" which should make them appear within the time limits of the equipment-file.
I started the game with GME again and suddenly they appeared in the game with the skins of the SS-units, but somehow they were still labeled SE-units which doesnt make sense at all.

So, now I am totally confused about what happened.

I think you wanted those Panzers (ID 185-205) to be SS-units because those units do not occur between 2000-2089 where the rest of the SS-units are. Right? Or am I mixing things up?

The same is with the infantry (ID 11; 12; 13; 40; 41; 42).

Dont get me wrong. I do not want to tell you how the file works, especially since I have been dealing with it for only 2 days now ;)

Maybe someone else can tell me if it works for him OR if he has the same trouble.

Thanks for your help.

PS: Some Panzers also occur twice (like Panzer IVD). Whats behind that?

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Let me do some checking.

Btw..what patch are you using 1.11 or 1.13?

EDIT

Ok...I see the problem.

In your file take the "bonus" trait away from inf units btwn 11 and 41 and the armor btwn 185 to 205 as wll the changes you made already

They will be avl for purchase.

Thank you very much for finding this bug...when Nico added the new units he forgot to change the old units.

*********************************TO ALL USERS OF THE Elite Units 1.13************************************

Forum member and mod user veranschi13 has found a bug.

I'm currenlty at work so I cannot really "dig in" and make a patch until tonight (1900 local....U.S. EST).

As soon a I get home I will remedy the mistake and have a patch made ASAP
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Using the latest, 1.13. Thanks for checking.
I just reviewed the original equipment-file and saw that IDs 185-205 are SE-units. Therefore and the compatibility between your patch and the game, (I think) those units should be the SE-units and have their values and icons.

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:36 pm

*********************************TO ALL USERS OF THE Elite Units 1.13************************************

Forum member and mod user veranschi13 has found a bug.

I'm currenlty at work so I cannot really "dig in" and make a patch until tonight (1900 local....U.S. EST).

As soon a I get home I will remedy the mistake and have a patch made ASAP

Found some unexpected time.

disregard

Extract the eqpuipment fiel and replace the "old" eqp. file in the Elite Units folder in both the GME and your main mod Elite Units mod folder
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Man0lo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Man0lo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 pm

airbornemongo101 wrote:I'm glad you got the GME loaded and figured out.

Check the purchase units screen and there should be Waffen SS Units available for purchase,if the mod is loaded correclty.

No need to apologize,btw.

This is a great community and we are all here to help each other out and enjoy one of the best games ever made

The mod works perfectly and its wonderful... Congratulations for your excellent work...I have no words to thank you!!!!
I agree... Pazner Corps is the 8th wonder of the world for me!!!! :D

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Great to hear.

Make sure you donwload the patch.

Thanks for taking an interest in the Elite Units

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Hey airbornemongo101,

just downloaded the patch and played the game. Unfortunately, it still doesnt work for me. Attached a sceenshot, so please take a look.

First of all: order of "extra"-tanks is wrong.
Secondly: only last 3 tanks (which are actually the first ones) are named SS, whereas the others are SE-units.

I think the problem is, that in the original Equipment-file, the SE-units are listed from #185-205. So by naming them just SS-units, the game might have a problem because their is some kind of miss-linking or mixturing. You know what I mean? Since SS Panzer 38(t)A, SS Panzer II Flamm, SS Panzer IIIE are named correctly and have the SS-values, the reason for this might be because there are listed with the other SS-units from #2000 on. So all, SS-units should be that far down in the list, dont u think? Whereas the SE-units should be more up because in the original equipment-file they are as well. Do you understand the way I am thinking?

The same happens with the anti-tank-units. Here they are all SS-units, but the order is wrong (I know this bitching on a high level, but you know...)

@Man0lo: please start scenario US-westcoast or something like that late in the war and check if the same error occurs in your game.
Attachments
tank-purchase.jpg
tank-purchase
tank-purchase.jpg (218.83 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
AntiTank-purchase.jpg
anti-tank-purchase
AntiTank-purchase.jpg (219.93 KiB) Viewed 2691 times

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Did you restart the current scn.?

For changes to take affect the scn has to be restarted.

I'll do some more checking when I get home tonight...at work right now

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:15 pm

OK...I already know what I did wrong.

The Editor has to run as Admin..and I didn't do it.

Here is the new patch file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lfbj5o0irx906g4

Same install directions

With regard to the order of the units on the purchase screen..there are limitations to the editor that I use. I would have to wipe the entire eqp file clean and start over from scratch to have every unit in "order"..which,I'm sorry to say...I ain't doin'.

You still have to start your current scn over for the new changes to take effect.

Sorry for all the inconvience.
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Now I'm shutting down till I get home tonight b4 I get fired......

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey there, dont worry, there is no hurry.

In the meanwhile, I think I solved the problem (at least for my case). I exchanged the #185-205 with #3017-3038. And it works perfectly. The same did I with #11-13 + 40-42 and 209x for the infantery. Also, works perfectly.
Now, all SS-units are purchasable and labeled as SS-units. The only thing now is, that some are still not more expensive than their regular units. You mentioned 10% additional price, right?

Will work on that tomorrow. It is late now. Will have to check the SE-units' price as well because I imagine their prices were occassionally increased.

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:36 am

That's cool :mrgreen:

Whatever works..works :wink:

I updated to 1.13 myself and all's running well..so problem solved...until the next issue :shock: :?

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:34 am

There was a purchase another issue that was found and fixed w/ numerous units.

Here is the patch:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lfbj5o0irx906g4

Extract the equipment file and replace the "old" eqp. file in the Elite Units folder in both the GME and your main mod Elite Units mod folder

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Airborne,

Thanks for updating your mod.

I've just installed the new patch and started a fresh game, but then I noticed that many SS units (examples: Infantry & Grenadiers) are the same price as the regular versions, despite having better stats :!:

Is this correct :?:
Richard

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:02 pm

No it's not....I'll have to fix it and check the prices for the other units.

Hopefully I'll have the time today,but if I don' the patch whill be out on Monday at the lastest

They and all other Waffen SS should be 10% more than Heer units.

I'll have to look into it as soon as I can and make another patch.

Sorry,,but look at it this way (insert cheesy sales commercial here)=It's a Waffen SS clearance sale....all units must go...they are the same price for a very limited time..so act now

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Ok...there has been a major foul up and oversight on my part after I went and dug in to the e-file some more.........

When Nico made the quick patch for me I got exicted and released w/o going thru it and adding/tweaking stuff.

This in no part whatsoever Nico's fault..it's mine for being lazy.

I used (when I was still learning) the vanilla SS (Oh..yeah there are no SS in vanilla PZC..only SE :wink: ) units for the original SS Panzer Corps,which was my learning process and the 1st intineration of this mod (see the SS Corps thread and numerous posts in this thread). Beings that it worked I never bothered to "change them"...under the old motto if it ain't broke don't fix it.

So when Nico put out the quick patch for me I should have gone the the e-file and changed stats and names b4 releasing everything..but I did not and it's been a total clusterf#ck since.

That is stopping now. I am going to go thru fix prices and change the stats tonight (even if it kills me )and re-release the re-release :shock: :roll: :oops: .

I ask for a little patience and forgiveness.

I am truly humbled that people not only liked this mod,but have continued to show interest in it and I f#cked up by not doing due-dilligence and going thru and doing everything right,,for that I'm sorry

So, the above being said I'm logging off and getting to work

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Ok....that actually went alot faster and easier than I thought it was going to

Here some new tweaks to go along w/ the past tweaks

The "Big Guns" (Gerat,Gustav..etc) have their ammo upped to 60 :D ,due to that fact that an entire train :? was deployed w/ these units for ammo/parts/manpower.
I forget exaclty which one,but one of them, was ran by an entire battalion of troops :roll: . The player can also purchase these big boys know (I wouldn't wanna spend 3 grand :shock: in PP's but for those that do..they can now :wink: ). These units have no SS or SE equivalant. Heer only :mrgreen:

I used the same ammo count as the vanilla BB's :wink: .

I decided to keep the Stug A+B's and the Brummbar's range at 1..even tho these babies were assault guns they still "stood off" to engage their targets so....They will stay in the AT class. This will be in effect for all 3 branches of the mod.

I changed the Krad Inf avl dates to 1939 thru 1943 for all 3 branches :P . M/C's were used exstensively by the Heer and Waffen SS in the west and the begining of Barborossa w/ great succes as recon and "fast" troops,but larger formations were starting to be "phased out" in favor of heavier recon units and better armored transports by 42/43.

I hope I found everything that was wrong (I'm sure I didn't :oops: ) and thank you for taking interest in the mod.

The fixed version of the mod and the new patch can be downloaded form the 1st post of this thread

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:35 am

Hi Airborne,

Thanks a lot for fixing this :D Though I did like your joke about the SS clearance sale :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Elite Units Mod is great, and provides even more options and depth to a brilliant game :D
Richard

chemkid
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chemkid » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:14 am

@airbornemongo101 - thank you for the update.
btw, is the mod compatible with RSM Redux? i'm using gme and it's asking me about efx.pzdat...
also, the historial flag and insignia mod seems to be included - but why only some files and not all?

cheers and keep rocking!
chem!

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”