What campaigns would you like to see as mod?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

What campaigns would you like to see as mod?

Post by bebro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:15 am

I am not planning anything specific right now beyond completing the USMC campaign, but I thought it would be nice to hear what other campaigns people would like to play.

Of course there's no guarantee the mod of your dream will ever arrive, but maybe someone takes an idea out of this and turns it into a mod.

Please, this goes only for mods, so not official addons, further DLCs, a PanzerCorps II etc.

I'll start:

I'd like to see a nice WWI mod, ideally with campaigns for several main countries. There was one included with PGF, but it seemed incomplete, unfortunately. I can imagine this would be a huge task....

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: What campaigns would you like to see as mod?

Post by nikivdd » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:11 pm

bebro wrote: I'd like to see a nice WWI mod, ideally with campaigns for several main countries. There was one included with PGF, but it seemed incomplete, unfortunately. I can imagine this would be a huge task....
We all remember Kaiser General, the WW1 mod for Panzer General. I liked it alot.
To create a campaign of such a magnitude, i doubt that this can be accomplished by one person only. IMO, such an endeavour requires several modders working together.

The mod i hope to see one day is a Japanese Mod... could even call it Rising Sun Mod :).
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Ranta
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ranta » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:20 pm

rather then a specific wish, I would like a steadily improving / expanding campaign. In my eyes, there is always something to do, with adding new units, tweaking maps and expandingthe mission amount. I would realy like such a think, featuring different path through the whole war, allowing decisions and different hsitorical outcomes :)

- at bets on german side :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:52 pm

I wanted Winter War, and my wish was granted.
Now I want Spanish Civil War. And with the dream of being able to be played by both factions, Republicanos and Nacionalistas.

A WWI mod would also be great.

Sleezly
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Sleezly » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

I guess there is no limit to what I would like to see,WWI,Fantasy corps,Space Corps,WW3 Corps,I am so hooked on this game that I appreciate and look forward to every mod that comes out! :oops:
When you are hooked you are hooked! :)

AugustinMalar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by AugustinMalar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Minor Powers of the Axis mod: Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Bulgaria.

A campaign for each country.

cedonxp
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Russia in depth

Post by cedonxp » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Trace the path of Army Groups North South and set as copletely different campaigns. Look and follow the historic paths of each. However, when and if you are able to surivive the turning points in 43 enable a fictional path the take routes likely if the wermacht began pushing again with success. Just thinking out load. Anyway if I had any talent I would try to develop these on my own......unfortunately i don't.

HBalck
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Location: Augsburg / Bavaria / Germany...but I am from Eastern Germany !

Post by HBalck » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:09 pm

I play only my own Campaigns and scenario projects - for all other I have no interest - thats all to low and unhistorical.

H.Balck

AgentX
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by AgentX » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:35 pm

I'd like to see some Allied campaigns. A Russian campaign like Panzer General III had or an American campaign like in Allied General. As much as I like playing as the Germans, I wouldn't mind some variety. Plus, when playing a Russian or American campaign, it can be more historical and accurate since they were the ones to win the war.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Your answer is not related with the topic, HBalck.
I sometimes think, that you're only trolling. But with you I've always to think twice at least. In the end I always end up giving you my usual HBalck's discount.

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 pm

HBalck wrote:I play only my own Campaigns and scenario projects - for all other I have no interest - thats all to low and unhistorical.

H.Balck
I still think he's a putz :x ,,2nd language barrier or not :roll: :twisted:
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

drjeff21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by drjeff21 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm

I of course want to see more with the USMC campaign, but I also very much like the idea of WWI campaigns.

MH77
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MH77 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am

nikivdd wrote: We all remember Kaiser General, the WW1 mod for Panzer General. I liked it alot.
To create a campaign of such a magnitude, i doubt that this can be accomplished by one person only. IMO, such an endeavour requires several modders working together.
There was also a great strategy game called "History Line 14-18" (i think it was released as "The great war 14-18" in UK and elsewhere), released in 1992.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/historyline-1914-1918

I'd really like to see a WW1-Mod for PC! :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:09 pm

MH77 wrote:There was also a great strategy game called "History Line 14-18" (i think it was released as "The great war 14-18" in UK and elsewhere), released in 1992.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/historyline-1914-1918

I'd really like to see a WW1-Mod for PC! :)
It was the first wargame that I really enjoyed to play in a computer. I bought it in the other day from GoG. Pure Nostalgia.

Uhu

Hungarian mod

Post by Uhu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 pm

When we have finished the Italian Campaign 2.0 mod, I hope I will still have power to create the Hungarian Campaign. The Royal Hungarian Army had many nice armored vehicles, including Panthers and Tigers. :)
AugustinMalar wrote:Minor Powers of the Axis mod: Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Bulgaria.

A campaign for each country.

steam123
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by steam123 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:10 pm

I think an incorporation of of the ss panzer corps mod ,the ability to change cammo patterns that reflect that ss div scheme,for exp. the 5th ss wiking was different than say the 1st SS LAH. Then make a campaign for that specific ss div . Heres a good name for a campaign( "TIGER ACE") the times of michael whittman 1st ss LAH it was a good book also :)

AugustinMalar

Post by AugustinMalar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:34 pm

@Uhu :D

Many new units and icons will be needed.
http://wio.ru/tank/hungary.htm

Will you make them ?

Uhu

Hungarian units

Post by Uhu » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

I know. :) Well, I'm not a graphics master, (more a campaign designer) I tried already to make something in Gimp. I hope if I'm not enough for that others will help on this.

- Aircraft: Zombihunter made earlier a lot of them, I saw some Hungarian in the collection too. I will take a look later (when I'm done with the Italian Campagin 2.0). The Bf109G could be re-skinned from the German one.

- Armor: there are several panzers of the German types, re-skin has to be done at all of them. The Toldi I, Toldi IIa, Turán I, Turán II, Zrínyi I, Zrínyi I (late version with skirts), Zrínyi II, Zrínyi II (late version with skirts), Tas and Tas tank destroyer has to be created too.

- Recon: the Csaba armored car needs to be created.

- Tracked AA/Tank destroyer: the Nimród has to be created.

AugustinMalar wrote:@Uhu :D

Many new units and icons will be needed.
http://wio.ru/tank/hungary.htm

Will you make them ?

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:26 am

Bebro, I think a New Guinea Campaign would truly be great. The possibilities of it are tremendous. The US, Australia, Japanese had a horrendous time there. Beside jungle there are mountains that are so narrow and steep you cannot stand on the side or top of them. In many situations they were impossible to pass over. You have rivers, Ocean coast lines, beaches, native villages, air battles. Much of New Guinea was completely without roads and unexplored by white men. The Japanese left their troops there and sailed off to fight another day. The Japanese left there eventually resorted to cannibalism. It was just a hell on earth for the troops. And it is a BIG island and strategic in the Pacific campaign.

Then you have SE Asia, Burma, India, etc. American, Australian, Ghurka, Indian, British, Japanese and some Chinese troops involved. Also strategically important. Then you have the Phillipines, Liberation of Hong Kong, Okinawa, the Russian invasion of Manchuria against the Japanese army there. There is a lot more war besides Europe and I am certainly a devoted fan of anything involving the Eastern Front.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

AugustinMalar

Hungarian Mod

Post by AugustinMalar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:44 am

@Uhu

I think it would be nice as a first scenario. :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak%E2% ... garian_War

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”