[Axis Campaign] SS-GTPG v1.14 (17-04-15)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: SS-GTPG Grand Campaign (v0.1 + demo available)

Post by airbornemongo101 »

To "paint over","remove",or "block out" the German cross on the icons w/o a color that matches/blends into the camo scheme.

IE:I'm using the Green_Brown_Camo scheme for the Hungarians. Whoever is going to do the "paint over" or "block out" the German cross would have to match the colors so that you would never know that there had been a German Cross on the unit.

*******disregard see below******

Thanks anyway Paulo :D
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

flakfernrohr wrote:
airbornemongo101 wrote:Ok I've got a request for the skinners of the community

Its not urgent and not necessary. It will just be eye candy and make the mod nicer.

I'm currently adding German equipment to the Romanian,Hungarian,Finnland and Slovak inventories in the equip file,so the German allies will have their ownn designs plus German designs to use.

The premise of GTPG and SS-GTPG is that the Axis is running rampant,thus Germany' military is getting stretched thin. Nico and I both thought that we should give Germany's Allies a larger role in the hypothetical war in the SS-GTPG campaign.

My personal premise is that Germman designs would be either built by Germany for it's allies or that Germany would allow construction (by selling patents) of it's designs readily. I know this happened in real life,I'm just expanding on the practice.

I've picked camp schemes out of F/R's (my new acronym for Flak and Rezaf :wink: )camo skins for each country so that the player will be able to tell the difference on the map w/o having to look at the unit data to tell which unit the contry belongs to.

My request is if somebody could "block out" the Balkenfeldzug on the F/R skins that I've picked and some of the vanilla aircraft. I don't need country symbols put on the units ,if you want to that's cool and I won't say no,the main thing is getting the Gewmrna cross off of the skins.

I tried for two days to do it. I used both PaintShop and I even downloaded Gimp.The reults were hideous.

I just don't have the artistic fliar/touch for that kind of stuff.

Like I said there is no rush. I'm still going to re-name the units for all 4 nations (which will take several days) and make the "new" units in the equp-file,so that the units will be added (and only God knows how long that will take between actually adding them in and then testing to find my screw ups). If somebody wants to do this project,when they are done, I would just have to copy/paste the units w/o the cross into the mod's units folder.

Like I said there would be no rush,the units will still be added into each nations inventory and the mod would still be released,just the minors units would still have the German insignia on them

If you are interested send me a pm and I'll send you the camo packs.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Mongo, I had sent "fantasy" armor files/lists which was comprised mostly of mid to late war better German equipment, with some Soviet equipment (captured of course) for the nations of Bulgaria, Slovakia, Finland, Hungary, Romania and the ROA (Vlasov's Russian Army of Liberation) to Rezaf and VPaulus. Each had their own camouflage patterns and National Emblems. The idea was to be able to identify the individual nations on the battlefield. I sent several patterns so the best can be selected for look and variation. So perhaps in the near future when these beneficent individuals, Rezaf and VPaulus, are able to catch a breath of air from all of us, we shall see these icons available. My intention was to use the units in my own Post Kursk Victory campaign which goes from................. well, Kursk to the Urals and back down to the Caucasus and Iran. VPaulus has sent me several samples of Finnish icons in the Finnish camouflage pattern I did based on the armor at the Museum in Parola Finland. They look very good. So I say, hang on a little bit and we will have some "fantasy" icons for six Axis allied Nations or groups (ROA).

Roger that Flak. I'll just add in the new units into the Equip-file and await the new skins.

Thanks for the heads up,and thanks for helping me to remember Bulgaria. I also forgot about the ROA.In the kinda pf campaign we are both working on they would have played a much larger role than they did in history.

Just do me a favor.....shoot your Kaminsky now and save us all headaches later. I'll do the same with mine (once I make a ROA)

My thanks to Rezaf and VPaulus in advance.

All I have to say is AWESOME....new SS insignia and the promise of new national colors/camo for Gemany's allies all in one day :D .

All I have to say about today is "IT JUST DON'T GIT' NO BETTER DEN' DIS'" . I put that into a Texas dialect so you could understand it Flak :P :P :wink:,,btw Flak I know where you can get some choice nude centerfold shots of Rosanne Barr, real cheap :shock: :lol: :lol:

TO ALL SKINNERS IGNORE MY REQUEST,PLEASE
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
bt2steam
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bt2steam »

This sounds AWSOME!! way cool to have diff cammo patterns for countries:)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

airbornemongo101 wrote:To "paint over","remove",or "block out" the German cross on the icons w/o a color that matches/blends into the camo scheme.

IE:I'm using the Green_Brown_Camo scheme for the Hungarians. Whoever is going to do the "paint over" or "block out" the German cross would have to match the colors so that you would never know that there had been a German Cross on the unit.

I don't only block as well add the insignias.

Here's a Finnish Tiger come from the forge. Using Dwight's camo for the Finnish.

I'll apply this camo to all Finnished armored units that Dwight asked me to do it. Some are Soviets and some are Germans.
bt2steam
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bt2steam »

swwweeeettt!
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

VPaulus wrote:
airbornemongo101 wrote:To "paint over","remove",or "block out" the German cross on the icons w/o a color that matches/blends into the camo scheme.

I don't only block as well add the insignias.

Here's a Finnish Tiger come from the forge. Using Dwight's camo for the Finnish.

I'll apply this camo to all Finnished armored units that Dwight asked me to do it. Some are Soviets and some are Germans.
The FIRST FINNISH TIGER I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really nice VPaulus. Very very nice indeed, your excellent skinning job shows very well and the armor is easily identified from the German camouflage patterns. For the rest of you guys, I did not include Tiger II icons in the "fantasy" groups for the simple reasons that the Tiger II tanks are not fast enough to keep up with the Panthers, Tiger I's, etc. in a "blitzkrieg" campaign. So the Tiger I will be the largest and most powerful Axis Allies tank in my groups. But if any of you want to use the camouflage patterns for the different nations I made, they will be in the Media Fire Files with the rest of the skins when the finished icons are done. So feel free to skin a Pershing or whatever.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
airbornemongo101

Beautifull Paulo

A master piece as always that is just awesome,it really really is

@Flak

Nice camo pattern

The Tiger was going to be the heaviest allied tank in mine also.

Production of the Tiger was stopped in mid '44 in favor of the Tiger II.

My theory is (in SS-GTPG) that when Germany stopped production of something they would transfer units and sell production patents to thier allies.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY »

I'd like to be able to skin like that, but I can't find any tutorials here. I downloaded Gimp last night, and spent some time tinkering with it, but I don't know what most of the features do, and I would much rather learn from someone else than trial and error. :evil: All I was able to do was put the German cross on an SU-152, one with the Russian star still visible behind it, and the other with a big gray circle around it. :mrgreen:

So far the only guides I can find are for shadows and for making units based on pictures. I want to skin existing units.

VPaulus? Flak?
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

4kEY wrote:I'd like to be able to skin like that, but I can't find any tutorials here. I downloaded Gimp last night, and spent some time tinkering with it, but I don't know what most of the features do, and I would much rather learn from someone else than trial and error. :evil: All I was able to do was put the German cross on an SU-152, one with the Russian star still visible behind it, and the other with a big gray circle around it. :mrgreen:

So far the only guides I can find are for shadows and for making units based on pictures. I want to skin existing units.

VPaulus? Flak?
Just be a bit more patient, You will be able to skin like a master soon with two six packs inside your gut and a naked woman on each side of you. No brainer coming courtesy of Rezaf. That's all I can say right now, but very soon. Is anybody paying attention? :shock:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

flakfernrohr wrote:
4kEY wrote:I'd like to be able to skin like that, but I can't find any tutorials here. I downloaded Gimp last night, and spent some time tinkering with it, but I don't know what most of the features do, and I would much rather learn from someone else than trial and error. :evil: All I was able to do was put the German cross on an SU-152, one with the Russian star still visible behind it, and the other with a big gray circle around it. :mrgreen:

VPaulus? Flak?
Just be a bit more patient, You will be able to skin like a master soon with two six packs inside your gut and a naked woman on each side of you. No brainer coming courtesy of Rezaf. That's all I can say right now, but very soon. Is anybody paying attention? :shock:
Definitely Flak. I am waiting impatiently to see the new skins. Image
About the women... Missy Peregrym or Kate Beckinsale would be very nice, thank you.
At least i can go off topic in my threads :mrgreen:
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

For the Iberian scenario here are the Portuguese forces:

Although it's better not to use the Hurricane. We only got the Hurricane and Spitfire in 43/44.
As you can see we would made a strong defense against the German steamroller. :mrgreen:
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

VPaulus wrote:For the Iberian scenario here are the Portuguese forces:

Although it's better not to use the Hurricane. We only got the Hurricane and Spitfire in 43/44.
As you can see we would made a strong defense against the German steamroller. :mrgreen:
Thanks Paulo, very nice units indeed :)
4kEY

Post by 4kEY »

flakfernrohr wrote:

Is a skinned woman a naked woman? :oops:
airbornemongo101

Ok here's annother update on the progress of the re-release of SS-GTPG here's some more stuff I added plus the stuff from earlier post in this thread.

I added in the Opel Maultier by Rezaf and Churchy for all german factions . This unit will be a alot cheaper tracked unit (of course un-armed) for the german forces and have a tracked movement of 8.

There is now matching camo'd big units for the Waffen SS,courtesy of Churchy.

The Stug A & B models are now direct fire Assualt guns and not arty pieces. They will not provide defensive fire. The SturmPz.1 is there for that purpose,as well as the towed guns.

I added in an FW-189 UHU as a bonus unit so that the Storch can be upgraded.

There are over 260 more units added for Bulgaria,Hungary,Finnland,Romania,Slovakia and Portugal. All have big portraits made for them. Alot of the Slovak icons and all of the Portugese units were made by VPaulus. Some of the Romanian units were made by Drago. All of them look awesome.

All of the new vehs have a unique camo pattern for each country so that the player can easily tell the nationalities apart. The skins made by those two wonders of skinning Flak and Rezaf. Right now all of the units have German BalkanFeldzug crosses on them.When Flak and Rezaf add some national icons to their wonderfull tool,Dwights Camo Shop, I will change them (they are working on it and it's tough work...keep up the great work guys...it's awesome). Right now think in thses terms. The Allies used big white stars on vehs and black and white stripes on wings of aircraft on all Allied units form 1944 to the end of the war to help in friend or foe id. Germany and her allies (in this mod until F/R figure out the national icon thing) are doing the same. Germany is requiring all allies to use the BalkanFeldzug on their armor vehs to prevent blue-on-blue casualties.

I also grouped the countires alphabetically and left open specific reserved spots for each country so that if anybody wants to use the equip file for their own mod they can,or palyers may just want to add in units that I left out. With this new equip fil it will be easy to do.

Anyway the work will be finished by Sunday or Monday at the latest and given to Nikivdd.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Good to see you back Mongo. I am looking forward to this very much. The game has become so much more than what it was when released. It was outstanding then and there are not words enough to describe it now. Just stupendous thanks you guys like you and many others. I feel sorry for the "everyday" PzC players who never venture into utilizing these mods. They miss out on a great deal.
airbornemongo101

Thanks Flak.

However w/o your and Rezaf's awesome work I would never had the skins nor the inspiration to make the "new" units,so thank you and Rezaf for your awesome work.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

We were/are happy to do it. Sooner or later I hope some new guys will do some modding for us all to enjoy. We need some time to enjoy the game a little by shooting something to bits on the battlefield.
bt2steam
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bt2steam »

This sounds sooo awsome the fact of paired units from churchy!! i use the cammo spray shop ive created some demonic LOL looking waffen ss units and not to mention se it blows me away being an ole panzer gen fan to see what its become today and hopefully will be for years to come with guys like you and dmp its in good hands !! :lol:
airbornemongo101

Thanks steam.

You'll love it even more when you play the updated campaign that Nikivdd's going add

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

I began to update the GTPG scenario's for SS-GTPG v1.0. I'll post a few screenshots later on.
The efile got a bit fatter than it was the case with v0.1.
There will be a "german law abiding" version on the DMP forum aswell.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”