[Axis Campaign] SS-GTPG v1.14 (17-04-15)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MartyWard
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: SS-GTPG Grand Campaign (v0.1 available)

Post by MartyWard » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm to Berlin in the beta5 version.
Can I install v0.1 and continue my campaign or do I need to start over?

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:57 pm

MartyWard wrote:I'm to Berlin in the beta5 version.
Can I install v0.1 and continue my campaign or do I need to start over?
Honestly, i haven't tried if it would work but i'm pretty certain it won't. I regarded the beta more as a tryout, a demo, a test if everything works with both merged mods.
But if you really want, i can try to build an updated beta5 version (without the new scenario, latest elite mod version and new units) for the 10 last scenario's of GTPG7.
Just let me know how you would like to proceed.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

MartyWard

Post by MartyWard » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm

^ No need to do that. I don't mind starting over.
It is an excellent mod and I will probably play it way more than once just to try out different strategies.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 pm

MartyWard wrote:^ No need to do that. I don't mind starting over.
It is an excellent mod and I will probably play it way more than once just to try out different strategies.
Thanks for the fast reply. 10-4 ;)

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Probably an important message that went awol a few days ago:

GTPG v0.1 as SS-GTPG v0.1 contain all the GTPG packs 1-7 scenarios (50 in total) but combined in one single tree (thus no more core import/export). Except for some (minor) changes here and there, there are no differences but contains the final version of the elite unit mod. The only exception is that SS-GTPG already has scenario 51 Madrid as a new opener for the campaign.

I'd also like to inform everybody that every new scenario i'm working on for GTPG v1.0 will end up in SS-GTPG v1.0. The new scenario's i'm working on and injecting them into the existing campaign tree will be revealed each time when i reach the playtesting phase of that scenario (in the GTPG GC thread).

MartyWard

Post by MartyWard » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I noticed a glitch in the upgrading of SS infantry units. If they have transport, when you upgrade from standard to the '43 version the transport is not included unless you click on it in the upgrade screen. You can end up with infantry units without transport.
It only seems to happen when upgrading SS units. Regular units keep their transport.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 pm

MartyWard wrote:I noticed a glitch in the upgrading of SS infantry units. If they have transport, when you upgrade from standard to the '43 version the transport is not included unless you click on it in the upgrade screen. You can end up with infantry units without transport.
It only seems to happen when upgrading SS units. Regular units keep their transport.
Thanks for letting us know. Could you keep a savegame just before upgrading? It might be very useful for Bob to checkout what might be the cause.

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm

MartyWard wrote:I noticed a glitch in the upgrading of SS infantry units. If they have transport, when you upgrade from standard to the '43 version the transport is not included unless you click on it in the upgrade screen. You can end up with infantry units without transport.
This is the same in the vanilla campaign and DLC'S also. I don't know why. I thought maybe it was just my copy

When upgrading you have to click on the transport to to maintain the transport. I don't know why. It does not cost anymore money,because you already bought the transport. Otherwise the unit upgrades w/o the tranpsport.

IE: When upgrading an SS INF that is equiped w/ a transport to SS INF '43 .

Upgrade the unit and then just make sure you click on the transposrt that is already ssigned (251/250/Opel). The amount will stay the same,you won't be charged.

Like I said I don't know why this happens.

Thanks for pointing it out Marty. I appreciate you taking the time to help.Maybe in future versions of SS-GTPG we can point this glitch out in the read-me

Thanks Nico for pointing out the post
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

nikivdd

Re: SS-GTPG Grand Campaign (v0.1 available/DL mirror added)

Post by nikivdd » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 pm

SS-GTPG demo: The invasion of the Iberian Peninsula (hypothetical scenario). So now you know how i filled this evening :D
It is a fully playable scenario that gives an opportunity to tryout SS, SE (they appear on turn 5) and Heer units. Also Slovak and Italian units are under your command.
This scenario will be incorportated in v1.0 later this year.
Strategic map
SS units+ Slovak units
Heer units+ Slovak units
Italian units
Portuguese units
Spanish+British units

Notice the Vichy French flag that has been introduced, next to the Portuguese. I will add a few Vichy French units but aren't available yet in this little demo.
Soon it will be downloadable - i just need to test it.

nikivdd

demo available

Post by nikivdd » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm

The SS-GTPG demo is available for playing. The scenario is the hypothetical invasion of the Iberian Peninsula in 1940.
It is a demo, you can play and try to win but the main purpose is to introduce players to the Elite mod units (SS/SE/Heer units) and the new Slovak units and the great sound mod of VPaulus.
It already contains new flags for Portugal and Vichy France (for v1.0).
You can try the units to your heart's content, buy new ones and even slovak auxiliaries.
Bob is working on our new equipment file that will contain more (axis minor) units but all will be revealed in proper time.
SS-GTPG v1.0 will no longer be a (exact) clone of GTPG with custom units but completely rescripted to take advantage of the new units and give the axis minors a bigger role (as in the new opener Madrid).

The download is about 311mb but it contains all that you need (including sound).
Just load the mod into GME, start the game, chose new game and click on custom campaign. SS-GTPG demo should be in the list.

A special thanks to VPaulus for helping me with the sounds.

People who have suggestions/questions of any kind, don't hesitate to post. Thanks.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21436411/VP.rar

I chose gamefront - it seems not to be acting up at this moment - because of their rather fast dl speed.

nikivdd

SS-GTPG update

Post by nikivdd » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dum5c3

An error is corrected in the German Torch scenario for those not following orders in deploying core airunits. Deploying paratroopers made it impossible to win due to the scripted map victory condition. The update corrects this.
The players who only deploy airunits, not paratroopers, do not require to do this update.

airbornemongo101

Re: SS-GTPG Grand Campaign (v0.1 + demo available)

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Ok ladies,if there are any, and gents I have an update on progress

A while back when he had done the new skins for the SS and SE inf. and towed units VPaulus was kind ennough to make some new icons for the 12.8 Flak/Pak, the 10.5 leFH, and the 21 mrs. He lengthened the barrels on the 12.8 and 10.5 and shortened the barrel of the 21mrs. His work, as always, was beautifull and made the units look more realistic.

VPaulus was also awesome enough to do the computations for the new graphics animations for new units also.

I did not add them att, because we (Nico and I) had wanted to get the 1st SS-GTPG out and quite frankly I did not have the time to add them in and test them to see how I screwed up and fix my mistakes b4 I released them. (trust me when I say that I make mistakes :evil: ,test :roll: , find my new screw-ups :x ,fix them 8) and repeat :? until everything is good...which takes awhile :cry: ...I screw up alot :oops: ).

Well that has been rectified. The new icons have been added into the equip file and tested. They will be making an appereance in the new SS-GTPG.

VPaulus also made SS & SE icons for the Me-109 series. I did not want to create SS air units,but the skins have replaced th vanilla grey 109 skins,so folks you will have camo'd 109's in the next release.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am proud to annouce that there will be bonus Luftwaffe aircraft (thanks to VPaulus). Yes, you heard me right boys and girls BONUS AIRCRAFT!!!!. That long ignored branch of the Wehrmacht...the Luftwaffe ...will now have 109's available as bonus units in the next release of SS-GTPG. VPaulus created them using Rezaf's and Flak's green camo as a base so they match the Heer SE units. The bonus 109's have been tested and look absolutely wonderfull. They look so good that they have become my favorite units.

I cannot thank you enough Paulo, for doing the work you did. Thanks my friend ,from the bottom of my heart,there is no one who does more for this community than you and it's appreciated immensely by me, imho this community would not be what it is w/o you.

That's it folks just wanted to let you guys , and again ..ladies if there are any in the community,know that I'm working on the equip file and that there is progress.

Now for the minors........ :mrgreen:
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Andrea69
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Andrea69 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello Airbornemongo101,

I used to mod PG2 (I created some campaigns and a large equipment file) and I would like to thank you and Nikivdd for your very good work.
It is definitely something which revamp the old 5-Star series fans (and particulary Gerold's campaigns).

Imho there is still a large room of improvement around the equipment file, for example I wonder why HA of Jagdtiger and 128mm Paks is actually weaker than 88mm Paks.

Anyway keep modding it, you are doing very well. :D

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks Andreas.Glad you're enjoying our work.

I don't know why the HA is what it is. The only thing I did was raise the intiative and ammo.

The 12.8 pak made myself. I used a formula based on the vanilla 88 pak 36.

Maybe I'll tweak it a little if there is more feedback.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Andrea69

Post by Andrea69 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 pm

It's a mistake of the vanilla efile, I suppose... no doubt that 128mm guns based' armor should have better HA stats than 88mm based. For example, Jagdtiger (128mm) has 21 HA while Jagdpanther and Elephant (88mm) has 24. Should be at least 26 for Jagdtiger. However, I repeat, this is only an example... another one is the US armor power, which is clearly overpowered (I suppose for balance reasons in late scenarios)

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 pm

(Who's)Friend or Foe?

The new efile is under construction, but when scenario design begins we'll let lose the dogs of war.

(custom units by VPaulus, Rezaf,Flak,Bebro and Kerloc)
Last edited by nikivdd on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:47 pm

OOOOOH,,,I'm getting goose pimples.... :D

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Ok I've got a request for the skinners of the community

Its not urgent and not necessary. It will just be eye candy and make the mod nicer.

I'm currently adding German equipment to the Romanian,Hungarian,Finnland and Slovak inventories in the equip file,so the German allies will have their ownn designs plus German designs to use.

The premise of GTPG and SS-GTPG is that the Axis is running rampant,thus Germany' military is getting stretched thin. Nico and I both thought that we should give Germany's Allies a larger role in the hypothetical war in the SS-GTPG campaign.

My personal premise is that Germman designs would be either built by Germany for it's allies or that Germany would allow construction (by selling patents) of it's designs readily. I know this happened in real life,I'm just expanding on the practice.

I've picked camp schemes out of F/R's (my new acronym for Flak and Rezaf :wink: )camo skins for each country so that the player will be able to tell the difference on the map w/o having to look at the unit data to tell which unit the contry belongs to.

My request is if somebody could "block out" the Balkenfeldzug on the F/R skins that I've picked and some of the vanilla aircraft. I don't need country symbols put on the units ,if you want to that's cool and I won't say no,the main thing is getting the Gewmrna cross off of the skins.

I tried for two days to do it. I used both PaintShop and I even downloaded Gimp.The reults were hideous.

I just don't have the artistic fliar/touch for that kind of stuff.

Like I said there is no rush. I'm still going to re-name the units for all 4 nations (which will take several days) and make the "new" units in the equp-file,so that the units will be added (and only God knows how long that will take between actually adding them in and then testing to find my screw ups). If somebody wants to do this project,when they are done, I would just have to copy/paste the units w/o the cross into the mod's units folder.

Like I said there would be no rush,the units will still be added into each nations inventory and the mod would still be released,just the minors units would still have the German insignia on them

If you are interested send me a pm and I'll send you the camo packs.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 pm

airbornemongo101 wrote:Ok I've got a request for the skinners of the community

Its not urgent and not necessary. It will just be eye candy and make the mod nicer.

I'm currently adding German equipment to the Romanian,Hungarian,Finnland and Slovak inventories in the equip file,so the German allies will have their ownn designs plus German designs to use.

The premise of GTPG and SS-GTPG is that the Axis is running rampant,thus Germany' military is getting stretched thin. Nico and I both thought that we should give Germany's Allies a larger role in the hypothetical war in the SS-GTPG campaign.

My personal premise is that Germman designs would be either built by Germany for it's allies or that Germany would allow construction (by selling patents) of it's designs readily. I know this happened in real life,I'm just expanding on the practice.

I've picked camp schemes out of F/R's (my new acronym for Flak and Rezaf :wink: )camo skins for each country so that the player will be able to tell the difference on the map w/o having to look at the unit data to tell which unit the contry belongs to.

My request is if somebody could "block out" the Balkenfeldzug on the F/R skins that I've picked and some of the vanilla aircraft. I don't need country symbols put on the units ,if you want to that's cool and I won't say no,the main thing is getting the Gewmrna cross off of the skins.

I tried for two days to do it. I used both PaintShop and I even downloaded Gimp.The reults were hideous.

I just don't have the artistic fliar/touch for that kind of stuff.

Like I said there is no rush. I'm still going to re-name the units for all 4 nations (which will take several days) and make the "new" units in the equp-file,so that the units will be added (and only God knows how long that will take between actually adding them in and then testing to find my screw ups). If somebody wants to do this project,when they are done, I would just have to copy/paste the units w/o the cross into the mod's units folder.

Like I said there would be no rush,the units will still be added into each nations inventory and the mod would still be released,just the minors units would still have the German insignia on them

If you are interested send me a pm and I'll send you the camo packs.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Mongo, I had sent "fantasy" armor files/lists which was comprised mostly of mid to late war better German equipment, with some Soviet equipment (captured of course) for the nations of Bulgaria, Slovakia, Finland, Hungary, Romania and the ROA (Vlasov's Russian Army of Liberation) to Rezaf and VPaulus. Each had their own camouflage patterns and National Emblems. The idea was to be able to identify the individual nations on the battlefield. I sent several patterns so the best can be selected for look and variation. So perhaps in the near future when these beneficent individuals, Rezaf and VPaulus, are able to catch a breath of air from all of us, we shall see these icons available. My intention was to use the units in my own Post Kursk Victory campaign which goes from................. well, Kursk to the Urals and back down to the Caucasus and Iran. VPaulus has sent me several samples of Finnish icons in the Finnish camouflage pattern I did based on the armor at the Museum in Parola Finland. They look very good. So I say, hang on a little bit and we will have some "fantasy" icons for six Axis allied Nations or groups (ROA).
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:49 pm

airbornemongo101 wrote: My request is if somebody could "block out" the Balkenfeldzug on the F/R skins that I've picked and some of the vanilla aircraft.
I'm not sure if I understand...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”