Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strategy"

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Post by Chris10 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 am

blindsey wrote:Chris
I just noticed that version 1.11 and GC '42-'43 West are available, so I just downloaded them. Will your Mod be compatible with v1.11 or should I hold off and leave it at 1.10?
Also, can someone tell me what the trait is for recon movement, is it "recon" or "reconmove"?
Regards,
BLindsey
I actually already changed to 1.11 exe and 1.11 editor and PanzerCorps East comes as standalone folder anyway :wink: . It installs like an independent game and does not interfere with your PanzerCorps vanilla game...you only need to copy your PanzerCorps exe and editor into the folder and go :D
Its reconmove

blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:47 am

That begs the question, I assume you want us to use a clean install when we beta test your mod?

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 am

blindsey wrote:That begs the question, I assume you want us to use a clean install when we beta test your mod?
hmmm...Iam not sure If I correctly understand what you are referring to :roll: ....it doesnt matter what you have done with your vanilla game...you only need the 1.11 exe and the 1.11 editor from the vanilla game and copypaste it into the PanzerCorps East folder...and since Panzercorps is a new game which installs as such there is no other install than a clean one...
does that makes any sense ? :)

oh..and..obviously I cant bother with bugfixing/technical errors if somebody modifys his copy of the game...I think thats a no-brainer :)

brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Looks really cool. Very impressed and good luck.

blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:06 am

Chris
Have you started placing the Russians yet? If you get this done by Christmas, it would be the best Christmas present ever! :)

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by RobertCL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 am

No specific icon for French Normandie Niemen hunting squadrons ?

On the one hand they had standard Soviet aircrafts with standard camo...
On the other hand you use specific icons for specific units on the German side, so why not on the Soviet side ?

What do you think about the idea Chris ?

4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:19 am

...'cuz Communists don't have the same privileges as we do, Robert :(

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:44 am

RobertCL wrote:No specific icon for French Normandie Niemen hunting squadrons ?

On the one hand they had standard Soviet aircrafts with standard camo...
On the other hand you use specific icons for specific units on the German side, so why not on the Soviet side ?

What do you think about the idea Chris ?
I have added generic Guards Armor with Guards Badges and better stats to the soviets but each unique unit is a unique entry in the equipment file and I have to draw a line somewhere otherwise there is no end...
The unique units on the german side serve the gameplay purpuse of "immersion" and the guards soviet tanks serve the purpose of "being scared" of them when they appear in a certain area and all of this was a hell lot of work ...adding more unique units to soviets would just increase the work involved and would not add to more immersion as you cant play the soviets anyway...

And ultimately ...why would I want to add special units to the soviets when the player just sends 2-3 of his unique air units with heros to shoot the unique russian unit down in a single turn ? ... :P
brettz123 wrote:Looks really cool. Very impressed and good luck.
thnx for your endorsement..
blindsey wrote:Chris
Have you started placing the Russians yet? If you get this done by Christmas, it would be the best Christmas present ever! :)
eyy...no scrambling here.. :P ...I will finish axis air forces later the day...I will then start making the soviet unit list for the starting army...
no clue when the game is done...what I do know though is that I hate half finished buggy games so I have no intention releasing something just for the sake of releasing...as well it doenst makes sense trying to make it quick as quick always means prone to errors

RobertCL

Post by RobertCL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Chris,
I have added generic Guards Armor with Guards Badges and better stats to the soviets but each unique unit is a unique entry in the equipment file and I have to draw a line somewhere otherwise there is no end...
The unique units on the german side serve the gameplay purpuse of "immersion" and the guards soviet tanks serve the purpose of "being scared" of them when they appear.
Yes I know you have great Soviet special units too. I understand your standpoint.

it does not makes sense trying to make it quick as quick always means prone to errors
Yes take your time! I replay the grand campaign with version 1.11 at the moment!

What would be the final German objectives to win the campaign ? Capturing Arkhangelsk and Astrakkhan (and all other Victory hexes including those kept in Europe like those in Yugoslavia) ?

Another idea much later on: you have your campaign and some standalone scenarios derived from it like the Finland war, army group center, army group north, army group south ?

Anyway keep up the good work!

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:18 pm

RobertCL wrote: What would be the final German objectives to win the campaign ? Capturing Arkhangelsk and Astrakkhan (and all other Victory hexes including those kept in Europe like those in Yugoslavia) ?
What were the objectives back then ? :D
oh..btw...Arkhangelsk isnt on the map as going further up than I did would have made the map a lot lot lot bigger ( up to a 100.000 hexes ) due to rectangular shape but 99,9% would have been dead terrain and Siberia isnt that interesting...
I initially aimed on doin the complete map including Murmansk and stuff but that would have become to big in the current scale (1 hex = 10 km)
RobertCL wrote: Another idea much later on: you have your campaign and some standalone scenarios derived from it like the Finland war, army group center, army group north, army group south ?
Anyway keep up the good work!
jajaja..thnx...well..I wasnt looking on taking over the whole franchise...this project is really exhausting and wihout a dedicated team...naaah...
and army group north,center,south was/is done by DMP, isnt it ?

DaoDe
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by DaoDe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Download: file-upload net download-465 ... 1.rar
Datei existiert nicht! :?:

huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Yep, file doesn't exist, "deleted by user or because of an abuse notification" :o

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:58 pm

DaoDe wrote:
Download: file-upload net download-465 ... 1.rar
Datei existiert nicht! :?:
huertgenwald wrote:Yep, file doesn't exist, "deleted by user or because of an abuse notification" :o
:shock:
Just checked the link and its working from here...
use the button with the red arrow..the others are the usual adware and spam thingis

4kEY

Post by 4kEY » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 am

I see New Vegas you have there :D

Mein X-Box was stolen before I could ever play it.

DaoDe

Post by DaoDe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 am

Just checked the link and its working from here...
use the button with the red arrow..the others are the usual adware and spam thingis
I have the picture.
Please lay another exchanger.
Attachments
screen.JPG
screen.JPG (60.56 KiB) Viewed 4474 times

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

DaoDe wrote: I have the picture.
Please lay another exchanger.
This is very strange...maybe the site is blocked in Russia...(internet censorship ?)
the filehoster shows the video has been downloaded 19 times and I rechecked the link and I
can download the file..
anyway...
here is another download link...

http://www.speedshare.org/download.php?id=123579311

let me know if this one works :)

DaoDe

Post by DaoDe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:30 am

speedshare org/download.php?id=123579311

let me know if this one works
it works!

DaoDe

Post by DaoDe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 am

tried through anonymizing still not swayed.

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Just a little update on this...
I've retaken work after a little break and have finished the list of starting soviet ground forces and will start placing them now...
As with axis units: real names, real unit numbers, nearly exact historical position...massive task
492 ground units so far of which 110 are tanks :P
...yup...russians had over 10.000 tanks on the western front in 1941 but if ya clear the skys of all these I-15, I-16 and all the other obsolete
hardware your Stukas should be able to wreck havoc on any russian tank formations...in the early stages there are only a few real obstacles around like some of the few early T-34 and some KV-1 and KV-2 :D

On a sidenote:
All towed artillery will get a general:
-2 GD to emphasize the high vulnerabily of artillery in firing position...better watch out for your artillery..it dies a lot faster now :P
All artillery will get a general
-25% (rounded to closest integer) SA and HA attack which powers down artillery and generally will cause a lot less casualties.
I hope this helps to make artillery mostly useful for suppression purposes (defense or attack) and not for wiping entire divisions from the map

I adjust these values later on the fly if the need arises

deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Chris10 wrote: On a sidenote:
All towed artillery will get a general:
-2 GD to emphasize the high vulnerabily of artillery in firing position...better watch out for your artillery..it dies a lot faster now :P
All artillery will get a general
-25% (rounded to closest integer) SA and HA attack which powers down artillery and generally will cause a lot less casualties.
I hope this helps to make artillery mostly useful for suppression purposes (defense or attack) and not for wiping entire divisions from the map

I adjust these values later on the fly if the need arises
Do you mean you will add heroes to these units to adjust their stats? I'd imagine it'd be much easier to just change the equipment file.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”