Page 28 of 30

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm
by Chris10
Nils60 wrote:Well, maybe he's referring to the yellow Star in the Special Fields Folder of the Szenario Editor. There were you define primary and secondary objectives and the placement hexagons for air and land forces. Every objective that's been given a yellow star will give an entry to the log in the units details like "unit xy hoisted victory banner over city z" of the capturing unit. By this you can see what objectives were captured by a certain unit.
Greetings,
Nils
brettz123 wrote: Our favorite songs? Not sure what you are talking about there but the victory banner is already part of the game :roll: Please look at the picture below to see exactly what I am talking about.
.........
oh,I see...thnx...heck,yeah..I will give this a try in my little scripting test scenario to see how this works and then we see... :wink:
I never paid attention to the units history stuff but I see that this can be especially immersive for PzC East :D

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm
by brettz123
Chris10 wrote:
Nils60 wrote:Well, maybe he's referring to the yellow Star in the Special Fields Folder of the Szenario Editor. There were you define primary and secondary objectives and the placement hexagons for air and land forces. Every objective that's been given a yellow star will give an entry to the log in the units details like "unit xy hoisted victory banner over city z" of the capturing unit. By this you can see what objectives were captured by a certain unit.

Greetings,
Nils
oh,I see...thnx...heck,yeah..I will give this a try in my little scripting test scenario to see how this works and then we see... :wink:
Cool it is one of those little things that adds something nice to the games.

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 pm
by Chris10
brettz123 wrote:
Chris10 wrote:
Nils60 wrote:Well, maybe he's referring to the yellow Star in the Special Fields Folder of the Szenario Editor. There were you define primary and secondary objectives and the placement hexagons for air and land forces. Every objective that's been given a yellow star will give an entry to the log in the units details like "unit xy hoisted victory banner over city z" of the capturing unit. By this you can see what objectives were captured by a certain unit.

Greetings,
Nils
oh,I see...thnx...heck,yeah..I will give this a try in my little scripting test scenario to see how this works and then we see... :wink:
Cool it is one of those little things that adds something nice to the games.
To be honest I never paid attention to the units history stuff therefore I first didnt understood what you meant but I see that this can be especially immersive for PzC East :D

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm
by Chris10
just another little pre-alpha military excercise...
Panzergruppe 2 of Army Group Center smashing into Minsk

Image

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:25 am
by brettz123
So I see all different kinds of unit strengths. How did you decide on the unit strength? Looks awesome by the way.

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 am
by Chris10
brettz123 wrote:So I see all different kinds of unit strengths. How did you decide on the unit strength? ....
...there will be some info on "Unit Scaling" in the library :)

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:11 pm
by brettz123
Chris10 wrote:
brettz123 wrote:So I see all different kinds of unit strengths. How did you decide on the unit strength? ....
...there will be some info on "Unit Scaling" in the library :)
Cool I should probably read the entire thread too so I don't ask questions you have already answered! :mrgreen:

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 am
by RobertCL
Using Massi Mod ?

When I see the icons of cities I guess you used excellent MASSI massive destructive mod 1.11 unless you use your own...

Your campaign ready for Xtmas ? If not take well your time to polish your work, there is no emergency.

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:03 pm
by Chris10
RobertCL wrote:Using Massi Mod ?

When I see the icons of cities I guess you used excellent MASSI massive destructive mod 1.11 unless you use your own...

Your campaign ready for Xtmas ? If not take well your time to polish your work, there is no emergency.
I used Massis tiles since the beginning :)
A playable alpha only spanning from June o Dec 1941 will be ready in a few weeks...
Once its done I may need 2-3 people to play this in order to see how far they manage to push thru until Dec 1941..

Knowing this will be most decisive for the entire further balancing as I need to evaluate the new movement system and the gamescale (days per turn)

btw I played a first turn with about 750 units on the map...AI turn was 15+ min but I expected this to happen as unit movement has been raised and the map is 72.000 hex..so there is lots and long chains of calculations to be processed.

This will be a real boardgame were our opponent will take its time..on real boardgames a turn could take hours and hours...

As well the game will be played with AI level II no matter the difficutly settings..this leds to further processing need and increaases the AI turn time but AI moves are more smart and sometimes a pain in the ass as it hits into our weak points...AI level II is less forgivable :wink:

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm
by brettz123
Sounds interesting.

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 pm
by 4kEY
"This will be a real boardgame were our opponent will take its time..on real boardgames a turn could take hours and hours..."

Sound like we really need a pause feature during AI turns now more than ever.

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 pm
by Chris10
4kEY wrote:"This will be a real boardgame were our opponent will take its time..on real boardgames a turn could take hours and hours..."

Sound like we really need a pause feature during AI turns now more than ever.
how can a game be paused and the AI still processing ? :D
This would be a contradiction in itself :wink:
Playing in windowed mode one can do other stuff but that would take away further processing power and may delay the AI turn even more
As well switching off "watch enemy turn" may accelerate things a bit but to be honest I found it quite entertaining watching the red army trying to launch local counteroffensives were they had lots of armor around

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:03 pm
by RobertCL
Hi Chris,

Silly question: does the PC "horsepower" (I mean the processor or the amount of available RAM) will have an impact on processing time of your mod ?

In other words on a top modern PC you scenario AI processing time is shorter.

I say this because I tested the 1941 scenario of Spartacus where each saved game was 5 MB and I had to wait around 1 min between turns even if I have a "modern" PC:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=38532

Do I have to expect a longer wait time ?
He uses around 250 units in game, I guess you will use more.

My config:
Alienware MX17 R3 laptop
RADEON 6870M 1GB RAM
6 GB RAM
Core i7
Win 7 64 bits home edition
Running Pz Corps on SSD and APPLE Cinema 27inches LED display (2560*1440)


On your own config how much time do you "wait" between turns for your MOD ?

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:21 pm
by Chris10
RobertCL wrote:Hi Chris,
Silly question: does the PC "horsepower" (I mean the processor or the amount of available RAM) will have an impact on processing time of your mod ?
In other words on a top modern PC you scenario AI processing time is shorter.
I say this because I tested the 1941 scenario of Spartacus where each saved game was 5 MB and I had to wait around 1 min between turns even if I have a "modern" PC:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=38532
Do I have to expect a longer wait time ?
He uses around 250 units in game, I guess you will use more.
My config:
Alienware MX17 R3 laptop
RADEON 6870M 1GB RAM
6 GB RAM
Core i7
Win 7 64 bits home edition
Running Pz Corps on SSD and APPLE Cinema 27inches LED display (2560*1440)
On your own config how much time do you "wait" between turns for your MOD ?
As I said I only played one turn...only to see AI processing...
I have a i5 quad with 2,67 Ghz...so an i7 will do better I suppose...
for AI processing RAM and HD velocity is irrelevant..only thing matters is the core clock

still..in any event...this will be more like a boardgame and I dont expect AI turns to be less than 10 minutes...not only cause of the unit amount but each calculation chain becomes considerably longer by raising the movement points of units since this means the movement radius increases a lot hence much more possible combinations have to be calculated.
Example: Movement 3 means 49 possible hexes while movement 5 already means possible 121 hexes
Without knowing the AI routines I suppose there is an evaluation routine for each possible hex the unit can reach...

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:02 pm
by 4kEY
Chris10 wrote:
4kEY wrote:"This will be a real boardgame were our opponent will take its time..on real boardgames a turn could take hours and hours..."

Sound like we really need a pause feature during AI turns now more than ever.
Playing in windowed mode one can do other stuff but that would take away further processing power and may delay the AI turn even more
I suppose I should have said "I" instead of "we". Being self-employed has it's disadvantages. :roll:

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm
by blindsey
Chris

If/When you need an alpha tester let me know. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU at 3.00 GHz with 4 GB of RAM, and Windows Vista Business SP2 32-bit OS. I am available between now and around mid-January. In late January I start traveling again for work.

I am currently bored and modding "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action" while waiting for the End of Year Holiday Steam sale. Happy Holidays to all! :D

Bob

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:50 pm
by Chris10
blindsey wrote:Chris

If/When you need an alpha tester let me know. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU at 3.00 GHz with 4 GB of RAM, and Windows Vista Business SP2 32-bit OS. I am available between now and around mid-January. In late January I start traveling again for work.

I am currently bored and modding "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action" while waiting for the End of Year Holiday Steam sale. Happy Holidays to all! :D

Bob
Thats great..a playtest ready alpha-version may be available until the end of the year :D

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:57 pm
by RobertCL
Same for me, I am a candidate for beta testing (sorry alpha testing) :D

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 am
by airbornemongo101
Has anybody heard from Chris lately?

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 am
by FOARP
Any update on this? Hopefully this mod is storming towards its objectives, and isn't cut off and surrounded in the ruins of Stalingrad . . .