DMP Add-On "Ostfront"

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: DMP Add-On "Ostfront"

Post by RobertCL »

Sad because players will need again to change the game to have a correct purchase menu!

Then I gave info about a lot of spelling mistakes in many scenarios but apparently they have not been taken into account either...

When you release a patch you take into account all detected issues/improvement possibilities, no ?

OK so I keep my version 4.11 integrating Mius Patch and Purchase menu patch.

I had no idea about a country assignment problem.

DMP website is strangely silent about a game patch content!

This being said I finished Group Armies Center, South and North.
I am playing Götterdämmerung campaign (Kursk scenario).

This is really by far the best mod I have ever seen for Pz Corps!
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

anduril

Can you look at the topic I started on the campaign where you have to retreat in the central campaign to two hexes 20.66 and 20.46 before you get a reinforcement unit, I am unable to make this work for the reinforcement.

thanks
Anduril
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Anduril »

demyansk,

what is the name of the scenario?
Can you send the save file? Then I can look for the problem.
Sorry for my bad scoolenglish
https://www.designmodproject.de/
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Anduril,

I found the answer, it was from the Central Campaign where you had to retreat to 2 hexes. You have to make sure all units are behind the hexes
Anduril

Post by Anduril »

demyansk wrote:
Hi Anduril,

I found the answer, it was from the Central Campaign where you had to retreat to 2 hexes. You have to make sure all units are behind the hexes
:)
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Not sure if this has been stated yet, but playing the southern campaign right now and on the Kursk scenario. The hex at 43,76 is an airfield but is not working as an airfield. The planes are not getting supplied from this hex. I think it needs to be the city hex since it's listed as Panino.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Same goes for hex 65,80 the airfield hex is not an airfield
Anduril

Post by Anduril »

Which scenario do you mean?
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

hi anduril, it was in the Southern campaign and the Kursk scenario. I deleted the mod already since I completed the other two campaigns. Both of the hexes above show an airfield icon on the map but when you place the cursor over it it shows the town name, therefore, no air supply which is definitely needed.
Halibutt
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Halibutt »

Well, every hex in-game has both name and attributes, which means that you can name your airfield Gary and it would still serve as an airfield, prestige and fuel included. What's more, you can even set a hex to airfield, then replace the graphic tile with open fields and set the name to "not again".

In other words, are you sure the planes couldn't land there or was it simply lack of name?
Originally posted by Juu:
The Soviets won the war. We happened to be nearby.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Hali,

I had the planes there and all the close hexes controlled by the Germans and the units were getting no supply. Normally, the airfield hex is called "airfield" and doesn't have a name associated on the same hex from playing this mod.
Halibutt

Post by Halibutt »

Yeah, I get that, just making sure this really was a serious issue, not a naming problem.
Originally posted by Juu:
The Soviets won the war. We happened to be nearby.
Anduril

Post by Anduril »

Hi demyansk
I can't find a city or other hex named Panino. The size of the scenario is 65x59 hex.
This are all names in the kursk scenario:
IDS_STRING28 Kursk
IDS_STRING29 Belgorod
IDS_STRING30 Charkow
IDS_STRING31 Kommando Süd
IDS_STRING32 Kommando Mitte
IDS_STRING33 Zentrale Versorgungsstelle
IDS_STRING34 Kommando Nord
IDS_STRING35 Rowenki
IDS_STRING36 Tim
IDS_STRING37 Korocha
IDS_STRING38 Vorposten

You can also look under "...data\kursk.pzloc" with a texteditor.
Can you send me a savegame from the scenario? Than i can self look for the problem.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Anduril,
I deleted the mod already, it's in the southern campaign of the mod and its the Kursk campaign which is after the Kharkov scenario which I wasn't able to play. It's there but I would have to install the game again. You did a nice job on this one.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi,

Just to report a bug,

In Götterdämmerung campaign, in scenario "Nikopol", if the player fails to get the major objectives in time then (he cannot have a major victory anymore) but he can still get a victory if he puts 9 auxiliary units to a specific area ("A" zone).

I was able to capture all secondary objectives (even if they do not count unless for prestige) and I retreated 10 units, then I got the "loss"message although I should have had the "victory" message.

This being said this is a nice campaign (I finished the three others, maybe this is one of the best mods about the Eastern front on the German side).

Greetings
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

You can use the victory cheat to help you through this proble:
CTRK+ALT+SHIFT+C than type "endscn ..." ... can be 0 (DV), 1 (MV), 2 (LOSS)
RobertCL wrote:Hi,

Just to report a bug,

In Götterdämmerung campaign, in scenario "Nikopol", if the player fails to get the major objectives in time then (he cannot have a major victory anymore) but he can still get a victory if he puts 9 auxiliary units to a specific area ("A" zone).

I was able to capture all secondary objectives (even if they do not count unless for prestige) and I retreated 10 units, then I got the "loss"message although I should have had the "victory" message.

This being said this is a nice campaign (I finished the three others, maybe this is one of the best mods about the Eastern front on the German side).

Greetings
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Doppelkopf scenario (Götterdämmerung campaign)

This is the story of a stolen victory.

I played a few hours to finish this scenario (30 turns) but right from the start I wanted a victory, not a major victory so I ignored the 2 optional victory hexes (those not in gold but in silver).

What did happen ? I got the loss message and the campaign stops for me although I captured all the VHs with golden flag!!!

I have the saved game if someone is interested. Could the campaign designer have a look ?

Thx for any help

BTW After the in game scenario message, I never found the Heavy Tank Battalion 653 unit that could be upgraded into a Jagdtiger.

Yes and thank you Uhu you have a solution: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+C + type "endscn ..." ... can be 0 (DV), 1 (MV), 2 (LOSS) --> endscn0 (for DV)
I think correcting the scenario is best (same kind of issue for Nikopol)

My comments on Ostfront in general

1. Excellent work to the team, especially the icons you used for the air force and tanks, I also liked the new arty system and the idea to reserve Panthers and Tigers as gift units (I mean non purchasable in order to avoid an army with a tank type being the same Tigers or Panthers...).
2. I regret I cannot put a transport on any arty unit I want to purchase.
3. Maps are large, maybe too large
4. Nr of turns is huge, is the scenario designed for people without "familly life" ?
5. Maybe I am getting old, I have lost a part of my vision due to wrong medication, nevertheless I think the standard Pz Corps seems more clear. I am more tired after playing your mod than the original game, this is not only due to scenario length and map size, this is due to the global look (too much info on screen ?)
6. Personnally I do not like the mini map always with white background (very bad for my eyes)
7. The most urgent thing to do is to see more easily the main VHs and the optional VHs on the mini map. On the main map we have the golden flags or the silver flags but on the mini map we have stars for all types of VHs.
8. Your texts (introduction and ending message for scenarios should be reviewed since there are many spelling or grammatical mistakes). This is not a major problem but I just saw many faults in the three scenarios I played today, the last one being Doppelkopf).
9. Maybe some scenarios should be playable as standalone like Berlin or Seelöwe Heights for instance.

I hope the mod will be updated because despite annoying scenario ending issues and spelling mistakes, this mod is very good.

Congrats. This is the best Eastern front mod I have seen together with "Soviet Storm" by Akkula using the huge Europe map (playing on Soviet side managing the whole war).
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Hi RobertCL,

please, send me 2 savegames, one before turn 30 and one at the end of turn 30. For Nikopol the same.

1. thanks
2. The "new" transport system with assignement transport - arty was not introduced as the mod was created. And some type of arty needs heavier transport vehicles.
3. thanks ;-)
4. Its a campaign for experienced players.
5. More detailed terrain, more detailled units, bigger maps, more turns, bigger challenge, more ingame messages...
6. Perhaps you should copy the original files from PC (folder Graphics\MiniMap) in this folder at Ostfront?
7. You cold change the file mm-victory in this folder. But its only one file for the VH, sorry.
8. Feel free to correct the messages (Do you know where?)
9. We never planned to make single scenarios.

Did you lost the Heavy Tank Batallion 653 before? Or do you never got it? Do you deployed this unit it in this scenario?
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Dear fsx,

Thx for your help but your colleague at DMP forum identified the issue for Doppelkopf: I did not see one VH on the map.
So Mea Culpa but again I still have difficulties to find VHs on your maps.
Thx for the tip: "folder Graphics\MiniMap".

Doppelkopf : http://www.designmodproject.de/kunena/2 ... rio-bugged

Regarding Nikopol I got the answer from the same forum:
Come at the end this Message: "You have lost the battle!"? It's not a bug, but bad choice of words.
Look:
IDS_CAM_OUTCOME0 Glorious victory General, Sir!
IDS_CAM_OUTCOME1 Victory General, Sir!
IDS_CAM_OUTCOME2 You have lost the battle!
IDS_CAM_OUTCOME3 You have lost the battle!
In the editor outcome 1+2 are minor victory.
Nikopol: http://www.designmodproject.de/kunena/2 ... l-scenario

I am not an experienced player but a casual player, I play at leutnant level, Pz Corps is not reserved to an elite, otherwise why would exist different difficulty settings for this game ?

Regarding spelling mistakes I gave comments all the time in this forum and had no reaction so I gave up noting all mistakes after the 1st campaign. Now this is my 4th campaign in your mod. Sry.

Yes I lost Heavy Tank Batallion 653 in the scenario before Doppelkopf, this is surely the explanation.
Sad the message appears even if we already lsot the unit...

I played the Budapest scenario, nicely made! I had to cheat and get one extra turn to win.

BTW I installed your Pazifik Korps mod v 4.0, this is excellent, it works in a smoother way than OOB Pacific I purchased and which needs a superior PC.

Thx again for your quick reaction.
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

Hello, I have a problem with the installation. I have downloaded the OSTfront mod from the DMP website, and tried to follow the installguide.

I do not have the required "PanzerCorps.TXT" and "Main.TXT" to overwrite, I have Steam PC version. I have only the "steam_appid.txt", but if I use it the PC starts with a CRC error.

Do you have idea how to fix this issue?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”