Blank scenario maps

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Wargamer74
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Blank scenario maps

Post by Wargamer74 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Would it be possible to get scenario maps (the same ones used in the scenario selection screen) but without the PC logo and rubber stamp? I'm working on a briefing screen add on to include with my Historical Art Mod and it would be a big help. Maybe one of the devs could upload the original map templates used in creating the scenarios.

To clarify I want to have a image in the briefing of the overall scenario.

huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Blank scenario maps

Post by huertgenwald » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Just for clarification: You're talking about the file "panzer_taskwindow_02_03.png" in the \UI folder, right :?:

Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 pm

huertgenwald wrote:Just for clarification: You're talking about the file "panzer_taskwindow_02_03.png" in the \UI folder, right :?:
It would be a image of the overall scenario that would show up in the panzer_taskwindow_02_03.png. I already have one made for the Fall Weiss scenario but for Norway its a little harder because of the logo getting in the way.

huertgenwald

Post by huertgenwald » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Why not google for a non-copyrighted map like:

http://images.wikia.com/althistory/imag ... rs.svg.png

Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:22 pm

This is an example, its still a work in progress. I thought about using real military maps but I would rather use the ones from the scenario selection screen since it matches the UI better. Besides real maps would be very difficult for the fictional scenarios like the invasion of the US.

Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:27 pm

huertgenwald wrote:Why not google for a non-copyrighted map like:

http://images.wikia.com/althistory/imag ... rs.svg.png

I found some like that but in my opinion it doesn't look right with the theme for PC. I guess I'm to much of a perfectionist. :P

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Scott900091 wrote:I found some like that but in my opinion it doesn't look right with the theme for PC. I guess I'm to much of a perfectionist. :P
I fully agree with you, Scott. I won't call just perfectionism, but the need to be graphically balanced.
That's why I like your work.

Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 pm

VPaulus wrote:
Scott900091 wrote:I found some like that but in my opinion it doesn't look right with the theme for PC. I guess I'm to much of a perfectionist. :P
I fully agree with you, Scott. I won't call just perfectionism, but the need to be graphically balanced.
That's why I like your work.
Thanks. I can't stand it when things are mixed with other stuff that doesn't go with the game. As far as I'm concerned if you add in a new graphic like my eagle for example it needs to be consistent with the rest of the game or whatever mod is being used.

That rubber stamp I added on the briefing is supposed to be a commander and chief of the Wehrmacht stamp but I might remove it, I don't want to take the whole nazi thing to far. :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Scott900091 wrote:That rubber stamp I added on the briefing is supposed to be a commander and chief of the Wehrmacht stamp but I might remove it, I don't want to take the whole nazi thing to far. :)
Yes I understand that. But I don't see nay harm. I would make it only less "perfect".

chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Von Paulus:refernce your reply to the rubber stamp (above)...Would this be a problem in Germany on the ban of the swastika ?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 pm

chief wrote:Von Paulus:refernce your reply to the rubber stamp (above)...Would this be a problem in Germany on the ban of the swastika ?
If the author published this mod in a German site, yes there could be a problem. But this is no different than other mods here.
My historical Insignia mod has also rubber stamps with swastikas. SS-GCTP has an SS symbol as a flag.
To my knowledge Germans have already downloaded all of these mods. They don't care about the ban.

chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 am

I have been enlightened,,,tanks

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”