Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Multipurpose (AA-AT) Unit Icons

Post by guille1434 »

Starting with soviet units...

T-90 SPAAG (Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun)... This was a very limited production anti-aircraft vehicle (according to wikipedia). It had two 12.7 mm machine guns mounted in the turret. So, I modified the original (AA) icon to show two barrels, and, of course, made the ground to ground variant...
Attachments
T-90_SPAAG_AT.png
T-90_SPAAG_AT.png (27.56 KiB) Viewed 9533 times
T-90_SPAAG.png
T-90_SPAAG.png (27.46 KiB) Viewed 9533 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

More soviet units... This is an easy one, the 76 mm M1938 Air Defense gun.
This gun was used in the first part of the German Invasion of the Soviet Union. It shared the same carriage as the 85 mm M1939, which was more powerful and replaced the M1938 in the production lines in a short time.
Both guns looked almost the same (easy icons!), the only ready visible difference was the smaller muzzle brake which was used in the 76 mm gun, and its slightly shorter barrel.

The stats of this unit should be a little lower than the 85 mm gun (effective ceiling 9250 m vs. 10500 m for the M1939, and the 76 mm shell was smaller than the 85 mm, of course). (This data, according to wikipedia).
Attachments
Soviet_76mm_M1938.png
Soviet_76mm_M1938.png (29.29 KiB) Viewed 9532 times
Soviet_76mm_M1938_AT.png
Soviet_76mm_M1938_AT.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 9532 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Flak Panzer 38(t) Gepard... in AT mode.
Attachments
Gepard_AT.png
Gepard_AT.png (30.84 KiB) Viewed 9530 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Flak Panzer 38(t) Gepard... in AT mode.
Attachments
Gepard_AT.png
Gepard_AT.png (30.84 KiB) Viewed 9529 times
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

guille1434 wrote:Nikivdd:

I would be honoured if you find my work useful! You (and all people here) can use all of them in the way you please!

After all, all we want here is to add to the fantastic experience that is playing this game!

Besides, I would be delighted to help in the GTPG mod in any way I can ... this is the game mod I am playing now (well, when I am not tinkering and expanding my equipment file). By the way... I LOVE the Westerplatte scenario! And I find all the work you put in this mod as a masterpiece.

Bearing in mind my limited computer graphics skills (I can modify icons, but no create ones :-( ), ask me if you are needing any specific unit, and I will give a try to it. I plan to work in German Units (the "normal" grey colored ones, and also the SE an SS units icons I have downloaded from the Heer and Elite Units Mod), and on the soviet ones, too, that some fellow modder asked for...

Please, keep the excelent work you are doing with your MOD!! (I always loved looong campaigns!)
Thanks for the compliments and approval. You'll see them in action in v2.0.
Perhaps you can make an AT version of the 10,5 cm lefH if you have the time.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Nikivdd: I think in the "vanilla" game the icon used for the german 10.5 cm Artillery is the same that the 7.5 cm FK 16... I did not like this, so I found a good and different 10.5 cm arty icon to use in my battles. I dont remember who is the creator of this icon in its arty and AT modes (I think it was Puma or HBalck, credits to them), I only reduced its size a bit (I dont like to see icons very large compared to terrain features).

So, here you go... the 10.5 artillery in the two modes...
Attachments
10.5_cm_leFH18_AT.png
10.5_cm_leFH18_AT.png (26.09 KiB) Viewed 9510 times
10.5_cm_leFH18.png
10.5_cm_leFH18.png (26.73 KiB) Viewed 9510 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

And also, I quicly made a version of the 7.5 cm FK 16 with crew, using the airborne arty icon previously posted, in artillery and AT mode.
Attachments
7.5cm_FK16_nA.png
7.5cm_FK16_nA.png (38.99 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
7.5cm_FK16_nA_AT.png
7.5cm_FK16_nA_AT.png (39.32 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
Last edited by guille1434 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

More german AA units in Ground combat mode...

And I think, those completes the standard german AA units set... Please tell me if I missed any other icon.

Then I will follow with the camouflaged SE and SS icons.
Cheers!
Attachments
Mobelwagen_AT.png
Mobelwagen_AT.png (37.52 KiB) Viewed 9501 times
Ostwind_AT.png
Ostwind_AT.png (36.98 KiB) Viewed 9501 times
Wirbelwind_AT.png
Wirbelwind_AT.png (35.26 KiB) Viewed 9501 times
chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief »

guille: Danke !, I believe I can now follow your instructions, thank you again. Looking forward to updating my files now. Never tried "Right Click", dum dum duh !, Sometimes I believe I forgot more than........now where was I ??????
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Awesome work,,keep it up
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks to all people who give me moral support!

Chief: Glad to be able to help you...
Airborne: Your words are most welcome, I like to help this game to be the BEST WARGAME EVER... Some of the features that are real in present, were dreamt of by me in my old times as a "Panzer General" addicted gamer...

By the way, I hope sometime in distant future, there were a "remake" of Star General... Maybe I was the only one in the galaxy, but I enjoyed this game also!!!
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Another new unit... this is a bit "special". As I dont like to use the same icon for the 8.8 cm Flak and the 12.8 cm Flak, I decided to attempt to make a new one. After some cut-copy-paste, I can present to all of you the 12.8 cm Flak 40 in AA and AT mode... Theres a lot to improve in them, but at least they are not exactly the same as the 8.8 cm flak...

Later, I will attempt to make the 12.8 Flakzwilling, which was tha same gun in a twin mount. They were used as fixed guns, most notably on top of the Flak towers in the cities of Berlin, Viena and Hamburg (If I am correct)...

By the way, as those guns were also used mounted on rail cars to give them some mobility... Would someone be so kind to provide a flatcar icon to mount one or two of this guns? :-)
Attachments
12.8_cm_FlaK_40_AT.png
12.8_cm_FlaK_40_AT.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
12.8_cm_FlaK_40.png
12.8_cm_FlaK_40.png (21.05 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

guille1434 wrote: Later, I will attempt to make the 12.8 Flakzwilling, which was tha same gun in a twin mount. They were used as fixed guns, most notably on top of the Flak towers in the cities of Berlin, Viena and Hamburg (If I am correct)...
Dunno if they ar even noteworthy...only 33 build. :wink:

The SP Flakpanzer in ground attack are nice..especially the Flakvierling of the Wirbelwind kicked ass againt soft targets..not so much against armor as by the late war these calibres were close to totally inefficient against tanks.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

guille1434 wrote:Nikivdd: I think in the "vanilla" game the icon used for the german 10.5 cm Artillery is the same that the 7.5 cm FK 16... I did not like this, so I found a good and different 10.5 cm arty icon to use in my battles. I dont remember who is the creator of this icon in its arty and AT modes (I think it was Puma or HBalck, credits to them), I only reduced its size a bit (I dont like to see icons very large compared to terrain features).

So, here you go... the 10.5 artillery in the two modes...
These are PUMA'S. A talented but sensitive about proprietory rights modder. Advise against reskinning them unless you keep them to yourself. He goes ballistic over that. :shock:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

I must agree with Flak. Unfortunately i cannot use this one, otherwise i face the risk to lose permission for all the other Puma units. But thank you for the effort :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Ok, did not want to make anyone angry... will try to make something resembling a 10.5 gun by myself to give freely to all people here...

About the 12.8 Flakzwilling... Indeed they were made in very low numbers, but they are a fetish thing to me, I like them... :-)
Figure that I used to mod a picture of them in my Space Empires IV games... Space Flak!! :-)
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

What about the big units for the flakpanzers ? :)
not only cherrypicking here...ehhhh :D
4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY »

guille1434, I very much like your work. This style is what I've waited for and had given up on anyone doing.

Will you make a Paner IIIM with the side skirts and turret plates? Basically put the long barrel from the IIIM onto the Panzer IIIN icon.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Chris10: I lack skills to work with the 3d models... Sorry!

4kEY: Sounds pretty strraightforward, will give your idea a try!!
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Hello guille1434, I saw your compliment (thanks!)and suggestions in the Panzer Corps East thread, but since that thread is for that mod exclusively I didn't want to spam it up, so I will post here. I don't know what your skills are, but your icons generally look fine to me, and the biggest difference with mine is that they are actually finished! I'm trying to make mine as stock-looking and at the same time realistic as my patience allows them, which takes forever, and will probably cause me to never finish them.

BTW, a couple of questions: you mentioned wanting to have a rail flatcar for putting a huge Flak gun on. How big does it need to be? Maybe as big as the current armoured train model? I might be able to use that and some other icons to hack together something usuable. What colour, regular grey? I got a busy week ahead but might have a little time.

About your 37mm zwilling FlaK, weren't those very rare? It does look interesting, but I'm not sure it would be an interesting unit to add, but if I can hack together one easily (with my existing 37mm and some extra parts) I might do it. But it will take me a long time because of the way I work. I am not very good at this sort of modelling, but I will explain my method, it might give you some ideas.

I like detail, for example I found out where the 37mm Flak barrel rotates around (very near the rear) and what parts move with it. I then slowly separated all those pixels in a new layer, which I then rotated around the correct relative point, and then I cleaned up both assemblies pixel-by-pixel. This I do twice, one time for each side. It's a lot of work but then you end up with a separate gun assembly at the correct angle and an 'empty' undercarriage, and by dividing those in layers I can overlay the parts correctly on top of each other. It's not perfect but can be done pretty well if I have good pictures of the gun which tell me what parts are what pixels. Tedious, but those are the sort of things I look for. For example, on my 20mm Flak 38 I had the sight tilt down with the barrel, because to me it looked 'funny' with the sight still pointed upwards.
Attachments
West_Allied_2_cm_FlaK_38_AT.png
West_Allied_2_cm_FlaK_38_AT.png (17.29 KiB) Viewed 9432 times
2_cm_FlaK_38_AT.png
2_cm_FlaK_38_AT.png (17.91 KiB) Viewed 9432 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”