Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

Post by guille1434 »

Hello to all!

I uploaded all icons made in a package for making it easier to download. In some cases, bigunit portrait is simply a copy of the icon image.

UPDATE of Guille1434 Icon Collection (2020-12-14):

Here is the link for Sendspace (94 Mb download): https://www.sendspace.com/file/osh48j

PzCorps Guille's Eqp mod v1.0:

As a further reference, here is the link to the "Grand Armory" thread, which was a very complete unit catalogue compiled by Rezaf:

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=46156

Update soon...

Feedback is much appreciated.
Enjoy!
Last edited by guille1434 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 24 times in total.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Multipurpose (AA-AT) Unit Icons

Post by VPaulus »

Yes, you're right. I think I haven't seen a version in AT mode.
Yours are the first.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Ok! Anyone please download and put to use! They are free to take!

I have some more... including a Sdkfz 6-2 borrowed from the Pg Classic mod... is it all right if I upload it (giving credit, of course).
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Sdkfz 10-4 in ground combat mode...
Sdkfz 10-4 in grouns combat mode
Sdkfz 10-4 in grouns combat mode
SdKfz _10-4_AT.png (27.79 KiB) Viewed 56281 times
Carius
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Carius »

Good Job but your barrels are too high on the 37mm and 10-4
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

I'm waiting for the Russian units
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

To Carius: Looking at them, I think you are right... I made a correction and replaced the files. The new versions are in the first post. I think they look better.

To Razz1: I will put Soviet units in my list, after the german ones!

And now a question: I tried to test the icons in game... I modded the eqp and efx files with the changes in names, etc... (including the all important "multipurpose" numeric field in the eqp file) and I couldn't make the units switchable in v1.10 of the game! (no problems in v1.05b). The 8.8 cm flak can switch without a problem (this one come as a switchable unit in the original file). Am I missing something? Can I attach the eqp file as I modified it, in case someone can have a look at it?
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

guille1434 wrote:
And now a question: I tried to test the icons in game... I modded the eqp and efx files with the changes in names, etc... (including the all important "multipurpose" numeric field in the eqp file) and I couldn't make the units switchable in v1.10 of the game! (no problems in v1.05b). The 8.8 cm flak can switch without a problem (this one come as a switchable unit in the original file). Am I missing something? Can I attach the eqp file as I modified it, in case someone can have a look at it?
Wow, thanks, I had just started to try to make some of my own! About your eqp file, did you put the 'primary' setting for the default mode (AA-version I guess) in the Traits column? What happens if you try to switch it in 1.10? I can have a look if you want, but I don't know if I can solve it for you.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Yes, I used the "primary" trait in the AA unit, and the "nopurchase" trait in the secondary unit (the AT one) but I can't make it happen. I am using v1.10 now, and I wasn't having problems when was using v1.05b. I will check the file again more carefully, I am doing SOMETHING wrong.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

I found the problem!
I was adding the new row with the unit data in the eqp file, but I was leaving one blank row before it... The empty rows must be preceded by a # symbol, or must be numbered and named as "reserved" in the cell used for the unit name (second from left). It seems that the program stop reading the file when found one blank row (I'm using excel).
I hope this bit of data save time to other people here...
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Here's the 37mm statistics

1582 3.7 cm FlaK 37 5 137 17 0 1 1 2 7 3 3 -10 -1 3 10 0 0 0 3.7_cm_FlaK_37_AT.png 27.5.1939 1.1.1946 4 nopurchase FlaK 98 land sea rail glider
guille1434

Multipurpose (AA-AT) Unit Icons

Post by guille1434 »

Here is the 2 cm Flakvierling in ground combat mode:

And its stats would be (a bit tweaked by me, look at range = 1 and Air Attack = -14)

3002 2 cm Flakvierling 38 (AT) 3 144 20 0 1 1 0 5 6 2 -14 1 2 10 0 0 0 Flakvierling_AT.png 7.3.1940 1.1.1946 4 12 fixedt nopurchase FlaK 96 land sea rail air glider
Attachments
2 cm Flakvierling 38 in ground combat mode
2 cm Flakvierling 38 in ground combat mode
Flakvierling_AT.png (23.98 KiB) Viewed 56183 times
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Great!
I was just about to ask for this. The Germans used the lower calibre AA guns to great extent against the British at Arnhem.

Thank you
Erik
guille1434

Multipurpose (AA-AT & Arty-AT) Unit Icons

Post by guille1434 »

Hello again...
Here are more icons transformed, ready for their use in the ground combat mode (or direct fire assault gun, in case of the artillery units). Just use them whereever you want to...

They are all from the vanilla game, except for the Sdkfz 6-2, which I took from the Panzer General Classic Mod v0.15, downloaded from this forum.
Attachments
SdKfz_6-2.png
SdKfz_6-2.png (23.69 KiB) Viewed 56052 times
SdKfz_6-2_AT.png
SdKfz_6-2_AT.png (23.24 KiB) Viewed 56052 times
SdKfz_7-2_AT.png
SdKfz_7-2_AT.png (35.98 KiB) Viewed 56097 times
Last edited by guille1434 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Some more...
Attachments
Sturmpanzer_II_AT.png
Sturmpanzer_II_AT.png (25.23 KiB) Viewed 56097 times
Sturmpanzer_I_AT.png
Sturmpanzer_I_AT.png (26.27 KiB) Viewed 56097 times
SdKfz_7-1_AT.png
SdKfz_7-1_AT.png (37.54 KiB) Viewed 56097 times
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Very impressive. I'm sure they all have their good uses in battle.
I hereby ask permission to use some of them for GTPG v2.0 and if i am allowed to give them a different camouflage. Thanks for considering.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
guille1434

Multipurpose (AA-AT) Unit Icons

Post by guille1434 »

Nikivdd:

I would be honoured if you find my work useful! You (and all people here) can use all of them in the way you please!

After all, all we want here is to add to the fantastic experience that is playing this game!

Besides, I would be delighted to help in the GTPG mod in any way I can ... this is the game mod I am playing now (well, when I am not tinkering and expanding my equipment file). By the way... I LOVE the Westerplatte scenario! And I find all the work you put in this mod as a masterpiece.

Bearing in mind my limited computer graphics skills (I can modify icons, but no create ones :-( ), ask me if you are needing any specific unit, and I will give a try to it. I plan to work in German Units (the "normal" grey colored ones, and also the SE an SS units icons I have downloaded from the Heer and Elite Units Mod), and on the soviet ones, too, that some fellow modder asked for...

Please, keep the excelent work you are doing with your MOD!! (I always loved looong campaigns!)
chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief »

guille: I'm not very comp savvy so I'll ask. How do you use/install your nice icons in the game ? Where do I unload them from, for use. TIA
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Chief:
Well... you can download the icons directly from this thread (using the mouse right button... "save image as...", just the same as you would save any image from any web page.

About including the icons in the game, this is a little more complex...

First, you must put the icons in the "Graphics /Units" folder of your game directory (you will see the directory Units inside the directory Graphics).
Then you have to edit the equipment file (in the "data" directory, and then, you have to edit the efx file, which is also inside the "graphics" folder...

It sounds VERY complex, but it is not so, but it is a lot easier if you are familiar with basic computer file operations (copy, navigating through directories, etc...)
There is an excelent thread whichs explains the proccess far better than this, you have to look in this forum, in the "pinned" threads (the first you always see in the main thread directory).

These units (mostly) should be used to make the Air Defense units switchable into ground combat units... so you have to link the two of them, the Anti Aircraft variant with the ground combat variant using the "multipurpose" column that the equipment file has.
An example: If the Sdkfz_7-1 (anti aircraft) unit is the number 210 in the eqp file, and the Sdkfz_7-1_AT is number 2510, in the "multipurpose" column you have to put the number 2510 in the Sdkfz_7-1 (the number of Sdkz_7-1_AT) AND in the Sdkfz_7-1_AT the number 210. Each of the two units are "linked" by this "multipurpose" value.

I hope this helps... but do a little reading in this forum of the indicated thread, but as first step, download all the icons you like!

Cheers!
guille1434

Multipurpose (AA-AT & Arty-AT) Unit Icons

Post by guille1434 »

Well, another "modded" icon...

Those guys are the "fallschirmjager artillerymen"... The origin of this unit was before the v1.10 patch, when it was not possible to air transport a unit which was not in the infantry class... And I wanted to have artillery support for my brave parachute troops. So, I "made" this icon into a "switchable" artillery-infantry unit in order to make it air transportable and land in an airfield taken by the paratroops. Now this is old history, because with patch v1.10 any unit can be made air transportable. Anyway, I like to have my group of parachute/airborne troops readily visible in the map, so this icon may be it mostly "eye candy"... In my equipment file I give this airborne artillerymen one point more of ground defense comparing to common artillery, to make them a little more survivable when landed behind enemy lines.

By the way, the unit now is "switchable" between artillery and anti-tank (direct fire) modes...

So, I introduce the "Fallschirmjager Artillery"! Enjoy! :-)
Attachments
7.5cm_FK16_nA(Fj)_AT.png
7.5cm_FK16_nA(Fj)_AT.png (39.52 KiB) Viewed 55847 times
7.5cm_FK16_nA(Fj).png
7.5cm_FK16_nA(Fj).png (39.25 KiB) Viewed 55847 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”