I have been reading all the comments with great interest and i have to admit that El Alamein 2 is a damn hard scenario to win...although it has by far no city hexes as Stalingrad
Changes cannot be implemented if nobody posts feedback but in analogy to the posts of the Dunkirk scenario, i have gladly tweaked the El Alamein 2 scenario. You can find it in the attachment, and it will be part of the future v0.3 update
1) Victory requirements have been reduced to "capture all primary objectives". Two Allied held victory hexes (the defensive line west of El Alamein) have been removed.
2) A few Axis units (mainly Italian) were exchanged and a few new ones were added (German captured tanks, Italian level bombers, mines...)
3) Allied start prestige reduced by 60%
4) Axis prestige per turn raised by 50% (to 75PP per turn)
5) Allied reinforcements: planes reduced by 50%, no more ground units
6) Prestige dump at turn 10 raised from 500PP to 1500PP
It will still be a hell of a fight, but reaching a DV should be within your grasp.
Before going on the offensive, it is important to deal blows to the Allied attackers; most of the Axis preplaced units are intrenched.
Always, attempt first to pick off the units that can "surrender" instead of "retreat". It will yield some prestige and you have one enemy unit less to worry about.
The only battlegroup that can meet the enemy actively, is the area where the main bulk of your units can be placed. Initially, they should engage the enemy units going to Deir el Munassib (30,51) and the Italian Camp (30,64). When that particular area is secured, you forces should swing north attacking the Alam el Halfa and Ruweisat ridges.
Extract in mygames\panzer corps\mods\legacy of versailes\data folder and overwrite.
(you might want to backup the older El Alamein 2 files just incase