[Axis Campaign] Legacy of Versailles-vanilla v0.3 (11/08/14)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: [Axis Campaign] Legacy of Versailles-vanilla v0.3 (11/08

Post by timek28 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:34 pm

@brdrumz

Sure I have no problem with that ;)

hs1611
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by hs1611 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 pm

I have finally started playing this MOD and an currently on Fall Rot.

Something odd just happened.

On the previous scenario, Dunkirk, I accidentally flew an AUX Bomber to an EXIT HEX.
When starting the next scenario, Fall Rot, that same Strat Bomber was available for deployment.
It was still an AUX unit, but I believe it shouldn't be there.

It might not be a bug, but a game limitation.
If I recall correctly in one of the Afrika Korps scenarios the goal was to save a number of Italian units, by removing them from the game, and they would be available on the next scenario.
So it might be WAD. And if it is it will happen with any MOD, in any scenario with EXIT HEXES.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:08 pm

An exit hex was proposed during development. The purpose is to offer the player the possibility to vacate too damaged core units or simply exchange a core unit for another. The only downside is, if this is not intended, is that vacated auxiliary units will show up in the deployment pool of the following scenario. Scenarios were not intended for auxiliary units to be transfered via the exit hex to the next scenario, but that is at the player's discretion.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

hs1611

Post by hs1611 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Yes, I thought it was something like that.

Not a problem, I simply deployed and then disbanded the unit in the first turn. That way I received no prestige.
I could have disbanded during deployment and used a cheat to return the prestige, but it's simpler the other way.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:55 am

I have tried TWICE in the past several hours to register on www.streitmacht.com and have not gotten a confirmation email even though my email is valid, it is the same one I use on this forum. I would like to enjoy that forum and the wonderful talents of the people who make it so great, but I am not having any success in registering.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:42 am

flakfernrohr wrote:I have tried TWICE in the past several hours to register on http://www.streitmacht.com and have not gotten a confirmation email even though my email is valid, it is the same one I use on this forum. I would like to enjoy that forum and the wonderful talents of the people who make it so great, but I am not having any success in registering.
Page 1, Post 1, there is a direct download link from sendspace.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks so much Nico. I would still like to be able to register for the site. Any suggestions?
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 am

flakfernrohr wrote:Thanks so much Nico. I would still like to be able to register for the site. Any suggestions?
Under what nick have you registered? Then i can forward it to one of the administrators.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:55 am

I have used the nickname flakfernrohr with correct email of flakfan@yahoo.com, same as I use here.

Also may I ask is there a way to see the graphics folder and other file information in LOV?

Thank you again Nico.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:21 am

flakfernrohr wrote:I have used the nickname flakfernrohr with correct email of flakfan@yahoo.com, same as I use here.

Also may I ask is there a way to see the graphics folder and other file information in LOV?

Thank you again Nico.
Your nick could not be found, possibly you haven't completed the entire form to register.

And what do you mean with "to see the graphics folder and other file information"?

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:30 am

Thank you Nico, I did finally manage to get confirmed. I want to thank you for your help. Can you tell me how I can access the graphics, etc. files of LOV. In my download I am unable to find them. I would like to be able to use some of the icons, efx, etc. in my own mod files that I have only for my personal use.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:20 am

flakfernrohr wrote:Thank you Nico, I did finally manage to get confirmed. I want to thank you for your help. Can you tell me how I can access the graphics, etc. files of LOV. In my download I am unable to find them. I would like to be able to use some of the icons, efx, etc. in my own mod files that I have only for my personal use.
LoV vanilla has no custom graphics.

If you're talking about the custom UI, unit icons and so on from LoV Ultimate, that's not my call to make.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Nico, I am speaking about the custom icons I saw on demos of LOV that were made by Churchy, Asuser and Puma. They are different than the vanilla icons/units. I saw them on the www.streichtmacht.com website. Maybe I am not making my self clear. Sorry, flak

Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Soldberg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Good Evening.
LoV Ultimate (custom UI / Units / etc) is still in development ... The development of this project was currently paused for various reasons indefinitely.

PS: a small insight into Lov_U... http://streitmacht.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 40#p163962

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks very much for the information on the unit graphics.

kucing
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by kucing » Fri May 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Thank you for creating this fun mod! I have been enjoying it and am having a lot of fun! I have some feedback about the mod, hopefully it may still improve this already excellent mod.

Mod version: 1.0
Difficulty: colonel (but the AI level is 2)
Game rules: 1.2x (but prestige soft cap is disabled)
Reform unit: yes
Weather, supply, FoW, undo: all yes
Dice: limited randomness
Current mission: Unternehmen Aida

Good:
* Beautiful maps, love the details in many scenarios, such as Dunkirk
* No city map battles like Stalingrad or Moscow, I absolutely hate them!
* Having naval units in core, I really love the battleships!
* Some really amazing what-if missions such as Norway + Sweden in Weserübung. I also love the Spanish mission, the british tanks caused a lot of problem and there's a naval question that has to be considered.
* Dealing with the whole front at the same time (unfortunately this causes problems too, see below)

Not so good:
* The African campaign missions make Rommel look like a dunce. For example in operation Brevity, I could have retaken Halfaya Pass but was prevented by him. I thought there would something really awesome, for example destroying a whole British Army in that pass but nope. Another example is in operation Crusader. Rommel wants me to pull back even though I eliminated almost all of the British army and navy. I could have driven to Tobruk but was ordered to retreat. If I don't retreat, I will be sacked. This is related to the next point.

* I, as the player, have conquered Czechoslovakia, Poland, Norway, Sweden, France, Spain, and many other countries. And yet, my rank is only Oberleutnant or Hauptmann. That's just silly, someone who handles a whole front like that could have no less rank than Field Marshall. Moreover, after the player has conquered half of Europe, he is put under Rommel, who is just a general. It makes no sense and really breaks the atmosphere.

* The missions are often too long, which takes serious amount of time to complete.

General question/comments:
* Why is Pz IVC available so early and then became unavailable later? Shouldn't it be available up until Pz IVD become available?

* The first bonus unit (a StuG) has a leader called "Promotion", maybe name him something else?

* Maybe before Czechoslovakia mission, add a mission where the player can select his preferred starting mission, such as jumping straight to battles in Africa or even America. I think this will make the mod more accessible.

Mission specific comments:

* Fall Rot: the decisive victory objective of destroying the Maginot line is absolutely not worth it. It is too difficult and costly, considering the troops are likely to be damaged from the siege of Paris. I think I have lost more prestige than I gained by achieving it.

* Operation Brevity, Battleaxe, and Crusader: "destroy a significant number enemy British tanks", how many units is significant enough? I think it needs to be made clearer how many tanks should be destroyed for decisive victory and when this number is achieved, a message box should pop up to notify the player.

* Operation Skorpion briefing: instead of "ended the German success", it should be "ended with the German success".

* Operation Battleaxe: theater is set to Europe, which means the african camo is not used.

* Bonus mission 2: although it says I may only deploy up to 2 units, I can actually deploy more than that because of SE units. Is this intended?

* Operation Crusader: "We were gravity mistaken", should be: "We were gravely mistaken".
I tried this mission twice. First I put the armies up front around Tobruk to delay and weaken the main British force but the result was terrible because I couldn't retreat fast enough.

Then I tried to be tricky. I deployed nothing near Tobruk and instead only deployed my troops around El Aghelia and Aj Dabiya, deploying as many units as I'm allowed to deploy every turn. Planes are also deployed around those towns. Then I destroyed the southern and eastern attacks very easily. Waited until the main body arrived and crushed them. I destroyed the British navy too with 3 strategic bombers. This makes the mission significantly easier, not sure whether this rear deployment should be allowed or not.

That's it for now, thank you again for this enjoyable mod!

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Sun May 10, 2015 7:13 pm

@Kucing

Thanks a lot for your imput. It is much appreciated. :D
I will see what i can do/cannot do. Any changes as a result of your feedback will only be in July at the earliest.
In the meantime i must devote most of my PzC time on official PzC "stuff" ;)

kucing

Post by kucing » Sun May 17, 2015 4:38 am

Thanks! That's fine for me because it is taking a lot of time to finish the mod.

About the second El Alamein: the decisive victory and normal victory seemed to be exactly the same. Is this intended? If it is, why not just remove the normal victory?

kucing

Post by kucing » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:12 am

Some more feedback:

* Swakopmund: I can deploy panzers even when the briefing says I won't be able to.

* Gegenangriff Egypt: there is a note in the briefing about Reich economy trigger in turn 2 but it doesn't seem to exist?

* Unternehmen Adlerangriff:
- The briefing says: "You can also deploy your bonus units (two per turn) in France ..." but I can deploy all of the bonus units at once.
- Bigging Hill (25,21) is marked as zone B incorrectly.
- Unit in Countryside (52,21) may have incorrect trigger (should be = 1 but it says = 0).
- If there's a plane entering sector B in the last turn, it becomes Victory instead of Decisive Victory; the trigger for victory check should be restricted to only ground troops.

* Dover: there's Reich economy trigger note in the briefing.

davidhansen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by davidhansen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm getting ready to start this campaign and want to make sure I have the latest version of this mod.

Reading through the forum postings, I noticed that there are a couple of small patches that have come out.

Is there one d/l that has all these small updating patches applied/incorporated (the link at the top of this mod...is that the one that contains all the updates?), or do I need read through the forum postings and d/l each of the individual patches?

Are the various campaign trees also now up to date?

TXS

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”