[Axis Campaign] Legacy of Versailles-vanilla v0.3 (11/08/14)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

naughtybalrog
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: [Axis Campaign] Legacy of Versailles-vanilla v0.2 (13/02

Post by naughtybalrog »

Hmmm, what does this potential status change mean for LOV?
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

naughtybalrog wrote:Hmmm, what does this potential status change mean for LOV?
I will continue to give support, when required, to LoV - Vanilla.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by timek28 »

Hi Nikki, I just wanted to say that I have more free time now, and I will try out bypassing all scenarios until after UK44 and report back on remaining scenarios. I have almost finished my GC West now so I'm primed on trying out LoV again.

Cheers :)
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

timek28 wrote:Hi Nikki, I just wanted to say that I have more free time now, and I will try out bypassing all scenarios until after UK44 and report back on remaining scenarios. I have almost finished my GC West now so I'm primed on trying out LoV again.

Great to hear :)
/me suffering from a major hangover lol...Belgium, yes we can :twisted:
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

nikivdd wrote:
timek28 wrote:Hi Nikki, I just wanted to say that I have more free time now, and I will try out bypassing all scenarios until after UK44 and report back on remaining scenarios. I have almost finished my GC West now so I'm primed on trying out LoV again.

Great to hear :)
/me suffering from a major hangover lol...Belgium, yes we can :twisted:
Good luck to Belgium, Nikki, I'd love to see them do it. :)
Richard
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Hey Nico congrats for the Belgium playing so well :)

I've actually decided to start over LoV from the scratch. The problem is that I don't know how to create heroes through cheating. I guess there is option to create exact amount of experience, but I don't recall if there was a cheat for heroes. Also I'm not sure how could I place unbiased heroes for my units...

So yea I'll start over again, trying not to get saturated easily :)
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

I can tweak the gamerule files to get heroes in lightning speed. By the time a unit has reached 100 kills, it should have 3 heroes. Such a change possible requires a restart of the campaign.
Very Fast Heroes.rar
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
PS. I hope our team kicks some Argentinian ass tomorrow evening :twisted:

(Hey Messi, we are coming)
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Wow thanks a lot! :) :)

And good luck tomorrow!
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

nikivdd wrote:I can tweak the gamerule files to get heroes in lightning speed. By the time a unit has reached 100 kills, it should have 3 heroes. Such a change possible requires a restart of the campaign.
Very Fast Heroes.rar
PS. I hope our team kicks some Argentinian ass tomorrow evening :twisted:

(Hey Messi, we are coming)
Disappointed :D .
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Hey Nikki,

I've surpassed all scenarios to one after UK44 with endscn 0 cheat. It was a nice feeling I must admit jumping over all those hard scenarios, and not doing them for the 4th time or so...

However I don't understand the "Reich economy trigger". Doing endscn 0 up to UK44 gave me close to 50k in prestige which is enough to buy new equipment. After buying some equipment I got about 31K left in prestige. However after first turn of "Bonus mission 04", the "Reich economy trigger" reduced my prestige fro 31K to 500?!?

Sure I will cheat again in order to balance things out, but is this how prestige reducing it is supposed to work?
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Nikki,

Is there a way to add ships to core by cheats? :( I did endscn 0 on all the scenarios, however ships that I was supposed to get in Norway are gone. I guess I didn't click on the message that stated that those ships are added to core and they weren't added because of that. I don't know how am I supposed to pass US coast scenarios without them :(

Although one thing comes to my mind only: cheat that allows enemy units to be destroyed instantly. In that way I will be able to sink US ships with my planes only... I will probably do that.

Grrr... It's hard to fill out all parameters of the game correctly if you jump across scenarios with cheats.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Also I must say that some scenario information is quite misinformative. For example in Operation Greenland scenario, briefing states: "and with lot of their planes returned to American mainland we should not fear their air weapon either"... While the situation in scenario is completely opposite. Right now I'm battling around 12 US planes, of whom 4 are strategic bombers, 4 tactical and 4-5 fighters if not more, and it is far from not fearing all those planes...
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

timek28 wrote:Is there a way to add ships to core by cheats?
I am not certain on how this mod works, but unless you have downloaded the mod (or it is included in this one) that enables naval purchases, it will not be possible, even with the "all equipment" (that isn't exactly what you would type though) cheat.

But anyway, isn't it just more fun to play through the entire thing again (ok, maybe not the case with WWI, where you have Mons18 to deal with!)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

- Reich's economics trigger removes all surplus prestige not used after the deployment phase (you can always cheat your prestige back)
- Ships will remain in your core if you give them the opportunity to appear. Most ships are scripted to appear at turn 1 after the deployment phase. Normally if you let the AI play turn 1 and then use endscn 0, the ships should stay in your core.
- You are absolutely right about the plane thing in Godthab (Greenland). This has been fixed in the attachment (only 4 US planes remain from the whole lot)
Godthab.rar
(6.98 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
This scenario tweak will be part of the next update of the campaign.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

@BNC

I completely agree that I should play campaign through instead of cheating through it to the some exact point. However I did this already 2 or 3 times. The campaign is incredibly long, and demanding and I don't have that much spare time right now. I'm working on my PhD and I can afford about 1-2 hours of uninterrupted play per day at most. On the other hand campaign has around 60 or 70 scenarios if I recall well, and on average I think they have 30 turns with about 30-40 units involved. It takes a lot of time to go through all of that. Nikki created great scenarios, some of which are really hard and it is a painful experience to go several times through all of that. El Alamain 1 and 2 still give me shivers...

That is why I will resort to cheats, but only to come to where I left of before I deleted my save-games. Sure it won't be the same, but I'm trying my best to emulate balanced core composition and experience not to be too much ahead (or behind) of AI.

@Nikki

Thanks once again for quick reaction! I will incorporate this latest patch. Also since you cleared out how ships work I will replay the whole thing over while allowing ships to get into the core. Norway scenario (and Poland if I recall well) are obviously crucial as they give some important units into the core. I will obviously loose some gift units along the cheating course, but I simply cannot afford to go through all of campaign once again. At Greenland I will put all my units at 3 stars experience, 3 OS, as well as having around 5 fighters, 5 tactical bombers and 2 start bombers. 10 Tanks, 6-8 artillery and lots of infantry. I recall having core similar to this one last time I played.
David Hansen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by David Hansen »

I'm thinking about playing this mod. I've noticed in this thread 3/4/5 changes that have been added over time.

My question...if I d/l this mod (v0.2)...are all the changes included...or do I need to add each one of the changes individually?

TXS
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

timek28 wrote:@BNC

I completely agree that I should play campaign through instead of cheating through it to the some exact point. However I did this already 2 or 3 times. The campaign is incredibly long, and demanding and I don't have that much spare time right now. I'm working on my PhD and I can afford about 1-2 hours of uninterrupted play per day at most. On the other hand campaign has around 60 or 70 scenarios if I recall well, and on average I think they have 30 turns with about 30-40 units involved. It takes a lot of time to go through all of that. Nikki created great scenarios, some of which are really hard and it is a painful experience to go several times through all of that. El Alamain 1 and 2 still give me shivers...

That is why I will resort to cheats, but only to come to where I left of before I deleted my save-games. Sure it won't be the same, but I'm trying my best to emulate balanced core composition and experience not to be too much ahead (or behind) of AI.
I see... I used a similar idea when restoring my core after my laptop broke at the start of GC43. Luckily, I was able to remember my core (sort of) and prestige, so I just cheated it all in. It turned out I got the experience wayyyyy off (I put 400 for everything, but it probably should have been 100), but it didn't bither me that much.

Also, good luck on your PhD.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

davidhansen wrote:I'm thinking about playing this mod. I've noticed in this thread 3/4/5 changes that have been added over time.

My question...if I d/l this mod (v0.2)...are all the changes included...or do I need to add each one of the changes individually?

TXS
I have send you a PN on the matter.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

It's me again :P

Well I managed to screw up Greenland scenario. I accidentally did endscn 0 on it as well... Nevermind I'm now at the Operation Bird Paradise. It's pretty fun as well. I don't know if I did the right core composure. With 300 exp I pound AI pretty easily. The AI is completely inexperienced which is OK considering the troops are Canadian. Also they are max OS so it makes up for lack of experience. I guess US will beat me up for attacking poor Canadians :lol:

Anyways my point is that in this scenario I got a Loss. The in-game message changes objectives for victory to conquering cities in Newfoundland and to leaving Nova Scotia alone due to large number of AI ships. I did this (albeit not being able to destroy all AI ships). I conquered all the cities in Newfoundland. I thought that was enough, however I got a loss in the end. Then I realized that ONE city in Nova Scotia (I presume), Charlottetown is also a goal. But this contradicts with the in-game message that states that Nova Scotia cities are not targets. Am I right?
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

timek28 wrote:It's me again :P

Well I managed to screw up Greenland scenario. I accidentally did endscn 0 on it as well... Nevermind I'm now at the Operation Bird Paradise. It's pretty fun as well. I don't know if I did the right core composure. With 300 exp I pound AI pretty easily. The AI is completely inexperienced which is OK considering the troops are Canadian. Also they are max OS so it makes up for lack of experience. I guess US will beat me up for attacking poor Canadians :lol:

Anyways my point is that in this scenario I got a Loss. The in-game message changes objectives for victory to conquering cities in Newfoundland and to leaving Nova Scotia alone due to large number of AI ships. I did this (albeit not being able to destroy all AI ships). I conquered all the cities in Newfoundland. I thought that was enough, however I got a loss in the end. Then I realized that ONE city in Nova Scotia (I presume), Charlottetown is also a goal. But this contradicts with the in-game message that states that Nova Scotia cities are not targets. Am I right?
Yes you are right. I am actually puzzled why such obvious thing was not noticed during beta test.
Anyhow, the attachment contains the corrected version. The VH in Charlottetown is removed and i added a couple of additional flying goodies for your trouble ;)
Newfoundland.rar
(15.29 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”