Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

Post by flakfernrohr »

For those of you who have liked these Soviet units I have been making for Akkula, I attach the Mediafire links with everything I sent to him for his mod. Please feel free to use them as you see fit. So many people contributed to their making, especially Akkula and Guille. There are more units and masks than I cared to count (39.19 Mb in the Soviet Armor First File and 17.63 Mb in the Soviet Armor Second File). Lots of versions and variations and all the Berlin versions I made. With these units you ought never to have to use the same major armor unit down to a BT7, twice in a game. :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbqpt ... T+FILE.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a7kf ... D+FILE.zip
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I am glad your finally make it public :)
I think most of the people will completely DELIGHTED.

PS: Very interesting video about those Hungarian armor. I have to watch it again and paying more attention, a lot of interesting stuff there.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I have been working on Soviet units now for some time and thought I might try to tweak some German units. Here are some adjustments I made to Guille's great Tiger I late unit.
Attachments
Tiger I camoa.png
Tiger I camoa.png (39.2 KiB) Viewed 4728 times
Tiger I camo.png
Tiger I camo.png (38.76 KiB) Viewed 4728 times
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
ckraiderfan1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Here Are a Few back at you Flak with My new Icon system :) Basically my Idea is to switch around the SE units and The Elite and Make the SS units Available for Purchase because I think they are under represented in the game. Yes there were few
early In the war but by the end of the war they were the backbone of the german war machine and getting the lionshare of the new equipment and replacements while other units in the Wehrmacht were left to wither on the vine .So Instead of receiving SS unit from High Command you will receive "Veteran" Elite Wehrmacht Combat units Like Grossdeutschland, Panzer Lehr , Panzer Division Hermann Göring. These Units are what I consider Rare And special and among some of the few
Wehrmacht units to be rebuilt every time the were nearly destroyed putting out front line fires That why if you Notice I changed the SE units description to OKW prefix and gave the unit icon An Army group Flag Next to the Heavy Panzer Battalion
badge. I have been working on this for months And just started Play testing and I seems to work well So please any input will be welcome :)
OKW_Tiger_I_Late.png
OKW_Tiger_I_Late.png (38.47 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
EL_Tiger_I.png
EL_Tiger_I.png (38.78 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
Tiger_I.png
Tiger_I.png (38.94 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Stunning Tiger flak!. :D . Thanks.
I am just working in split the Tiger I family (in my mod), I was thinking of Tiger I H1 and Tiger I E.
The thing is I don´t know what icons to use for each one, or even if there any icon for them (apart from the standard vanilla), maybe you can help me to figure it out the best option for each unit 8)
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

HI Akkula,

As far as I remember The Tiger I H was the Prototype pre production vehicle and the Tiger I E was the vanilla tiger that we Play with now I created A Tiger I H A while Ago using One Of PHCAS unit icons

Tiger_I (H).png
Tiger_I (H).png (34.79 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

@ ckraiderfan1..........I see you are really having some fun with either Gimp or NetPaint. Either way, lots of fun to make icon units. I like your units, but my personal taste runs a bit simpler for my games. Nevertheless great units and am glad you are having fun and participating in this forum. Everything we post will be used at some point by someone discovering the game or this forum. That makes me happy to know.

@ Akkula..............

I found two versions of the Tiger I H. One was very very simple and did not have an air filter system, it was the first version. The next Tiger I H had an air filter system. So I did both and attach the masks in this and the next post (three picture limit). Also I made them in Dunkelgelb since most of them were actually like that and did not have the same style camouflage patterns as the later versions. A lot of them, particularly the first ones in Army Group North had winter camouflage. They had no skirting on the sides and two storage bins on each side of the turret although I have seen pictures of them with just one side storage bin.

Stay tuned, I am working on other versions of the Tiger I. And.........as always if you see anything that needs addressing, changing or my attention, please let me know.
Attachments
Tiger I H early.png
Tiger I H early.png (39.66 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Tiger_I_H_Mask.png
Tiger_I_H_Mask.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Tiger_I_H.png
Tiger_I_H.png (63.25 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Tiger I H Air Filter system................
Attachments
Tiger I H with Air Filter system
Tiger I H with Air Filter system
Tiger I H Air Filter early.png (39.5 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Tiger_I_HAF_Mask.png
Tiger_I_HAF_Mask.png (4.16 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Tiger_I_HAF.png
Tiger_I_HAF.png (65.41 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Sorry I forgot about this color scheme for the very early Tigers....................
Attachments
TIGER I H GREY.png
TIGER I H GREY.png (36.29 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
TIGER I H AIR FILTER GREY.png
TIGER I H AIR FILTER GREY.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Flak these are awesome :D :) :) :shock: :) :D What do you think a realistic availability date for this unit would be ??? I know Hitler personally pushed the introduction of the Tiger into combat earlier than was planed late 1941 or early 1942??? What do you think
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

@ckraiderfan1.............I am guessing this is what you are asking? If not, maybe when will the other Tiger I units be finished that I am working on or the real things?

"Production for the design, initially called PzKpfw VI Ausf. H, began in Aug 1942, and units were deployed to the field without extensive testing due to war demands, thus revisions were frequent, which slowed down production. Some of the revisions to the design included the removal of the frontal armor shield (Apr 1942), addition of bolted mudguards, addition of smoke discharge canisters (Aug 1942), and changing bolted mudguards to removable mudguards (Sep 1942). The designation later changed to PzKpfw VI Ausf. E in Mar 1943.

Tiger I tanks were first used in combat on 23 Sep 1942 near Leningrad, Russia; many of these first tanks broke down due to mechanical problems. These problems continued to plague them as they were deployed to North Africa. In fact, crews would continue to be plagued by mechanical issues through the end of the war. It was rare to see any unit equipped with Tiger I tanks to operate at full strength due to the extended maintenance and repair periods. Nevertheless, they were fearsome in combat. On 7 Jul 1943, tank commander SS-Oberscharführer Franz Staudegger of the 2nd Platoon, 13th Panzer Company, 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler claimed to have engaged about 50 T-34 tanks and knocked out 22 of them. Similarly, SS-Haupsturmführer Michael Wittmann's platoon of schwere SS-Panzerabteilung 101 claimed to have destroyed over 20 Allied vehicles at the Villers-Bocage confrontation during the Allied Normandy invasion."

First delivery to Pz Schwere Ablg 502 (pardon my crappy German).
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hi guys.
So then, if I understood correctly, the early variant icons belong to the Tiger I H-1 and the later variant icons belong to the TIger I E?.
I beg to differ ckraiderfan1, the H-1 was put in production until March 1943 when the E variant entered mass production. I think both of them deserve to be a "purchasable" unit.

PS: I think the icons are beautiful, my only suggestion would be to enlarge them to match the vanilla size (and make them more scary as they deserve :P ). But I don´t know if that is possible as it requires a lot of work.

Best regards.
Akkula.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hi Akkula, I think you mean to enlarge the smaller units on the image, right? I did all the Soviet units with a reduction of 150 down from 296 in Gimp. These Tiger I's are at 165, so I guess I need to enlarge them more. I will get them to match the Soviet units.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Recently I came across a picture of an interesting Krupp Protze so I decided to make a unit icon of it, then I added an RSO. Have not seen a picture of an RSO with the Flakdrilling MG21, but if they built the Pak 40 on the RSO frame, surely the Flakdrilling MG21 would work as well.
Attachments
Protze Flakdrilling.jpg
Protze Flakdrilling.jpg (61.69 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling.png
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling.png (44.76 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling_Mask.png
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling_Mask.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

The Krupp Protze Flakdrilling in AT mode
Attachments
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling-AT.png
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling-AT.png (36.34 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling-AT_Mask.png
Krupp_Protze_Flakdrilling-AT_Mask.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

The RSO versions
Attachments
RSO-Flakdrilling_Mask.png
RSO-Flakdrilling_Mask.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
RSO-Flakdrilling.png
RSO-Flakdrilling.png (33.64 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

RSO Flakdrilling AT mode
Attachments
RSO-Flakdrilling_AT.png
RSO-Flakdrilling_AT.png (38.75 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
RSO-Flakdrilling_AT_Mask.png
RSO-Flakdrilling_AT_Mask.png (4.25 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

RSO with supplies
Attachments
RSO-supply.png
RSO-supply.png (24.42 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
RSO-supply_Mask.png
RSO-supply_Mask.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Superb!! I like very much the idea of making a new unit from an interesting "historical" photo! :-)
Thanks Flak for sharing!
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I got into a unit icon making phase recently and got inspired by the Hungarian Royal Army and also did a several SdKfz 7 variations including an Italian Breda 61, which was an SdKfz 7 licensed knockoff. It has some minor differences in cosmetics and the seating arrangement you can see in the units. I will also post Mediafire links with the units that have the units/masks for the SdKfz 7, Breda 61 and the Hungarian files. I read somewhere that the Breda Artillery trucks were widely used by Germany and also used by Hungary, so I made some of them too. A 40 version and the more stylish 41 model. You'll get them all.

UPDATE....UNIT ID CORRECTION AND UPDATED MEDIAFIRE LINK
The Breda 61 halftrack was also produced but there is not enough difference cosmetically between it and a German SdKfz 7 to show in the units size for the game.

FIAT SC727 HALFTRACK AND SDKFZ 7 OPEN TOP versions
http://www.mediafire.com/download/99a54 ... +Masks.zip
Attachments
Fiat SC727.jpg
Fiat SC727.jpg (29.57 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
FIAT SC 727 open.png
FIAT SC 727 open.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
FIAT SC 727.png
FIAT SC 727.png (29.35 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”