Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Some new icons if you want them, more to follow

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi guys, I tweaked the IS2 m1944 Berlin version a bit and post an image. I worked on the tracks and hull view, I think this is better so I will rework the plain IS2 m1944 bare assed tank again like this one minus the Berlin stripes. Guille I will wait for what you are working on. I am about to complete the IS2 updated versions and will shortly start on the T34 to see what can be done in this regard.
Attachments
IS2 Berlin 449.png
IS2 Berlin 449.png (26.74 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Ok, some new extras templates made on the ideas proposed by Flak here, making the IS-2 the most customizable tank in PzCorps with ease..! :-)
Here you can grab a template for giving the IS-2 the "bare thread" look and another one to paint recognition marks on the tank's turret. I hope you like them and have fun!
Attachments
SE_IS-2_m1944-yellow(alt).png
SE_IS-2_m1944-yellow(alt).png (28.02 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
IS-2_Bare-Tracks.png
IS-2_Bare-Tracks.png (4.03 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
IS2_Recognition-Marks.png
IS2_Recognition-Marks.png (3.44 KiB) Viewed 1974 times

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Those are nice Guille. Thank you again. T34 and ISU 152 - 122 will soon follow (I think :? )
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Ok! I am glad you liked them... Certainly, I will be adding them to my collection :-) On the other hand: You will have the ISU-152 base icons and masks ready for today, and perhaps the same for the ISU-152-2...
You are a factory of cool ideas!! :-) Keep it up!!

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58 pm

Here are two T34-85's I did with mixed wheels and put bare treads on them. Need opinions please, and they don't have to be complimentary, just honest.
Attachments
T34-76 CHZ bare tracks.png
T34-76 CHZ bare tracks.png (23.72 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
T34-85 bare treads.png
T34-85 bare treads.png (24.88 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
T34-85 treads partial.png
T34-85 treads partial.png (26.34 KiB) Viewed 1931 times

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:16 am

Flak: Thhose T-34 are lookin very good, but... and take it just as an opinion, I would like to point out two things:

- Careful with the"total" bare tracks tank... The T-34 had a hull overhang over the tracks, I think you are cutting a part of the hull (not just fenders) to show such a wide section of the threads... The partial version looks perfectly right for me...
- The mixed wheels show wide differences in brightness and the solid ones look more "flattened" than the "star" wheels. I know that it is my fault, because I made that wheel set... :oops:
But... I was working on some "customizing" wheel templates to apply to the T-34 (to avoid having to make a lot of basic icons for different T-34 versions). So you can customize any T-34 tank or any vehicle based on the T-34 hull using those templates...

I attach here two mixed wheels templates that you may want to use for this and any other project you like... :-)

I hope you take this as a constructive opinion... Please don't get angry...
Attachments
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels2.png
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels2.png (6.63 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels1.png
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels1.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 1918 times

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:37 am

Thank you Guille for the template and the constructive criticism. I would never be mad about your sort of comment, that is what I was hoping to get from the forum. Honest answers.
The full tracked units are difficult to get to look "right" since the tracks have to be wide enough to match the unit's original scale and also to fit them on to the side of the hull. My experiment with the T34 full track version is just that, an experiment. Now I know what to work on to see if I can get it right. No promises, but will try. :)

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks for your polite words, Flak! The idea behind the wheels templates is to try to cut down the number of basic icons on T-34 variants (when you combine the turret variants with the wheels variants you get tens of possibilities). So why not to make one or two basic hulls, each with all the turret variants, and on top of them, the modder or player can just personalize the wheel set... Here are two more templates: the all plain wheel set and all star wheel set...

About the "correct" look of the units, a good thing would be to find an image of an accurate model on the subject, in the correct perspective, or better still a photo of the real vehicle and then take measures on that image. But, for some specific subjects, I know that this can be difficult...

:-)
Attachments
Extra_T-34_plain_wheels.png
Extra_T-34_plain_wheels.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
Extra_T-34_star_wheels.png
Extra_T-34_star_wheels.png (6.25 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:57 pm

I made two more wheel sets from your first template. I have seen war images of this wheel set on both T34-76 and T34-85 tanks...........
Attachments
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels3.png
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels3.png (7.95 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels4.png
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels4.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 1859 times

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Excellent Flak! They are going right to my "Extras" sub-folder in teh Base Icons folder... With this system, we can have multiple variants of the T-34, without the need to make a lot of basic icons and their masks... Besides, I am sure these templates can be used on T-34/76, T-34/57, T-34/85, SU-122, Su-85, SU-100 and T-34T (which is a new project of mine, basically a turret-less T-34 converted to a trusty, go-anywhere, well protected artillery tractor for the player who is concerned about protecting and having in the right place his very valuable heavy towed artillery) Coming soon! :-)

Here is a big unit portrait for that unit, and also, yet a new "extra" mixed wheels template taken from said image! 8)
Attachments
T-34T-big.png
T-34T-big.png (63.61 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels5.png
Extra_T-34_mixed_wheels5.png (8.29 KiB) Viewed 1832 times

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Here are the T34-76 and T34-85 versions I did using the wheel sets. I position the wheel sets individually on each tank (facing right and facing left), touch them up and the make the scaled down versions for the completion of the unit. It is much more exact and the details come out sharper for me. Nevertheless the wheel sets are very welcome and the wheels look much better on the tanks I think. Have done a series on the T34-85 with wheel set variations and am now working on the T34-76 series. There will be a new series of T34's for skinning, probably over 25 variations between T34-85 and T34-76.
Attachments
T34-85 treadsx.png
T34-85 treadsx.png (26.42 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
T34-76 treads2.png
T34-76 treads2.png (24.2 KiB) Viewed 1790 times

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Akkula » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:12 am

What a stunning work guys :D
Those variations are just fantastic, now we can create almost 100% unique scenarios with these damaged units. I will have to rework all the scenarios of my campaign now! :P
I am glad you have taken the Guilles advice Flak, the first versions were too extreme but the last ones are PERFECT, I hope you can translate that to the IS-2 too.

Please guys keep this professional work going on!, I want to include all your work in my project. Never enough!.

Best regards.
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Akkula, I have neared the completion of the IS2 updates and the T34-85. I want to check them out more closely for being "right" and having enough variety. Making progress on the T34-76. Next will work on the ISU and SU units.

maguro
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by maguro » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:20 am

I'm loving the new Soviet stuff, especially the IS-2s! I'll definitely be putting some of these in my project!

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 pm

That's great you like them maguro.......very glad you approve. Shortly will have a new file of units modded with missing fenders and tracks visible, different wheel sets for variations. Hopefully there will be enough quality units for the Soviets that a player never has to use the same unit twice on the battlefield, all can be different (maybe? :roll: ). There are already plenty of variations for the Axis side, so now the Soviets get their chance.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Here are some T34-76 versions recently completed.
Attachments
T34-76 CHZ treads fuel.png
T34-76 CHZ treads fuel.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
T34-76 Ekranami turret.png
T34-76 Ekranami turret.png (24.09 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
T34-76 STZ treads fuel.png
T34-76 STZ treads fuel.png (24.54 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

Messmann
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Messmann » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Could anyone upload an equipment file for all these soviet tanks and tank monsters? What kind of stats do they have, or are supposed to have? :shock:

I would like to have a comparison to a possible e series upgrade of my mod.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 am

Hi Messmann,

I sent Akkula the Soviet files first. I was asked by him to make some changes on a couple of basic vehicles and it sort of became and ambition of mine to make more for him ( :oops: ) once I got started. I enlisted Guille's help (tremendous of course).
Akkula has them (the first set) but they do not have stats with them because I did not make any stats or effects. The only ones needing stats/effects would be the IS3, IS4, IS7 and Guille's excellent Soviet units like his IS152-OBJECT 704. The other stats for the basic Soviet units are from the various mods and the vanilla game that would apply to these various unit icons I made. Were it not for Guille and Akkula, I doubt they would have ever been made at all. My hat is off to them. 8)
I am making a second file of Soviet units now and will complete them soon I think as it is not as large as the first group (which was really larger than I had originally planned). I will send them to Akkula first of course, but I will post them (both sets with Mediafire links) on the forum soon. He is adding to his mod with the first set and will add others with the second set I think. I just wanted him to have the first look and approval. All of the units will be available soon.
I have some E series stats I put together for a mod I have been working on for some time (I got sidetracked with the Soviet files) that is a sort of expanded version of Airbornemongo's SS mod that would allow a person to put in the E Series Panzers and other special units into a game. The stats are tweaked of course, but of course they should be for the E Series Panzers.
With Guille making the IS3, IS4, Object 704 and the IS7, (he will be making other Soviet heavy tanks, only two left to have them all), I had envisioned a super tank battle between these E series tanks and the Soviet monsters.
I am very pleased you like them as the opinions of modders like yourself and others like you is very gratifying. :) AND to have them included in the mods is even more gratifying. It is guys like you that keep this game great and ongoing for future Panzer Corps fans that will not even know the names of the guys who did the work but will appreciate it nevertheless.

Please check the excellent units made on PHCAS's thread in the early part of the summer. There are numerous links for his units and the masks I made for them on Mediafire. He is very talented, but of course they are not Soviet units.

Akkula

Post by Akkula » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:45 am

Wow, fantastic work in that preview friend!. :)
I have to say I am intrigued in the E series you have in mind, they will always could have a place in some fictional post-war scenarios.

Thanks for all your impressive job.
Regards.

Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 am

We are on a Soviet subject matter currently, but I just stumbled across a very interesting video on YouTube about Hungarian Tanks. Lots of rare photos and video I had never even seen or imagined existed. Give it a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbp8_NO8VJk

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”