War of the World v1.1

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: A global scale scenario is coming - "The War of the Worl

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

The way I have been thinking of it is as the Low Countries/Benelux while being represented as Belgium. In all ways it is still technically Belgium, even though its army is called "Benelux Army". The Netherlands are not represented in Europe at all, their empire is represented as Dutch in Borneo and the East Indies.

The US, Russian and IJN armies are going down now, with the Royal Navy completed.

Sparatacus, when this mod is complete (~2-3 days), I will PM you the files so that you can beta-test it. If anyone else would like to do it, I will be happy to PM the files to anyone - just let me know on this forum.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
BiteNibbleChomp

The mod is nearing the end of its making - soon it will be ready to play :D !
Some things I have not revealed yet:

- Pacific Theater:
PacificRailroad1.JPG
PacificRailroad1.JPG (186.1 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
First look at China - thanks to naturesheva and bebro for helping me add the graphics for this theater.
The map does include railroads that I have just added, and the armies of China and the IJA stand facing each other in a WW1-like positioning

Though not shown in the screen,
- Attu (US base in the Aleutian Is.) has been added to the map
- IJN SNLF units have been added, no capital ships or DDs as yet. - These appear in Turns 29-30, ready to strike and the Dutch East Indies, Malaya and Burma
- At this stage Pearl Harbour will not happen on the map, but its effects will be seen in 1942-3
PacificRailroad2.JPG
PacificRailroad2.JPG (116.16 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
Our first viewing of the Royal Navy. (Scharnhorst was moved to view the Rodney outside London)
This is 3 of at least 15 ships, be prepared Axis players, the Suffolk (CL) can bust out of Manchester and become quite a nuisance.
Again, more railroads

And in Eastern Europe:
PacificRailroad3.JPG
PacificRailroad3.JPG (173.22 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
The main focus of this screen is the rail system in E. Europe.
Though possibly shown, there are no rail links between Warsaw, Romania, East Prussia or anything else here and Russia.
Idea is that now there is an invisible river which stops the Germans rushing into Russia and capturing Moscow before the Red Army reveals itself, If there was a rail link between say Warsaw and Minsk, A sneaky recon unit could take advantage of this bridge and then get into Moscow.
- I disabled Bruckenpioneres from being purchaseable for this scenario - don't want the AI seeing the "river", building a BridgeEng and crossing it easily.

- Only America needs rails now :twisted:

- BNC
naturesheva
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by naturesheva »

I'm so exited to see this wonderful work you did, BNC!

My only suggestion is, is that possible to introduce some major rivers into the map. IMO, rivers always play an important role in WWII.

Really cannot wait to play this EPIC map!
Sparatacus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Sparatacus »

Awesomo, keep trucking!
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

Great work :D :D :D
Richard
BiteNibbleChomp

naturesheva wrote:I'm so exited to see this wonderful work you did, BNC!

My only suggestion is, is that possible to introduce some major rivers into the map. IMO, rivers always play an important role in WWII.

Really cannot wait to play this EPIC map!
I did consider these rivers (Rhine, Volga, Nile and some in India, America and Asia) but considering the month-long turns, even really formidable rivers such as the Rhine probably don't take 8 weeks to cross, and the scale of the map (London-Paris is around 5 hexes distance) makes them so small that they just don't work. :(

If I was to make the map 4-5 times the size of what it is currently and make 10-day long turns, then rivers would make more sense.

Also, are you interested in beta-testing it (probably ready to test on Friday), because you may have some more good thoughts that I may have overlooked.

------------------------------------

Stuff that has happened today:
- Sweden and Turkey now set up
- Rail network completed (sorry, no roads - there is really no point in having both at this scale and I don't think roads do much other than help cross rivers anyway)
- USSR's army is getting deployed

Anyone interested in beta-testing, let me know via this forum or a PM so I can send you the files (probably Friday) Note that when beta-testing feedback will be very helpful for me to get the mod/scenario into final release stage.

- BNC
BiteNibbleChomp

IJN and Russia are ready, only America to go and some other minor things, then beta release!

- BNC
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:IJN and Russia are ready, only America to go and some other minor things, then beta release!

- BNC
Great news!

I'll definitely try to test this map if I have any spear time!
BiteNibbleChomp

Great news everyone,

THE MOD HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP TO BETA STAGE!

I am in the process of PMing my already recruited testers the files, so if anyone else would like to do it, all that you need to do is post on this forum. I plan to release the final version of this mod (or more accurately, v1.0) around the 20th of December.

Some rare shots of the Allied side:
The Russian Army, 1939
Beta1.JPG
Beta1.JPG (171.11 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
This army is not really meant to be strengthened or anything until the Germans launch Operation Barbarossa (to better reflect this, 2.5k prestige is added to the Allies when Russia is invaded - much of the initial prestige given to the Allies is sorely needed by France, the UK and China.

And in the East...
Beta2.JPG
Beta2.JPG (104.48 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
Corregidor!
otherwise not much to look at here, though a lot of action is occuring around here in turns 31-35!

Interesting units that have been added:
- V Rockets (appear in 1944)
- Home Guard
- Afrikakorps
- Paras to attack Norway (Axis)
- The Atomic Bomb. (or more accurately, a B-29 :D )

Yes, the bomb IS in it, and if Germany has been vanquished, this can be moved to the Home Is. of Japan to score an Allied Victory.

Keep in mind when playing that the scenario plays at its best when you adopt a semi-historical position throughout (eg. no Barbarossa in 1939 or anything)

- BNC

- Beta testers, be sure to check your PM inbox thing - any feedback is best sent through the main forum though. :)
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

- Beta testers, be sure to check your PM inbox thing - any feedback is best sent through the main forum though.
Thank you for sending me the beta version.

Difficulty:
General

When I start the sceanario I get a message:
"To win capture all objectives"
Fair enough, that's quite simple.
In case you do not know you can make scenario objectives visible between turns by text editing some of the first lines of the of the scenario pzloc file:

IDS_SCEN_AXIS_CAM_OBJECTIVES
IDS_SCEN_AXIS_SCN_OBJECTIVES
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_CAM_OBJECTIVES
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_SCN_OBJECTIVES

e.g. in case of the vanilla poland scenario it looks like this:

IDS_SCEN_AXIS_CAM_OBJECTIVES <i>Decisive Victory:</i><br/>Capture all objectives with at least 5 turns remaining.<br/><br/><i>Marginal Victory:</i><br/>Capture all objectives.
IDS_SCEN_AXIS_SCN_OBJECTIVES Capture all objectives.
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_CAM_OBJECTIVES Hold at least 1 objective.
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_SCN_OBJECTIVES Hold at least 1 objective.

It might be a good idea to add Decisive and Marginal aims as well, for instance for a Marginal victory it would be enough to conquer half the world only.

It might be a good idea to make Axis and Allied units face each other. It can be done in the editor in Edit/Scenario Parameters/Sides - Unit orientation. The default setting is Right - Right for both Axis and Allies. Right - Left (or the opposite) would be more "natural", I guess.

Movement and attack sounds are currently missing for the added japanese and chinese units. Hopefully these will be added later as well.

A bit strange to have b&w photos as bigunit pictures for these added custom units, while still having the original 3D images for the vanilla units. I understand that you do not have 3D images for these units, though. I had the same problem while making my mod, but I prefer having a consistent look and feel, so having no better alternative I changed all the vanilla bigunit pictures to b&w photos. This way the old and newly added units go together better, I think. A b&w vanilla unit pack is available for download from here:
viewtopic.php?t=30178

Finland should be added as well as a new nation with its proper flag.

turn 1
Poland is taken in turn 1. without loosing a single unit strenght. After that I am thinking about my next step. Moscow is so close in this map - too big the temptation is, lol... Still, I am afraid that loads of Soviet units would spawn all of a sudden and I am not prepared for it, so I decide to follow the historical path.

It would be nice to know more about the line of ships between Boston and London. I suppose it represents the main convoy route, but what is happening there? Is there any convoy activity? Do I get prestige for going there? Shall I attack it? Dunno. I will investigate, anyway.

turn 2
Royal Navy is quite strong. Worried about my few ships so I decide to take them to the relative safety of the North Sea, away from my victory hexes. I am using my U-boats offensively, though. (I have no difficulty sinking the destroyers first. Then I start to decimate the larger vessels. I feel there could be more of those enemy destroyers...)

turn 3
I disband my northernmost strongpoint for better postitioning my forces. Final preparation before attacking France.

turn 4
invasion of France begins. Strongpoint vs strongpoint fight is a bit odd. I try to avoid Belgium.

turn 6
France is mine. (Save for Vichy France Marseille.) I will take Belgium next turn. Dunno what happens if I take Marseille, though. Will Vichy France overseas colonies declare war on me? That would make some sense.
Think I will try to take England as well, once I destroy the rest of the RN with my U-boats.

turn 7
"Hungary has sided with us and has an army to fight!"
Two thumbs up! No one can stop me now from conquering the rest of the world, lol. :lol:

However, I would like to know why it happened April 1940. Was it triggered by something? Obviously, I am happy for having my Homeland in the team, but, historically, Hungary "officially" entered the war on the Axis side one year later when it joined the invasion of Yugoslavia.
:?:

I am also given a free paratrooper unit, but there is no message informing me about this...

turn 9
Invasion of England begins.

turn 10
It does not go as expected. My transport ship is attacked by a previously unseen destroyer. Still I press on with the invasion.

Hm. Spain is on my side as well now. No message about this, though. So maybe it happened earlier.

turn 11
"Italy has joined our side" - this time there is a message, which is good.

turn 12
England, Gibraltar, nearly all of China is mine.

First test, final thoughts:

It would be nice to get more messages e.g.: "Belgium declares war on you and mobilizes its armed forces" after I place a unit on Belgian territory.

My train got stuck south of Berlin. A closer inspection with the editor revealed that railway lines are not connected at a number of places even though they seem to be ok in normal map mode:

This should be corrected as it is quite confusing.

Other than that, very interesting scenario so far. The player has to make many decisions, where to attack, who to avoid, what to purchase etc.
It is a good feeling to conquer the whole world but I think it should be a bit harder to do so. The whole Royal Navy shall not be busy shelling my ground units stationed in Europe, but to guard the seas and the British Isles. And they definitely need more destroyers to counter the "U-boat peril".

And here is my savegame at turn 12, if interested:
http://rapidshare.com/share/AE9AD8DD05F ... B6A1CB6500
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
BiteNibbleChomp

Interesting first year :)

Finland, China & Japan: Not that great at adding graphics, and the Chinese and Japanese were from bebro's IJA mod and naturesheva's Sino-Japanese War mod. Thought it would be best to use "Blue Germany" in place of Finland. When Soviet Corps comes out I may be able to fix this up (depends if they add Finland) I'm not to sure that bebro and naturesheva used sounds for China and IJ's units either.

I see you were quite smart about Moscow. It is never to be attacked in 1939 -> Some of the Red army is already waiting for you behind the invisible river surrounding the Russian Border including a decently strong engineer in Moscow itself. When they are attacked they get 2500pp, mostly to reinforce their current army, but what is stopping them from buying 40 conscript units or 5 T-34s.

Those ships are the convoy route: Keep U-Boats there and the Allied prestige will plummet (though they keep enough to hold China if Japan doesn't push incredibly hard)

Marseilles being Vichy is just a representation - Vichy never had anthing much of an army, let alone one >10 divisions in size, the scale of units in Europe and China. If you invade it nothing is going to happen, but there is little benefit in striking, they are "neutral" and don't provide anything in the form of prestige.

I just checked that Hungary actually entered in Nov 40 following its signing of the Tripartite pact. probably misread something - I do hope to fix this.

The Paras - what did you use them for? They are actually intended for Norway, which if conquered provides a nice, juicy 50pp a turn (nearly another half of what you get in 1939). Probably should add a message, indicating that launching Operation Weserubung is advisable.

Spain: Franco joins you when you invade the UK, so you didn't miss anything. At this stage the Allies will be told but the Axis have no message.

UK: The naval forces in this scenario have movements of 16-25 (Transports still have 4-6), so I am not surprised that you got struck at. I suggest using Italy's navy to strike the Suez Canal which is holding a bunch of ships, and then finally obliterating the RN in the Atlantic. Don't know why it is being silly and bombing France - it is set to defend convoy route and Zone 3 (Brit Isles)

Not sure what to do with the railroads, it may end up that trains are removed from play.

And no, it is NOT easy to get the whole world (though 1/2 of it doesnt matter anyway - Africa below Egypt, South America, Siberia except Irkutsk). I bet you are looking forward to striking at the Pacific.
America and Russia are your two greatest foes, bring in 200 and 110 prestige in each turn for the Allies, respectively. That and the Red Army which can quite easily beat off even the most determined attack if it is fought with raw recruits.

Keep on charging at the UK - then Russia and Egypt!
- BNC
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

I just checked that Hungary actually entered in Nov 40 following its signing of the Tripartite pact. probably misread something - I do hope to fix this.
True, but turn 7 is May 1940, which is way too early. And Hungary did not take part in military actions until April 1941, the invasion of Yugoslavia. It also joined Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union, one week later than the other Axis countries (but, this is a minor issue given that one turn is one month in your scenario). So I think, Nov '40 or April '41 would be definitely better than May '40. But, on the other hand, the player shall not attack these countries (Romania, Hungary) in the early turns as they were generally friendly to Germany. Maybe a message would be helpful here as well, hinting which countries are friendly and can be expected to join the Axis later.

Still, IMO the best option would be to make these countries Axis as well from the beginning, and then make their units available for purchase at a given date. Same as you did with Italy, which is a very original idea. Even so, as my earlier tests showed that units with a neutral flag (e.g. in this case Hungary) cannot capture enemy (Allied) objectives, even though their side (alligiance) is set to Axis.
Finland, China & Japan: Not that great at adding graphics,
I can add Finland to your scenario, no problem. Soon I will post a download link here then you can decide wheter you want to use it or not.
I'm not to sure that bebro and naturesheva used sounds for China and IJ's units either.
Not sure about the chinese, but quite sure that bebro has added sounds and animations to his IJN campaign as I played it through. Anyway, I can add these as well, no problem.
Those ships are the convoy route: Keep U-Boats there and the Allied prestige will plummet
Great. How 'bout adding a message or something, so that the poor player would know it? :wink:
The Paras - what did you use them for? They are actually intended for Norway...
I dropped them on Manchester and they took it effortlessly. I have not considered taking Norway, as it does not have a city set as primary objective. Maybe there should be one?
Probably should add a message, indicating that launching Operation Weserubung is advisable.
Sure, as I wrote earlier more messages would be helpful, just to orientate the player. Then he can decide wheter to follow the advise or not.
Not sure what to do with the railroads, it may end up that trains are removed from play.
Please do not remove them. It is very easy to fix the missing connections. Just load the scenario in the editor, press space to see the actual map under the overlays and then Edit -> Terrain Features -> choose the railway (black line) and correct the missing connections. If you press space again you return to normal (game) map mode and can check if you did it correctly.
UK: The naval forces in this scenario have movements of 16-25 (Transports still have 4-6), so I am not surprised that you got struck at. I suggest using Italy's navy to strike the Suez Canal which is holding a bunch of ships, and then finally obliterating the RN in the Atlantic. Don't know why it is being silly and bombing France - it is set to defend convoy route and Zone 3 (Brit Isles)
Ah, now I see. You left AI behaviour at 'default' and set AI zone 'zone 3' - but, in this case the AI zone does not work, unfortunately. If you hover the mouse arrow over the question mark next to the AI zone parameter it says: 'Used by Move to, Patrol, Random Patrol'. Thus I suggest adding Random Patrol or Patrol to AI behaviour. Short explanation:

Move To: the unit will move to the closest hex of the given zone, then change to the side's default behaviour.
Patrol: the unit will move to the closest hex of the given zone, then move to the next closest etc. Then it starts it all over again.
Random Patrol: the unit will move to a random hex of the given zone then to the next random hex, etc.

In either case the unit should and will engage enemy units within its sight.

Keep on charging at the UK
I already took it, and yeah next step would be N Africa and USSR after buying some more decent units. However, I think I will restart instead when a newer version comes out.
:wink:
ImageImage
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Hi BNC,

For the Chinese & Japanese units, I do have another set for bigunits pictures, which is similar to vanilla style, I can send that to you.
Movement and attack sounds for these units are in Graphics\efx.pzdat.

I don't have enough time to go through the whole game currently, however, I may give you some suggestions based on the map file.

* For Chinese units, my suggestion is: You can choose 5 of the ones I did, Regular army, Calvary, Northern army, Southern army & Guerrilla army. That's based on history. At that time, although China can be seen as one country, there's still a lot of warlords in many remote provinces. So expect the regular army controlled by the central government, we can roughly divided the other Chinese army into Northern, Southern & Guerrilla (Communist), of course they are relatively poorly equipped.
* I saw you used the units setting I made for the Chinese & Japanese units. However, in my mod, only Chinese & Japanese are involved, so the setting may not be appropriate to work with other countries (Vanilla setting).
My suggestion is, the Japanese units should be weaker than US units, similar level as France/Italy, the Chinese units should be much weaker than Japanese units. But the Chinese units should have the similar setting to the Russian Conscripts, with a max. strength at 15 or more. In the history, the Japanese army always face at least double the number of Chinese soldiers. That's another reason why After 1938, Japanese didn't capture too many areas in China, and this war keeps going for more than 8 years before Japanese surrounded.
* At the beginning of this map, japan should had more elite units in Manchuria, at least 3 HW units in my understanding. In history, they always have around 500-700K elite soldiers in Manchria at that time.
* USSR should have their troops in far east as well. Right opposite to the Japanese Manchurian Army.

I also find there're some minor errors on the map, like Kunming is not in its right location.

Just some personal ideas. Overall, I must say that's a great map to play. I can see there's great potentials in it! Please keep the work going!

Naturesheva
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Finland, China & Japan: Not that great at adding graphics, and the Chinese and Japanese were from bebro's IJA mod and naturesheva's Sino-Japanese War mod. Thought it would be best to use "Blue Germany" in place of Finland. When Soviet Corps comes out I may be able to fix this up (depends if they add Finland) I'm not to sure that bebro and naturesheva used sounds for China and IJ's units either.
I can add Finland to your scenario, no problem. Soon I will post a download link here then you can decide wheter you want to use it or not. Not sure about the chinese, but quite sure that bebro has added sounds and animations to his IJN campaign as I played it through. Anyway, I can add these as well, no problem.
So here is a zip containing all these things. What it does:

- adds Finland as the 34. nation to the your beta scenario, after China and Japan
- adds basic units for Finland
- adds the missing movement and attack sounds and animations to the Chinese and Japanese units currently present in your beta scenario
- as a little extra it adds custom basic units to Hungary and Romania to replace the generic vanilla units

here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/share/C94B7865681 ... 4B3C847EF1
(when redirected click "to Download")
ImageImage
BiteNibbleChomp

naturesheva wrote:* I saw you used the units setting I made for the Chinese & Japanese units. However, in my mod, only Chinese & Japanese are involved, so the setting may not be appropriate to work with other countries (Vanilla setting).
My suggestion is, the Japanese units should be weaker than US units, similar level as France/Italy, the Chinese units should be much weaker than Japanese units. But the Chinese units should have the similar setting to the Russian Conscripts, with a max. strength at 15 or more. In the history, the Japanese army always face at least double the number of Chinese soldiers. That's another reason why After 1938, Japanese didn't capture too many areas in China, and this war keeps going for more than 8 years before Japanese surrounded.
* At the beginning of this map, japan should had more elite units in Manchuria, at least 3 HW units in my understanding. In history, they always have around 500-700K elite soldiers in Manchria at that time.
* USSR should have their troops in far east as well. Right opposite to the Japanese Manchurian Army.

I also find there're some minor errors on the map, like Kunming is not in its right location.

Just some personal ideas. Overall, I must say that's a great map to play. I can see there's great potentials in it! Please keep the work going!

Naturesheva
- I was aware that the Japanese troops were very good, even at battles like Okinawa, where they were considerably outnumbered. The Italians have one of the worst units in the game, so it makes little sense to make Japan equal to Italy. Japan should still hold a fighting chance against a US 43 Infantry. I have found China a fair bit too easy to conquer, so they will probably be lifted to str 17 or similar.

Thinking about Siberian Russia - the troops that will end up there will only be shown in game when Zone 5 (Siberia) is invaded - not necesarily by Japan (Germany could come in across Chelyabinsk and Sverdlovsk!)

--------------------

I have added your files to the mod, McGuba, and when I update the file (tomorrow), you will see your great work of Finland there, and many more fixes. I found out when experimenting with an unreleased ( and not going to be ...) updated version of Panzer Fury that if say Hungary occupies a Russian city with an Axis unit, it still can trigger a victory condition - even if Hungary itself isn't Axis. This allows me to work out what countries should have the ability to purchase more units. I don't really want the AI preferring to purchase Romanian units over Germans just because they are cheaper, so I have to make it that only Germany, Italy and Japan can purchase, with Italy only after they enter the war.

The US have a similar unit action to Italy, with most units opening 3 turns before Pearl Harbour, thus allowing minimal time to build up an army, while not leaving the West Coast Victory Points unguarded.

- BNC
BiteNibbleChomp

McGuba wrote:
- Beta testers, be sure to check your PM inbox thing - any feedback is best sent through the main forum though.
Thank you for sending me the beta version.

Difficulty:
General

When I start the sceanario I get a message:
"To win capture all objectives"
Fair enough, that's quite simple.
In case you do not know you can make scenario objectives visible between turns by text editing some of the first lines of the of the scenario pzloc file:

IDS_SCEN_AXIS_CAM_OBJECTIVES
IDS_SCEN_AXIS_SCN_OBJECTIVES
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_CAM_OBJECTIVES
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_SCN_OBJECTIVES

e.g. in case of the vanilla poland scenario it looks like this:

IDS_SCEN_AXIS_CAM_OBJECTIVES <i>Decisive Victory:</i><br/>Capture all objectives with at least 5 turns remaining.<br/><br/><i>Marginal Victory:</i><br/>Capture all objectives.
IDS_SCEN_AXIS_SCN_OBJECTIVES Capture all objectives.
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_CAM_OBJECTIVES Hold at least 1 objective.
IDS_SCEN_ALLIED_SCN_OBJECTIVES Hold at least 1 objective.

It might be a good idea to add Decisive and Marginal aims as well, for instance for a Marginal victory it would be enough to conquer half the world only.

It might be a good idea to make Axis and Allied units face each other. It can be done in the editor in Edit/Scenario Parameters/Sides - Unit orientation. The default setting is Right - Right for both Axis and Allies. Right - Left (or the opposite) would be more "natural", I guess.

Movement and attack sounds are currently missing for the added japanese and chinese units. Hopefully these will be added later as well.

A bit strange to have b&w photos as bigunit pictures for these added custom units, while still having the original 3D images for the vanilla units. I understand that you do not have 3D images for these units, though. I had the same problem while making my mod, but I prefer having a consistent look and feel, so having no better alternative I changed all the vanilla bigunit pictures to b&w photos. This way the old and newly added units go together better, I think. A b&w vanilla unit pack is available for download from here:
viewtopic.php?t=30178

Finland should be added as well as a new nation with its proper flag.
OK, I have been going through the mod and fixing up/ adding stuff based on results from Beta v0.80 (currently released version). The game doesn't seem to want to display my Victory Conditions on the screen between turns, so it may end up just how it is in the beta, a message on Turn 1 and for the Allied A-Bomb Victory a message in 1945.

Units aren't good at facing each other -> in Poland they need to be facing the complete opposite way to in China, so either one lot if facing away from the other or I make them both be looking at the edge of the map.

Naturesheva, you mentioned something about Kunming's location. I wasn't sure where to put this (mostly Strategic Command Global Conflict's map and an atlas were used as a guide - not really good at predicting it's position) if anyone thinks it should be moved to another (nearby) tile, I would find the co-ordinates being placed here quite helpful.

Chinese Infantry are now set to have their standard strength 17, similar to the Russian Conscript. Did a short playtest and found that this makes China much more of a difficult target, no more 1940 conquest of them! :evil:

And updates to the main files:

- McGuba's files he posted recently have been added
- Finland now has units and functions as a country
- UK now defends convoy route more intensely
- U-Boats likely to strike convoys.
- China no longer easy to conquer
- More Japanese in Manchuria
- Hungary opens on turn 17 instead of 7
- Far more messages to guide the 1939-41 Axis player with operations involving Norway, Spain and Finland
- Fixed up rail network

And still to do:
- US Pacific reinforcements after 1942 (somehow forgot these before I released v0.80)
- More USSR units in Siberia
- Kunming to be moved (but to where?...)
- Any more bugs/issues with v0.80 that I am notified about soon to be fixed
- Release of v0.81

When I put up .81, I will still be accepting new beta testers. Please let me know if you are interested (even if only to test a certain mechanic). The more feedback I get the better!

I still expect to release the final thing on the 20th December!

- BNC
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

I've find a map which might be helpful for you for setting the units location in Asia-pacific area.

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Also, here's a map of china at that time, I've marked some major cities in southern area. I hope that can help a bit.

BiteNibbleChomp

Beta testers will now be able to collect v0.81. You will need to download both files and then combine the audio files with the other stuff.

I have PMed VPaulus and he is going to add this mod to the sticky where many other campaigns and scenarios can be found.

Note with v0.81: Iwo Jima and Okinawa are now a land hex and a port each, with the port the hex with a flag on it, and the clear being just northwest of it. These 2 bases contribute very little to your prestige (0 other than the amount you gain when capturing them for the first time - US only)

I still expect a 20 December release.

Any questions, just post! I am happy to answer anything about this mod now (nothing is still a secret, but there are things I have not specially revealed)
- BNC
BiteNibbleChomp

We are still looking at a 20th Dec. release.

I have a few things still to fix:

- Map loop doesn't sent units across map (learnt a trick in Afrikakorps that may work in this case
- A couple of IJN ships appear German
- U-Boats attacking convoys takes 20pp off multiple times, leaving the Allies with amounts like -700pp

Once this is done, I will be able to make a trailer to show off some of the best bits in action, then release!

Any questions, just ask me on here or through a PM. The beta is pretty much done with as I have addressed most issues in the game.

- BNC

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”