Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v1.7

Post by glaude1955 »

This is true for the first 3 scenarios but for the last 99 laps in Barbarossa, it is better to wait to have lost enough units to be able to buy another (to not waste the prestige that will be very useful later) .
You really lose much to finally have the right to purchase, but it is better not to see appear this possibility too soon.
Aminius
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Aminius »

hi
somehow i dont get your mod to work properly. everything installs correct but no matter what i do there is nowhere where i can buy ships or subs.
do i need some extra mob or something to get it to work?
thanks
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Aminius wrote:hi
somehow i dont get your mod to work properly. everything installs correct but no matter what i do there is nowhere where i can buy ships or subs.
thanks
The sub is provided automatically every 10 turns, no need to buy them.
Large warships are provided at certain times of the game.

Also at the beginning of Barbarossa scenario, all core slots are occupied.
We must wait for any loss or sacrifice of valid units. (Not recommended)
Yves
Aminius

Post by Aminius »

glaude1955 wrote:
Aminius wrote:hi
thanks
The sub is provided automatically every 10 turns, no need to buy them.
Large warships are provided at certain times of the game.

Also at the beginning of Barbarossa scenario, all core slots are occupied.
We must wait for any loss or sacrifice of valid units. (Not recommended)
Yves
oh i thought with a map like this it would be impossible that you cant buy them. must be a bug or that the mod isnt working correctly.
ok then i will try it like this.
cicciopastic
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by cicciopastic »

Uhu wrote:False. :) You can sell units between scenarios with D button (if that was the question) and you get full prestige for them, if they are on full strenght. But because between scenarios, green replacement is free, it is no problem.
I always sell and buy several core units after Poland, see the tipps section.
yup!

i did it ! thanks a lot ... do u get a lot of advantage to do all the 3 mini scenarios before barbarossa ... i accidentally lost a fighter in poland (plz don't ask) so i have to do it again ...

just a question ... i have the impression that the foghters range is miscalculates? ... yes i lost my second fighter becose it could not manage to go back to base (first time ever in my life!)

McGuba ... are u still around? .... did u see my questions hereafter?
cicciopastic wrote:
some general questions ...

- now that the module seems to be very complete, why don't u try to make a version 2.0 where u try to balance the game for 2 players???? i would love to play it mayself in hotseat mode!!!!
- another chanche would be to take the opportunity to develop a WWI Battlefiled!!!!!! (I know there is already a WWI mod, but not on such a strategic view)

i just played 3-4 turns on barbarossa ... just to get the feeling of it ... it must be really fantastis by what i could see
congrats, cheers
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Yes, I am still "around" :wink:

It is just activity here is somewhat variable. Sometimes several posts a day and then nothing for weeks. But luckily the other players are also around and help people out. :D
cicciopastic wrote:do u get a lot of advantage to do all the 3 mini scenarios before barbarossa
If you are good you can possibly save more prestige than you would get if you start with Barbarossa. Also, some of your core units might get a good hero by then or at least accumulate several kills so that they would get the first hero earlier then they would otherwise as all Axis units start Barbarossa with 0 kills.

But the main advantage is that new players can get used to the modified unit stats and game mechanics, like dedicated land transports, new recon and other new units, new multipurpose units and stuff like that. So basically it is an extended tutorial which helps players to perform better in the big scenario. Later, when experienced players want to replay just the big scenario and try a different strategy these can be skipped.
cicciopastic wrote:i have the impression that the foghters range is miscalculates?
I did not change anything in this regard. PzC should always notify players when they should return their air units to a friendly base to avoid running out of fuel. All I can think is that in the same turn you have already moved another friendly air unit to the only hex which it could have reached for refueling. Or you just did not move (or click on) that air unit in the previous turn so you did not realize that it needs to return to base. Make sure you go through all your air units before clicking the end turn button. It is especially important in the big scenario where it is easy to forget to move a few units due to the large map and the numerous units.
i just ended the polish schenario saving a huge amount of prestige, but when i start the second scenario i don't get this prestige back .... is that correct? the same seems to happen with core units: the old ones are gone when i start france
You have to play the mod in campaign mode to carry over the prestige and the units from one scenario to the next. So you have to start it from the new campaign and not from the new scenario screen. The new campaign screen is the one where you have the photos for each campaign start position: the three tanks and the bomber. In the new scenario screen there are only the maps.
now that the module seems to be very complete, why don't u try to make a version 2.0 where u try to balance the game for 2 players?
Yes, I do have such plans, which might realize in the near future, however, I am always busy making a new version for single player as I keep getting new ideas and feedback from players like you. Which is of course fantastic, but I just cannot get away from it and start something new. :roll:
another chanche would be to take the opportunity to develop a WWI Battlefiled!
Yes, BNC has done it before and you can also try the official Commander: The Great War game which is quite similar in scope. So for now I do not have such plans. Maybe later, when I will retire and will have a lot of free time. But it will not happen for a while. :wink:
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

McGuba wrote:Yes, I am still "around" :wink:
cicciopastic wrote:i have the impression that the foghters range is miscalculates?
I did not change anything in this regard. PzC should always notify players when they should return their air units to a friendly base to avoid running out of fuel. All I can think is that in the same turn you have already moved another friendly air unit to the only hex which it could have reached for refueling. Or you just did not move (or click on) that air unit in the previous turn so you did not realize that it needs to return to base. Make sure you go through all your air units before clicking the end turn button. It is especially important in the big scenario where it is easy to forget to move a few units due to the large map and the numerous units.
ok ... i re-played it without loosing any core unit ... the only guess i can try is that i forget to move it for a turn (though very strange). ... bat it's ok now!
McGuba wrote:
now that the module seems to be very complete, why don't u try to make a version 2.0 where u try to balance the game for 2 players?
Yes, I do have such plans, which might realize in the near future, however, I am always busy making a new version for single player as I keep getting new ideas and feedback from players like you. Which is of course fantastic, but I just cannot get away from it and start something new. :roll:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
pleeeeeeeeeeese yes yes yes

McGuba for president now! :mrgreen:
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Anybody, who is interested to see, how I made:
- DV in 50 turn on Rommel difficulty
- DV from McGuba's Kursk pre-save v1.6 (Rommel diff, prestige manually calculated)
Finally, at least, I packed my customized equipment, etc. files together, so if you download and install them on the existing BE 1.7 version, you can either play with my slightly custmized stat files and a few different icons plus you can look the replays. Without the modified files, it is not possible to view the replays either.
https://panzercorps.wordpress.com/2016/ ... s-replays/

I hope, I packed everything in, please report back, if it works!
Last edited by Uhu on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Uhu wrote:Anybody, who is interested to see, how I made:
- DV in 50 turn on Rommel difficulty
- DV from McGuba's Kursk pre-save (Rommel diff, prestige manually calculated)
Finally, at least, I packed my customized equipment, etc. files together, so if you download and install them on the existing BE 1.7 version, you can either play with my slightly custmized stat files and a few different icons plus you can look the replays. Without the modified files, it is not possible to view the replays either.
https://panzercorps.wordpress.com/2016/ ... s-replays/

I hope, I packed everything in, please report back, if it works!
Hello Uhu,

Initial tests seem conclusive.
Thank you for sharing your experience and your work.

Regards

Yves
P210
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by P210 »

Must resist the urge to start new campaign.

Resistance is futile.

ETA of v1.8?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

P210 wrote:ETA of v1.8?
Hopefully it is coming soon. I am making the usual historical test play and at around turn 60-65. Hard to say when I can release, hopefully within the next two weeks. So far I am pleased. It will be better, but possibly harder than any previous versions.
ImageImage
Ceek
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ceek »

Just two weeks away and harder than any previous version? Can't wait!
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

McGuba wrote:
P210 wrote:ETA of v1.8?
Hopefully it is coming soon. I am making the usual historical test play and at around turn 60-65. Hard to say when I can release, hopefully within the next two weeks. So far I am pleased. It will be better, but possibly harder than any previous versions.
Wow, i will have to get on with my current campaign before you release 1.08. RL has a bad habit of stepping in sometimes and ruining my plans!
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

I love this campaign so much. McGuba, your work is absolutely stellar. However, I have a few friendly questions:

First, forgive me as I've been out of country and am just now getting back after many months and am able to play again.

After a few playthroughs, I've noticed a few things about 1.7 as opposed to 1.6.

Where are the other mountain artillery units, for Romania and Wehrmacht?
What happened to Romanian transport, such as for engineers?
Do the Allies spawn destroyers every turn? I've killed literally 100 and there are still more.
Why are Allied subs more numerous in number, and more difficult to sink?
Why is there no event message when Stalingrad is captured, or when all 3 cities of Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad are occupied?
Where are some units available on the board, but not available for upgrade/purchase?

That's all I can think of for now...
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

slowgtp wrote:...Why is there no event message when Stalingrad is captured, or when all 3 cities of Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad are occupied?...
I think you need to also need to occupy Caucasia?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

McGuba wrote it, there is not enough zones, that is the cause, that Stalingrad has no event message.
On the other hand, capturing theses 3 cities has not any extra effect (beyond the effects of capturing Leningrad and/or Moscow).
Taking the Caucasus is a different story: it is not a must for victory, "just" for prestige income per turn and extra prestige gift, when captured the whole.
StefanDK wrote:
slowgtp wrote:...Why is there no event message when Stalingrad is captured, or when all 3 cities of Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad are occupied?...
I think you need to also need to occupy Caucasia?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

slowgtp wrote:I love this campaign so much. McGuba, your work is absolutely stellar. However, I have a few friendly questions:

First, forgive me as I've been out of country and am just now getting back after many months and am able to play again.

After a few playthroughs, I've noticed a few things about 1.7 as opposed to 1.6.
Hi,

as with all other versions there are changes between them. That's why they have a different version number. :wink:

But seriously, with each consecutive version I try to make it more and more accurate historically, while also try to keep it entertaining and well balanced. Also thanks to the numerous players I keep getting suggestions, many of them finding their way to a later version if they make sense. But, as Uhu pointed out, the biggest limitation is the 32 AI zones so now I cannot really add new events or more historical battles and stuff like that as those would require more AI zones.
Where are the other mountain artillery units, for Romania and Wehrmacht?
As far as I remember the Wehrmacht had no mountain artillery in any previous versions. Romania lost it as for some reason I found it weird that they had when Germany had none. Also I revised the number of active/servicable artillery guns of each nation and decided that each artillery unit on the map should represent 1.000 actual artillery guns to make their numbers comparable. And in 1941 Romania had around 2.000, thus it should only have two artillery units on the map. For the same reason Finland also lost one artillery in v1.7 as they had just over a thousand guns in 1941. (Note that these nations had a number of different artillery guns in service so I just picked the most numerous one(s) to represent all the rest.) As a compensation, Germany has 1-2(?) more artillery units than in the previous versions, which also reflects historical numbers.
What happened to Romanian transport, such as for engineers?
I decided to remove most transports from Romania as historically they had few and they had limited industrial capacity to produce more at home. The Minor Axis nations in general had very little motorization. They typically had 1-2 armoured divisions which were fully motorized with the rest of their armed forces largely unmotorized. Most of their foot soldiers marched and most of their guns were towed by horses. :? However, they did have some cavalry divisions.
Do the Allies spawn destroyers every turn? I've killed literally 100 and there are still more.

No, but they do get a lot indeed. Historically Germany had only 22 destroyers in 1939 and had another 19 entering service by the end of the war. As a comparison, Britain had 184 destroyers in service in 1939 and comissioned another 277 by 1945, meaning they had 461(!) in total in service during the war so they had more than 10 times more than Germany. This huge numerical imparity should be reflected in the mod accordingly.
Why are Allied subs more numerous in number, and more difficult to sink?
This will be somewhat changed in v1.8, i.e. the British will have less and Germany will have more submarines. The ratios will be closer to real life. Allied naval units (not just submarines), are genarally better for both gameplay and historical reasons. The gameplay reason is that the AI is not very good in handling naval units. PzC is mainly about ground war, so the AI is more polished for that. You wrote that you managed to destroy a "hundred" destroyers. The AI is simply unable to do the same against a human player so it needs some boost to even the odds for a challenging gameplay.

The historical reason is that the Allies were ahead of the Axis in radar technology: the British and the Americans managed to install radars on even on their smaller units, submarines and destroyers in large numbers as early as 1941, but the Germans could only put radars on their battleships initially and the Italians had no radars at all until the Germans had started to give them some in 1942. Even those had inferior performance, which resulted in a number of losses. For example British cruisers managed to shadow the Bismarck for hundreds of miles and vector reinforcements, thanks to their superior radars, which resulted in the sinking of that ship. Also, radar equipped British destroyers managed to sink several larger Italian cruisers at night with torpedoes who did not even knew what hit them.
Why is there no event message when Stalingrad is captured, or when all 3 cities of Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad are occupied?
I could not assign an AI zone to Stalingrad as I ran out of them. Players only get a message when all of the Soviet Union surrenders.
Where are some units available on the board, but not available for upgrade/purchase?
Mainly for gameplay balance. But also for historical accuracy. For example Fallschirmjagers were rare units: in 1941 there was only one German paratrooper division as opposed to the total 190 German divisions. So it should not be available for purchase or upgrade. Units equipped with captured French or other equipment cannot be upgraded as historically these used this kind of equipment throughout the war (historical reason) and it could unbalance the mod if players would be able to upgrade these to better German equipment (game balance reason).
ImageImage
Gfm_von_Metz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Gfm_von_Metz »

hi,
sorry for my maybe greenhorn question, but is this mod also available for the ipad version?
it looks so great...
thank you for a quick reply!
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

No, you need to have the Windows PC version, either Steam or non-Steam.
As far as I know you cannot use mods at all for the iPad version.
ImageImage
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I was tempted again in the war... :shock: :)

Two new achivements:

DV from Kursk save 1.7 (Rommel difficulty)
I made already with 1.6, but I wanted to see the difference. Not a surprise, it was again harder. :) Still, with many reloads, I could do it in the very last turn. What I noticed the wast number of Soviet aircrafts! (With the turn 50 speed mode, I did not noticed the late war circumstances earlier.) I don't know, how it will turn out, when even these numbers will be raised in 1.8 Maybe it will be too much, creating an enviroment as in Wester Europe. As I know, ever the later war Soviet air power was not so dominant as the Anglo-American side. It is said, the huge area prevented also the intensive air dominancy.

Draw from Normandy save 1.7 (General difficulty)
I made already a nice draw with this version and manually calculated half amount of prestige - simulating Rommel difficulty. Now, I targeted something different: can be made an MV, by defeating the Soviets? The answer: no. Maybe if the Finns would not quit the war, there would be some chance for it. But the player do not have the resources to capture Leningrad so quick. BUT! I could make a really favorable Draw, by capturing Moscow and Leningrad in the very last turn!! :lol: For me, the play experience in General difficulty was a real comforted feeling. I had always the prestige, where I needed. OK, I couldn't buy new equipment until the last few turns, but it was not so frustrating as on Rommel. Still, I made a significant mistake, which could make a difference (not a difference for an MV, but still): I sent my surface fleet to the direction of Leningrad to help in the upcoming siege. But they couldn't get to the city, so they stayed there doing nothing. I know, it's a high luck factor story, but maybe, if I would sent them to the nort-west to decimate the destroyers, maybe I could earn more prestige by parking the remaining few u-boats on the convoy routes.
Last edited by Uhu on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”