[Mod] Amulet Mod - Units/Graphics/Sound Mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Messmann
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

[Mod] Amulet Mod - Units/Graphics/Sound Mod

Post by Messmann »

Amulet Mod 3.30
by Messmann

Type: Comprehensive unit, graphics and sound mod, at this time for German units only. Redux sound mod is incorporated.

Video-Presentation of the Mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b85do_e1lQ

Description:

The Amulet Mod is arguably the most profound and encompassing mod for German units. It features:

- 122 new units

- 207 new switch options for multipurpose units

- purchasable Elite units.

In addition to this, sounds and animations have been refined, incorporating the redux sound mod of VPaulus and my own sounds and animations. Apart from a few airplanes, desert camouflage is implemented as well.

With this mod, you will be able to switch each artillery unit (at least most of them) to anti-tank function. The similar applies to anti-aircraft weapons, which may be switched to light artillery weapons. While these functions are more or less supplementary, there are also many new units as well. Examples include an airfield building unit, pioneers equipped with boats, devastating commandos, fortified infantry and a huge choice of transports and a "swimming" car.

With Elite units you get the option to acquire more expensive, but also more refined and better troops. These "Elite" units are available for any German unit in the game, and can be easily identified due to their different camouflage scheme. This gives you the opportunity to start scenarios with a highly refined core, which may be helpful for more advanced scenarios and mods.

Also, all normal land units are available as bonus SE units - in this case with better stats and slightly higher costs, to signify their unique nature. Except for airplanes, each land unit is available as bonus SE unit. As a sidenote, each picture of German units has been replaced with original wartime photography now.

Many ideas have come together to form this modification. A complete 60pages manual gives you an overview over all changes, together with a sophisticated unit description, a tactics guide and some suggestions for choosing difficulty settings. If you want to change anything, you may do so as well: The equipment and efx file are sorted in a manner which allows for easy modification.

The whole thing started as kind of a joke, Amulet being an ironic abbreviation for "Advanced Multipurpose Units and Limited EliTes". But over time, I added more and more changes now and then. Now, since the work is completed, I would like to express thanks to those who were willing to share icons, sounds and ideas on this forum and elsewhere. These are guille, bebro, asuser, vpaulus, airbornemongo, many others and the team of designmodproject.de.

Requirements and Compatibility Notes: Panzer Corps Version 1.14 necessary, newest version 1.23 recommended.

Former Amulet Mod Versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2) are only partly compatible.

Should be compatible with GTPG campaign mod and Legacy of Versailles. There are early German units available, and all units are available up until the end of 1947.

Last Version: Amulet Mod 3.30
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/63vqfvcj ... 0.rar/file

The following link is for the download of the old version Amulet Mod 3.20:
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/86m6ojn3 ... 0.rar/file

The following link is for the download of the old version Amulet Mod 3.10:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vsggw5m39 ... 0.rar/file
Last edited by Messmann on Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=63616&p=541656#p541656
Messmann

Re: [Mod] Amulet Mod - Units/Graphics/Sound Mod

Post by Messmann »

-Reserved-
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

This is my propaganda video for the Amulet Mod ;) It took some while, but it has been released recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b85do_e1lQ

It gives you an overview over all the features, and provides you with examples of units, tactics and sounds.

:)
testarossa
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by testarossa »

Very nice mod. I think will result in a more realistic combined corp. Significant enhancement to the overall abilities of a balanced corp. To use with existing Panzer Corp and DLC's will require the player to increase difficulty to maintain balance. Is there a text file to document all changes, new units, etc?
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

It is a beautiful and very worthy mod to be sure. A significant contribution to Panzer Corps and we all benefit from Messman's generous efforts. :)
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

testarossa wrote:To use with existing Panzer Corp and DLC's will require the player to increase difficulty to maintain balance. Is there a text file to document all changes, new units, etc?
You are right! It is surely recommended to upgrade difficulty a little. For example, in my own test games, I played DLC 39 at field marshall, new rules 1.20 with softcap and 200 % AI Prestige.

There is a detailed documentation already. It is included in the download file. This description is really detailed, with values of each unit, how to handle new units and hints for tactics. It also deals with difficulty settings and probable outcomes of certain settings, as far as I have experienced it.

I just had to have a detailed description for myself, too. I just needed to keep track of where I was at. Modding makes your head spin at times. :)

P.S.:
Thinking about the mod in general, I could include more units. I was thinking about "fictitous" E series tanks, the special tanks and t 34 tanks of Flakfernrohr, and a broader range of air planes. But at this moment, I am in a creative pause, so I will not be able to promise anything...
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Messmann, The E series tanks would really be nice to add to the mod along with other units that have been made. Guille is making some new Soviet units and most all of them are the Object type of armor that would be worth opponents of the E series tanks.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

Messmann,

Thank you, what a fantastic mod! I'm really enjoying my grand campaign using your mod, great work. Although I've barely scratched the surface I did have some early questions.

Questions:
are SE units available to purchase? I can't see them in the unit purchase screen (only normal and EL);
the mobile airfield unit / improvised airstrip - only works when plane is directly above airfield?
no grenadier units are available - correct?
i did receive a few SE units during the game, but for one Panzer IVD it plays some funny music each time i select it, is it correct?

Thanks again for your fine work, Messmann.
ckraiderfan1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

You can not buy SE units in this mod. The mobile air field only has 1 hex for refueling because it has a smaller capacity for planes. There are Grenadier units but they are SE units they show up In one of the scenarios in 44 west. Its playing the Panzer march song because they are SS tank units. The SE infantry has a different song
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

ok understood, thanks for your reply.
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

I am really enjoying this mod. I try to follow the GD division core and this mod helps me a lot with that.

Anyway I reached the Reims scenario in 1940 and the FlaK 88 in a SdKfz 8 shows up. Cool unit.

BUT I have to say that the unit disapointed me since it has a AT / Artillery switch option. I was expecting a FlaK - AT.

I can change that by myself but I think most people would think as me and want that change.

Is more correct the AT-Arty or I am right and for a Flak 88 the FlaK-AT role would do more common sense? I know that a truly role would be Arty/AT/FlaK but since the game only let you use 2 roles I think is better the AT-FlaK since the artillery damage can be reached with the AT role. Maybe even more balanced since giving a supression effect is too much for this unit :lol: :mrgreen:
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

That bothered me as well with this unit. Technically it should be all three!!! Flak, AT and Aty. The Germans were famous for lobbing flak shells low over the enemy positions it was like shooting a 60 pound hand grenade. That's why the American soldiers hated the 88's so much
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

The problem i see is that it only has 1 of range. The same for the AT role. A Stug looks better at that range. If it had 2-3 range like the howitzers it wouldn't look so weird when pointing to the air xP
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

I think the Aty side of the unit is more for defense like if you have an infantry unit guarding a bridge with this behind it and it gets attacked the flak unit
will act as support artillery I believe
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

I know, it's just that if you are gonna give this big gun a range of 1 then the icon shouldn't be aiming so high. Maybe 45º or point right to the front like when AT.

For me looks weird. :?
FlaK 88.jpg
FlaK 88.jpg (100.68 KiB) Viewed 30672 times
That's why i think it should have or a higher range while in arty mode Or change to AAA mode but anyway the range has to be edited.
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

I put a request in to make a new unit icon for you that only has a slightly elevated barrel for Aty mod :)
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

Well that's awesome then...with those icons I will make both units then: AT-Arty and AT-Flak.

Thanks ^^

EDIT: Now i think about it, i think is possible to have the 3 modes AT-Flak-Arty...since when you press switch it just change to another unit. In the eqp file each unit has a value with the id of the previous unit but if you put, for example, AT --> Flak Id. and then Flak --> Arty and the Arty finally end redirecting to AT again, you have 3 modes. I came to this idea after reading a few minutes ago about another forum mod: the u-boat (http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=49469) In that mod the u-boats have multiple modes.

Somethig like

1 AT 2
2 Flak 3
3 Arty 1
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

ya but the trick is is to make flak an arty non purchase and also and make those units availability date after 1946 or the game will freeze also the unit switch chain has to be correct like this...

(AT unit #1 switch to flak unit #2), (Flak unit #2 switch to Aty unit #3), (Aty unit #3 switch to AT unit #1) or it wont work
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

I know, that's what i tried to say with the last lines with numbers xP
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Oh ya i see that now doooh!!! sorry man I'm at work and emailing between customers :oops: :P :lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”