Making certain hexes off limits until triggered

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Making certain hexes off limits until triggered

Post by GaryChildress » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm trying to do a grand strategy map for Europe to make something like Commander Europe at War for PC. The player will be Germany. I want to make certain hexes off limits to the player until certain dates. So at a certain date I want to activate the Soviets so that they can be invaded but I don't want them active until that date. Is there a way to set up a hex so that the player cannot move into it until a certain date is reached?

Thanks.

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Making certain hexes off limits until triggered

Post by Razz1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:38 am

Yes, set it as a neutral hex.
Special hexes, first item on list.

I have done this in my Balkan map, however I have not activated the hexes on my map. I do have another surprise on that map.

Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:36 pm

I`ve done that for a scenario. Basically I`ve set the area to have all hexes neutral and also designated all hexes to be part of the same zone (Edit->Zone). Then I`ve added a hex action script that was triggered by turn (you could choose other triggers) and it affected only the zone that I`ve previously assigned to these hexes. You just leave the Neutral box unchecked and all the hexes should become active. The advantage of having a zone set for these hexes is that you can set another script that orders all units placed there to change the AI behavior (to attack for example) when the hexes become active, thus simulating that area of the map entering the battle. It works nice when you have a situation of a neutral party entering the war during its course (like it happened several times in ww1 for example and also in ww2 with Italy during the battle of France or USSR during the invasion of Poland).

GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks guys! I got it to work. :D

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”