Modifying Campaign Files

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Tycho_X
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Modifying Campaign Files

Post by Tycho_X » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Heya,
I've been working on a custom campaign for a couple days now, but I've run into some trouble. Apparently my 'campaign' files aren't recognised; I've tried using Notepad as well as the PzCEdit Mod to modify the file but it doesn't seem to work. Things look messy in Notepad, so I've been wandering about what programs you use to open and edit such files? Microsoft Word perhaps? I figured it out nonetheless in Notepad but as I've mentioned earlier my campaign files do not show up in-game. I've placed it all in the 'mods' folder and made sure to add a custom GUID.txt file and scenario files. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here.
Looking around I couldn't find the answers anywhere; the scenario guide provided by the game is only of limited use. :?

Thanks in advance. :)

wrm76
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Modifying Campaign Files

Post by wrm76 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 am

use Notepad++ and in the menu select view - show symbol - show white space and tab ; the tab symbol its very important ! i have many problems until i use notepad++,it is the best way to edit campaign, equipament and efx files .

tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Modifying Campaign Files

Post by tenshin111 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:42 pm

You need to overwrite the files in the Data folder. Placing them in the MODS folder won't make the game recognize them. The game doesn't actually use the 'MODS" folder at all - it is used by tools like Generic Mod Enabler or whatever it's called.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”