AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Truppenkennzeichen - Panzer Divisionen
(von links nach rechts / left to right)

1. Panzer-Division bis ... 27. Panzer-Division
116. Panzer Division
Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. „Hermann Göring“
Panzer-Division Kampfgruppe Thur_(1945)
Panzer-Division Muncheberg
Panzer-Lehr-Division
Panzer-Lehr-Division (Alternativ)
Panzer-Division DAK

Image
__________________________________________________________

Truppenkennzeichen - Waffen-SS Divisionen
(von links nach rechts / left to right)

1. SS-Panzer-Division „Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler“
2. SS-Panzer-Division „Das Reich“
3. SS-Panzer-Division „Totenkopf“
4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division „Polizei“
5. SS-Panzer-Division „Wiking“
6. SS-Gebirgs-Division „Nord“
7. SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division „Prinz Eugen“
8. SS-Kavallerie-Division „Florian Geyer“
9. SS-Panzer-Division „Hohenstaufen“
10. SS-Panzer-Division „Frundsberg“
11. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Nordland“
12. SS-Panzer-Division „Hitlerjugend“
13. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Handschar“ (kroatische Nr. 1)
14. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Galizien“ (galizische Nr. 1)
15. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (lettische Nr. 1)
16. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division „Reichsführer SS“
17. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division „Götz von Berlichingen“
18. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Horst Wessel“
19. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (lettische Nr. 2)
20. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (estnische Nr. 1)
21. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Skanderbeg“ (albanische Nr. 1)
22. SS-Freiwilligen-Kavallerie-Division „Maria Theresia“
23. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Nederland“
23. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Kama“ (kroatische Nr. 2)
24. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Karstjäger“ (italienische 1)
25. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Hunyadi“ (ungarische Nr. 1)
26. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Hungaria“ (ungarische Nr. 2)
27. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Langemarck“ (flämische Nr. 1)
28. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Wallonien“
29. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Italia“ (italienische Nr. 1)
29. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „RONA“ (russische Nr. 1)
30. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (russische Nr. 2)
30. SS-Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (weißruthenische Nr. 1)
31. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier Division „Batschka“
32. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier Division „30 Januar“
33. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Charlemagne“ (französische Nr 1)
33. SS-Waffen-Kavallerie-Division der SS (ungarische Nr. 3)
34. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division „Landstorm Nederland“ (niederländische Nr. 2)
35. SS- und Polizei-Grenadier-Division
36. SS-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Dirlewanger“
37. SS-Freiwilligen-Kavallerie-Division „Lützow“
38. SS-Grenadier-Division „Nibelungen“
SS-Panzer-Lehr-Division

SS. Panzer-Division (Version 1)
SS. Panzer-Division (Version 2)

Image
__________________________________________________________

Hero old Image Hero new - Alternativ 1 Image Hero new - Alternativ 2 Image
__________________________________________________________

Medal old Image Medal new - Alternativ 1 Image
__________________________________________________________
Last edited by AKRebel on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nono hard et heavy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 am
Location: France

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by nono hard et heavy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 pm

AKRebel wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm
Truppenkennzeichen - Panzer Divisionen
(von links nach rechts / left to right)

1. Panzer-Division bis ... 27. Panzer-Division
116. Panzer Division
Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. „Hermann Göring“
Panzer-Division Kampfgruppe Thur_(1945)
Panzer-Division Muncheberg
Panzer-Lehr-Division
Panzer-Lehr-Division (Alternativ)
Panzer-Division DAK

Image
__________________________________________________________

Truppenkennzeichen - Waffen-SS Divisionen
(von links nach rechts / left to right)

1. SS-Panzer-Division „Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler“
2. SS-Panzer-Division „Das Reich“
3. SS-Panzer-Division „Totenkopf“
4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division „Polizei“
5. SS-Panzer-Division „Wiking“
6. SS-Gebirgs-Division „Nord“
7. SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division „Prinz Eugen“
8. SS-Kavallerie-Division „Florian Geyer“
9. SS-Panzer-Division „Hohenstaufen“
10. SS-Panzer-Division „Frundsberg“
11. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Nordland“
12. SS-Panzer-Division „Hitlerjugend“
13. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Handschar“ (kroatische Nr. 1)
14. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Galizien“ (galizische Nr. 1)
15. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (lettische Nr. 1)
16. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division „Reichsführer SS“
17. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division „Götz von Berlichingen“
18. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Horst Wessel“
19. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (lettische Nr. 2)
20. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (estnische Nr. 1)
21. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Skanderbeg“ (albanische Nr. 1)
22. SS-Freiwilligen-Kavallerie-Division „Maria Theresia“
23. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Nederland“
23. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Kama“ (kroatische Nr. 2)
24. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Gebirgs-Division „Karstjäger“ (italienische 1)
25. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Hunyadi“ (ungarische Nr. 1)
26. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Hungaria“ (ungarische Nr. 2)
27. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Langemarck“ (flämische Nr. 1)
28. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Wallonien“
29. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Italia“ (italienische Nr. 1)
29. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „RONA“ (russische Nr. 1)
30. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division (russische Nr. 2)
30. SS-Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (weißruthenische Nr. 1)
31. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier Division „Batschka“
32. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier Division „30 Januar“
33. SS-Freiwilligen-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Charlemagne“ (französische Nr 1)
33. SS-Waffen-Kavallerie-Division der SS (ungarische Nr. 3)
34. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division „Landstorm Nederland“ (niederländische Nr. 2)
35. SS- und Polizei-Grenadier-Division
36. SS-Waffen-Grenadier-Division „Dirlewanger“
37. SS-Freiwilligen-Kavallerie-Division „Lützow“
38. SS-Grenadier-Division „Nibelungen“
SS-Panzer-Lehr-Division

SS. Panzer-Division (Version 1)
SS. Panzer-Division (Version 2)

Image
Hello AKRebel.
If I remove the two icons at the bottom right (SS. Panzer-Division (Version 1) and SS. Panzer-Division (Version 2), I have a total of 43 SS unit icons. Besides, in your list, if I include the SS-Panzer-Lehr-Division, that makes 39 Divisions. I checked on Wikipedia and the total is 39 SS divisions. Icons 42 and 43 are identical (SS Charlemagne Division), icons 26 and 27 may be identical in one detail.
Otherwise, it's excellent work. But how to include them in the game?
Good continuation.
Greetings. Bruno

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 pm

But how to include them in the game?
Hello Bruno, the troop codes are optional for the units. The insert is unfortunately not so easy. To explain, I once created a graphic.

Image
  • green = the maximum size of a unit = 148 x 148 px
  • black = the position of the unit in the hex field = 131 x 113 px
  • yellow = flag, strength indicator, hero or medal (left to right) = 23 x 18 px / 27 x 22 px / 18 x 18 px
  • red (unit details) = the size of the inner area of the pzsystem_uiicon ... = 145 x 68 px
  • blue (purchase details) = the size of the inner area of the purchase_elem ... icon = 146 x 116 px
As you can see, there is not much room here for an additional graphic element. Which position is the right one, unfortunately, I can not say and everyone has to decide for themselves. The idea just serves as an inspiration to try something new.

nono hard et heavy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 am
Location: France

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by nono hard et heavy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm

AKRebel wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 pm
But how to include them in the game?
Hello Bruno, the troop codes are optional for the units. The insert is unfortunately not so easy. To explain, I once created a graphic.

Image
  • green = the maximum size of a unit = 148 x 148 px
  • black = the position of the unit in the hex field = 131 x 113 px
  • yellow = flag, strength indicator, hero or medal (left to right) = 23 x 18 px / 27 x 22 px / 18 x 18 px
  • red (unit details) = the size of the inner area of the pzsystem_uiicon ... = 145 x 68 px
  • blue (purchase details) = the size of the inner area of the purchase_elem ... icon = 146 x 116 px
As you can see, there is not much room here for an additional graphic element. Which position is the right one, unfortunately, I can not say and everyone has to decide for themselves. The idea just serves as an inspiration to try something new.
Thanks. If I understand what you say, it's a very hard work to put the troop codes in the game. To make it simple (and because I'm lazy), I'll pass the idea on to Soldberg for his mod :lol: :evil:
I found all the badges of the SS Divisions. They are in PNG format. I will do the same for the Wehrmacht Divisions, but they are many!
Greetings. Bruno

glaude1955
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:55 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by glaude1955 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 am

Hello friends,
PHCAS has already brilliantly done this kind of thing.
Send him a personal message, I think he will answer you with pleasure.
Sincerely
Yves

Bonjour les Amis,
PHCAS a déjà réalisé avec brio ce genre de chose.
Envoyez lui un message personnel, je pense qu'il vous répondra avec plaisir.
Amicalement
Yves

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi, here a possible use of the signs with Infantry units.
SS.png
SS.png (22.63 KiB) Viewed 873 times
3SS.png
3SS.png (22.71 KiB) Viewed 873 times
@ new.png
@ new.png (5.42 KiB) Viewed 873 times

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

BWP-1.png
BWP-1.png (10.49 KiB) Viewed 870 times
This is a example to use the signs for every unit. The only problem is that the unitsigns are a bit small.

To use this you need a few other graphics to resize the unit strengthplate and replace the low fuel and low ammo signs in an oither position. This example gives a good all over picture in the game. Experiments with bigger unit signs or the signs in other places looked good for the unit but with a lot of units land/air together it always get messy.

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 pm

BWP-2.png
BWP-2.png (10.7 KiB) Viewed 861 times
In this example the sign is a little bigger and is placed on a position with no conflicts with other signs like low fuel and low ammo

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Example.png
Example.png (104.86 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Here you see a example for small signs for a unit. A small strength plate, hero signs, can move/attack signs and replaced low fuel/ammo signs. This system leaves max space for unit signs. In the .rar file are the files you can place in Panzer Corps so you will have the situation as in this example.
Panzer Corps.rar
(25.18 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:31 pm

This gives space for things like this with bigger unit signs. Remember bigger unit signs look messy when more units (land/air) are close together

Example1.png
Example1.png (104.37 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Example2.png
Example2.png (104.75 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Attachments
Example4.png
Example4.png (548.61 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Last edited by phcas on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Hello phcas, thank you for the very good explanation based on the examples. ;-) It is indeed not easy, from the point of view optics and the whole then even clear to look, here to find the right position for all units. I think the riddle solution is in the middle of it, meaning it needs an individual solution per unit type. That's just my opinion. Thank you again for your helpful contribution.

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 pm

AKRebel wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:21 pm
Hello phcas, thank you for the very good explanation based on the examples. ;-) It is indeed not easy, from the point of view optics and the whole then even clear to look, here to find the right position for all units. I think the riddle solution is in the middle of it, meaning it needs an individual solution per unit type. That's just my opinion. Thank you again for your helpful contribution.
Oké AKRebel. Thanks for your work and keep on going. You make nice graphics. I will use them in combination with my work if you don't mind :) Thanks.

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello Phcas, you are welcome to use my created units for your further work. Thank you for your feedback

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:05 pm

New icon für Hero and medals

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm

To avoid problems with the purchase screen, the orange bounderies will be the save max position of a unit sign.

Example5.jpg
Example5.jpg (167.27 KiB) Viewed 813 times
0002_Panzer_IIID.png
0002_Panzer_IIID.png (32.63 KiB) Viewed 813 times

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:50 pm

This looks like the best option I think.
Naamloos.jpg
Naamloos.jpg (79.73 KiB) Viewed 757 times
LAND#Axis.png
LAND#Axis.png (921 Bytes) Viewed 757 times
Land units
AIR#Axis.png
AIR#Axis.png (886 Bytes) Viewed 757 times
Air units

phcas
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by phcas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 pm

AKRebel wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:05 pm
New icon für Hero and medals
?

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm

AKRebel wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2019 18:05
New icon für Hero and medals

?
oh Sorry see first post

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 56#p787356

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by guille1434 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:36 pm

I liked very much the replacement icon for the Medals awards! I just included the file in my PzCorps game instalation. Thanks for sharing!

AKRebel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: AKRebels New PzCorps Units - UI Upgrade

Post by AKRebel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 pm

my pleasure, guille 8)

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”