New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v2.80

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels Mod "PAK" - RELEASE v0.46

Post by phcas »

Any feedback on the gameplay of Pearl Harbor someone?
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello PHCAS,
I tried the campaign (so no choice of difficulty), the gameplay seems balanced.
I was surprised that the torpedo planes carried 5 torpedoes but for the gameplay, it's just because it takes 2 assault waves to complete the objectives.
Certain animations should perhaps be reviewed in particular for the air damage undergone (the enemy plane disappears without any animation, at least it is my impression) and the animation of attack of the zeros (I had the impression that there was only one shot, not a burst).
But these are just details that can be easily tweaked later.
The scenario and the theater of operations pleased me, much more.
DMP had started its Japanese campaign with the invasion of China, are you planning to do this?
I will replay the scenario because the premature end in turn 20 prevented me from winning (I have 2 hangar points left to destroy and repatriate my planes, but with 23 turns, this may be fair ...)
I wish the whole team a lot of courage to continue this exciting adventure.

Best regards

Yves
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

phcas wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:03 am Any feedback on the gameplay of Pearl Harbor someone?
Hello PHCAS.
The Frenchman will issue an opinion. I installed the little update (0.46a) to keep the game up to date and I ran it in the scenarios (thanks AKRebel for the info). Ships (Arizona, Utah and Oklahoma) are not easy to sink and you have to do it with dive bombers and torpedoes bombers. The other bombers, I have assigned them to the flak, Hickham Field and Ford Island. Small submarines are of no use to me, as they are in real life. I like the three spies. They avoid the use of reconnaissance planes. 23 turns seems "just" to me to win. But you have to focus only on the targets described in the briefing to win. No scattering is tolerated. The balance is: 5 attacks by aircraft and return to the aircraft carriers to resupply, but watch out for the number of turns! I made 4 attacks and I refuel only the torpedoes bombers. That's my choice. I also brought the carriers back as close to Pearl Harbor as possible. I can't say if the sounds are ok because I play with my music in my headphones (appropriate music: ACDC Highway to Hell !!). :twisted:
Greetings from France
Bruno
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

glaude1955 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:30 am Hello PHCAS,
I was surprised that the torpedo planes carried 5 torpedoes but for the gameplay, it's just because it takes 2 assault waves to complete the objectives.
Certain animations should perhaps be reviewed in particular for the air damage undergone (the enemy plane disappears without any animation, at least it is my impression) and the animation of attack of the zeros (I had the impression that there was only one shot, not a burst).
DMP had started its Japanese campaign with the invasion of China, are you planning to do this?
I will replay the scenario because the premature end in turn 20 prevented me from winning (I have 2 hangar points left to destroy and repatriate my planes, but with 23 turns, this may be fair ...)

Best regards

Yves
Hello Yves.
The game must start in scénario and you can choice the level of difficulty. NOT CAMPAIGN.
Le jeu se lance dans les scénarios et tu peux choisir le niveau de difficulté. PAS DANS LA CAMPAGNE. J'ai fais aussi cette erreur. Installe aussi le patch 0.46a.
Greetings from France my friend.
Bruno
phcas

Post by phcas »

Best regards

Yves
Hi Yves,

We plan to start the Japanese campaign with the invasion of China. Only simple the Chinese units are not ready yet. That's why we did Pearl Harbor first to show what the Pacific will look like. But later on the Japanese Campaign will start with the invasion of China.

Is 23 turns OK to everyone?

Just busy to update the US infantry and make the US Pacific infantry
x02010_Infantry43.png
x02010_Infantry43.png (76.13 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
x02010_USMC_Marines41.png
x02010_USMC_Marines41.png (78.32 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
x02010_USMC_HW41.png
x02010_USMC_HW41.png (79.23 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

Greetings
phcas

Post by phcas »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:35 am
phcas wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:03 am Any feedback on the gameplay of Pearl Harbor someone?
Hello PHCAS.
The Frenchman will issue an opinion. I installed the little update (0.46a) to keep the game up to date and I ran it in the scenarios (thanks AKRebel for the info). Ships (Arizona, Utah and Oklahoma) are not easy to sink and you have to do it with dive bombers and torpedoes bombers. The other bombers, I have assigned them to the flak, Hickham Field and Ford Island. Small submarines are of no use to me, as they are in real life. I like the three spies. They avoid the use of reconnaissance planes. 23 turns seems "just" to me to win. But you have to focus only on the targets described in the briefing to win. No scattering is tolerated. The balance is: 5 attacks by aircraft and return to the aircraft carriers to resupply, but watch out for the number of turns! I made 4 attacks and I refuel only the torpedoes bombers. That's my choice. I also brought the carriers back as close to Pearl Harbor as possible. I can't say if the sounds are ok because I play with my music in my headphones (appropriate music: ACDC Highway to Hell !!). :twisted:
Greetings from France
Bruno
Thanks for the feedback
Wurschtmaxe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Wurschtmaxe »

phcas wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:27 am

Best regards

Yves
Hi Yves,

We plan to start the Japanese campaign with the invasion of China. Only simple the Chinese units are not ready yet. That's why we did Pearl Harbor first to show what the Pacific will look like. But later on the Japanese Campaign will start with the invasion of China.

Is 23 turns OK to everyone?

Just busy to update the US infantry and make the US Pacific infantry

x02010_Infantry43.png

x02010_USMC_Marines41.png

x02010_USMC_HW41.png

Greetings
Hi PHCAS, I have a little correction for you ;o)
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is an independent part of the US forces and not part of the US Navy (like the SS was not part of the Wehrmacht - sorry for the comparsion).

But - well done icons!
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Hello!
I tried the 20-turn version. With a loss at the end.
By the 13-15th turn, I completed the main tasks. I do not remember exactly.
By turns 18-19, I sank all the battleships.
Although I forgot to move one group of planes, I only remembered them on the 13th turn.
I think it was pretty easy.
Japan has too many units.
At the same time, there are not so many targets for them. Because only attacking the main targets makes sense.
I also carried out the attack in one wave, without refuels.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Too many planes? I do not find
1) to destroy as many ships as possible (Each sunken ship brings significant prestige during a campaign, not useful if only one scenario)
2) because the targets are hard to sink and the hangars very hard to destroy.
3) It took me 2 waves of assault to achieve (almost, but I will retry) the main objectives.
Perhaps the condition for returning planes should be removed. To be discussed with the community.
Of course this is only my point of view and this in the perspective of a campaign.
Best regards
Yves
Radoye
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Radoye »

glaude1955 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:30 am I was surprised that the torpedo planes carried 5 torpedoes
Unfortunately it is impossible to separate ammo for ground and air attack. Ideally torpedo planes would carry just one torpedo (single engined) or maybe 2 (heavier multi-engined planes, where applicable) but in that case they would also have just one defensive air attack shot. And if attacked by a fighter, they would lose their torpedo too (ammo = 0).

This is one of the shortcomings of the "General" games that i always found a bit annoying - there should be separate ammo for primary and secondary type of attack in units. Also, a separate hard attack against tanks and other armored vehicles on one hand and bunkers and other fortified structures on other would be nice too.

But that's a different topic. :)
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Okay with weapons maybe we won't at least force the player to fly where airplane icons are drawn ) One hell of a thing all their carriers are pulling up to the very shore )))
https://topwar.ru/120001-palubnaya-avia ... st-ix.html
AKRebel
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by AKRebel »

uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:47 pm Okay with weapons maybe we won't at least force the player to fly where airplane icons are drawn ) One hell of a thing all their carriers are pulling up to the very shore )))
always nice what sources uzbek2012 finds. Keep it up... ;-)
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

AKRebel wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:28 pm
uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:47 pm Okay with weapons maybe we won't at least force the player to fly where airplane icons are drawn ) One hell of a thing all their carriers are pulling up to the very shore )))
always nice what sources uzbek2012 finds. Keep it up... ;-)

Don't worry I still have a lot of Material, information and suggestions )
https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5dd92979 ... 680f1533a7

UNDERWATER KAMIKAZES. COMBAT LEECHES OF WORLD WAR II
http://militarylib.com/ww2/ww2-fleet-bo ... rovoy.html

http://militarylib.com/magazines/soldie ... -1942.html
phcas

Post by phcas »

Wurschtmaxe wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:17 am
Hi PHCAS, I have a little correction for you ;o)
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is an independent part of the US forces and not part of the US Navy (like the SS was not part of the Wehrmacht - sorry for the comparsion).
Hi Wurschtmaxe

This must be better. Thanks.
usmc.jpg
usmc.jpg (167.6 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
x02010_USMC_Marines43.png
x02010_USMC_Marines43.png (18.65 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
x02014_USMC_Engineers41.png
x02014_USMC_Engineers41.png (16.8 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

Intenso82 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:45 am
Hello!
I tried the 20-turn version. With a loss at the end.
By the 13-15th turn, I completed the main tasks. I do not remember exactly.
By turns 18-19, I sank all the battleships.
Although I forgot to move one group of planes, I only remembered them on the 13th turn.
I think it was pretty easy.
Japan has too many units.
At the same time, there are not so many targets for them. Because only attacking the main targets makes sense.
I also carried out the attack in one wave, without refuels.
Hi Intenso82

* Japan has too many units.
There were 6 Japanese carriers at Pearl harbor. All six had Zero fighters, VAL dive bombers/Kate torpedo bombers and Kate bombers. That's what you see in the scenario.
* At the same time, there are not so many targets for them. Because only attacking the main targets makes sense.
Every surface ship you destroy beside the main targets give you 200/300 prestige points. We can make 1 more main target ship if players think that's better.

Greetings
phcas

Post by phcas »

Radoye wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:58 pm
glaude1955 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:30 am I was surprised that the torpedo planes carried 5 torpedoes
Unfortunately it is impossible to separate ammo for ground and air attack. Ideally torpedo planes would carry just one torpedo (single engined) or maybe 2 (heavier multi-engined planes, where applicable) but in that case they would also have just one defensive air attack shot. And if attacked by a fighter, they would lose their torpedo too (ammo = 0).

This is one of the shortcomings of the "General" games that i always found a bit annoying - there should be separate ammo for primary and secondary type of attack in units. Also, a separate hard attack against tanks and other armored vehicles on one hand and bunkers and other fortified structures on other would be nice too.

But that's a different topic. :)
The number of ammo is always a issue. How many aircraft represents 1 aircraft unit? 10? 12? A ship is only 1 ship. It remains a trade-off between balance, historic facts and playability
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello PHCAS,
For the USMC, we should rather put a more visible flag of this Elite Corps. (I like the red background)
Our American friends could advise you better.
For the USMC, we should rather put a more visible flag of this Elite Corps.
I do not know if the flag with the white star of the American Army is displayed next to the distinctive flag of this Corps
Best regards
Yves
usmc.jpg
usmc.jpg (15.55 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

glaude1955 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am Hello PHCAS,
For the USMC, we should rather put a more visible flag of this Elite Corps. (I like the red background)
I do not know if the flag with the white star of the American Army is displayed next to the distinctive flag of this Corps
Best regards
Yves

usmc.jpg
https://fishki.net/2972324-morpehi-sssr ... 0568818546

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5d7eaeab ... 3aab436b78
phcas

Post by phcas »

glaude1955 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am Hello PHCAS,
Best regards
Yves

usmc.jpg
x02010_USMC_HW41.png
x02010_USMC_HW41.png (80.52 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

feedback for pearl harbor:
I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it would be like order of battle but I was pleasantly surprised: in fact there are no fuel problems but ammunition. I was able to destroy a lot of ships for 900 prestige in total( 3 or 4 ships left) and it was a real butchery as historically, so quite a pleasure to play it ! i made it in less than 13 turns with just one wave. No refuel.

But , here are some flaws for me:

- the 2 hangars are too hard to destroy or I missed something to destroy them: I did not manage to destroy the second . I only did 1 damage each time! so 10 attacks for a hangar ??

- I destroyed all the planes parked defenseless on the airfields except one and I therefore have no air opposition (just 2 planes in all) . Good , but I think that the zeros should have a shorter fuel limit and therefore not be able to go on all the airfields then come back to the center : player should have to choose: either he will go to destroy planes to the north or south, or he will go to center help bombers . For me, I was able to do both! i was surprised , i could have clean all airfield with just one zero !

- the spies are a good idea but i was thinking they couldn't die so i moved them to get more extra information and i lost 2 of them !

- I used the 5 japanese submarines by destroying one net. Very cool to play but no real opposition when i entered in the harbor. Why not some closer DD ? I saw 3 or 4 DD in the east but they didn't move. (and i destroyed the patrol boat with a plane)

- At the end of the scenario, when i brought back all my planes "behind the line " , i also brought back all my ships but i discovered it was useless. Only planes have to come back. in fact, it is useless to approcah the ships near the island . why not just oblige the player to go back the line also with all ships to win the mission ?

and one last question: are the air units core units for the next mission ? if yes, i got some damaged planes and it could be interesting to be play more careful . I wasn't cautious with dmg taken ...

So this scenario is rather well made! good work !

Sorry for my school english.
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”