New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v2.70

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels Mod "PAK"

Post by phcas »

guille1434 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 pm Hello Phcas:

First of all, congratulations to you and AkRebel for starting this big mod full of new ideas and content...
About the new heavy/light bridge engineer units, I have an idea that can be merged into your concept to make each of that unit type more distinctive. Let me explain...

By making bridging units able only to cross small rivers and another type able to cross small and big rivers you are giving more specialization to an already very specialized unit, which causes them to be even less used by players.

But, I think we can give another "advantage" to bridge engineer units: what if we can give those units the ability to make a bridge over a small river faster than making one bridge over a big river. How can this be?
If we make a new movement type special to bridging units where they have 2 hexes move and -50 movement over small river hexes (in the movement tables file) and 1 movement over other types of "easy" terrain types... It has to be tested, but I think that with that type and values of movement, one bridge engineer unit can move one hex over clear terrain and another hex over a small river hex, causing to have a "light" type bridge constructed in the same turns that the engineers move over the small river and in the same turn other units can start crossing the small river. This, of course, makes bridging units able to facilitate "instant" small river crossings and a delay of one turn to access and build a bridge over a big river hex. As you already explained, the heavy bridging unit would be able to make both types of crossings (light and fast bridges, and heavy bridges over big rivers with one turn delay) and the "light" bridging unit could just make fast bridges over small rivers.

I even made different adaptations of transport units for light and heavy bridging units types, to make easy to tell them apart in the heat of battle... :D

I hope I could explain my idea in a clear way. 8)

Hello Guille.

I tested the new bridging units in the game and it works well. At this moment it will cost the player a few turns to lay down a bridge. First drive the truck next to the river. Next turn drive the truck on the river and the next turn switch the truck into the bridge. It's the same for a light or heavy bridge at this moment. The advantage for the light bridge at this moment is that the truck have more movement. In the mod there is already a difference between the light bridge truck (Faun) and heavy bridge truck (Mercedes) but the boats are equal size so it's a good idea to make smaller boats for the lighter bridge. I will take care of that. I like the delay in laying a bridge because laying a bridge cost time, but indeed we can give the light bridges a one turn advantage if we want in the way you explained. By the way isn't the German bridge beautiful? A AKRebel creation!

The new bridges are better than the bridge engineer units for a few reasons. First of all the bridge can not walk anymore like the bridge engineers could move to the next river hex. The bridges look much better and will not be used as fighting units anymore. I remember a few scenario's where russian bridge engineers are in cities to defend them.

So anyway. thanks for your idea.

I think of someting like this to make difference between light and heavy B and K kolonne, what do you think Guille?
brug.png
brug.png (32.87 KiB) Viewed 4300 times

Greetings PHCAS
lennis29
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by lennis29 »

@Phcas three shift would be like a long time, after 1943, everything to go fast or if not time.
- GerMOD
- VolksMOD
- XXIX Le PzKorps
phcas

Post by phcas »

Hello,

I am looking for a good unit graphic of a Sturmboot. I can remember that long ago someone also found a way to use them in the game but it is lost in time for me. Who can help?
10056565.jpg
10056565.jpg (16.07 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by cw58 »

Here's something I found in my collection. I don't know who made it but you might be able to modify it to fit your needs.
Sturmboote.png
Sturmboote.png (20.91 KiB) Viewed 4238 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

cw58 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:38 am Here's something I found in my collection. I don't know who made it but you might be able to modify it to fit your needs.

Sturmboote.png
Thanks
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Phcas:

The two-speed bridge engineers was a rough idea, I think it has to be tested, and, of course, you can implement in the style you think is better for your mod. But, may be Lennis is right, three turns to enable a river crossing is too long.

About the icons: I like them, the only suggestion is about the Opel truck with trailer: this trailer has to be moved up a bit, if not, it looks like its tow hook is not attached to the center of the truck chassis. See an example:
Attachments
brug.png
brug.png (33.9 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

guille1434 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:08 am Hello Phcas:

The two-speed bridge engineers was a rough idea, I think it has to be tested, and, of course, you can implement in the style you think is better for your mod. But, may be Lennis is right, three turns to enable a river crossing is too long.

About the icons: I like them, the only suggestion is about the Opel truck with trailer: this trailer has to be moved up a bit, if not, it looks like its tow hook is not attached to the center of the truck chassis. See an example:
Hi Guille, I see the point of the tow hook, I will make it better, but in your example the wheels of the trailer are not level anymore with the truck. It's OK I will fix it. The trucks are in the MOD already.

A question to everyone. Does anybody know how long it tooks to build a Bruckengerat B bridge (could be 83 meters long) or a Bailey bridge?
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

It was just a rough sketch I made as an example... Anyway, when seen in perspective, that the trailer wheels look to be higher does not mean that the trailer is on a higher ground that the truck, but it could be that the trailer axes are not so wide as the truck ones. Another pair of (more accurate) example icons about engineer transport trucks with trailer.
Attachments
Pioniertransp_Opel-trailer.png
Pioniertransp_Opel-trailer.png (27.98 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Pioniertransp_Opel-trailer2.png
Pioniertransp_Opel-trailer2.png (30.31 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

guille1434 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 pm It was just a rough sketch I made as an example... Anyway, when seen in perspective, that the trailer wheels look to be higher does not mean that the trailer is on a higher ground that the truck, but it could be that the trailer axes are not so wide as the truck ones. Another pair of (more accurate) example icons about engineer transport trucks with trailer.
Thanks
phcas

Post by phcas »

Oke, I spend a day of my life on making "schlauch" and "Sturm" boote with transports :)
Rafts and Boats.png
Rafts and Boats.png (80.47 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
cw58

Post by cw58 »

Wow! All you icon creators are doing amazing work, just amazing! :mrgreen:

I keep checking all the different threads to see what new goodies you guys have made. :wink:
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Excellent icons! I specially like the bottom design for the Sturmboote... For its transport, I would add a canvas to cover the boats, to avoid them to be filled with rainwater, snow, and other debris flying around in a typical battlefield... :-)
Attachments
Sturmboot Transporter.png
Sturmboot Transporter.png (27.2 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

cw58 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Wow! All you icon creators are doing amazing work, just amazing! :mrgreen:

I keep checking all the different threads to see what new goodies you guys have made. :wink:
Nothing else to do in life :) :) :)

Thanks
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

phcas wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:28 am
guille1434 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:08 am Hello Phcas:

Hi Guille, I see the point of the tow hook, I will make it better, but in your example the wheels of the trailer are not level anymore with the truck. It's OK I will fix it. The trucks are in the MOD already.

A question to everyone. Does anybody know how long it tooks to build a Bruckengerat B bridge (could be 83 meters long) or a Bailey bridge?
Hi Phcas.
Bailey bridge : Two hours is enough for 40 engineers to install a 24-metre long basic structure (wikipedia french).
Greetings
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Hi Phcas.
Maybe an answer here? It's in English, a language I have a moderate command of.
https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2018/09/0 ... ing-units/
phcas

Post by phcas »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 pm Hi Phcas.
Maybe an answer here? It's in English, a language I have a moderate command of.
https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2018/09/0 ... ing-units/
Very interesting. Thanks. We can read that building a bridge will take 8 to 16 hours.

Greetings PHCAS
phcas

Post by phcas »

guille1434 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:22 pm Excellent icons! I specially like the bottom design for the Sturmboote... For its transport, I would add a canvas to cover the boats, to avoid them to be filled with rainwater, snow, and other debris flying around in a typical battlefield... :-)
To be honest I am not sure if the boats are carried like this or upside down?
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Phcas: I think that the boats would be carried upside down, but it is easier to draw a canvas cover than re-drawing the boats in an upside down position... 8)
phcas

Post by phcas »

I found a way to operate this units. If somebody thinks there are other ways I would be pleased to hear that.
Naamloos.jpg
Naamloos.jpg (129.33 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
lennis29

Post by lennis29 »

Then this will be the most complete supermegamod of all time.
- GerMOD
- VolksMOD
- XXIX Le PzKorps

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”