Internet Game?

PC/Mac : Approachable and innovative WW2 strategy game on the east front played at the operationsal level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

metolius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Internet Game?

Post by metolius »

Anybody managed to play a game against an opponent online yet?
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Internet Game?

Post by Delta66 »

Yes, It worked fine.

Send me a private message if your are looking for an opponent.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

To play a PvP scenario:

- From the game Main menu select the Scenario button

- From the top of the Scenario page select you can select Single Player or Multiplayer this only show the lists relevant for both category. But actually, all scenarios can be played PvP, but most are designed for solo play vesrus the AI, so they are unbalanced for PvP. The best thing is to play the scenario twice in a row switching sides and comparing the final scores. Also note that some, the smallest in particular, are not really interesting for PvP as the defender strategic and tactical options are so limited that it's best to play them versus the AI.

For you first PvP game, I suggest that you select the scenario specifically designed for PvP, that is Kharkov PvP

- Once you select a scenario, the menu will highlight Three buttons in the lower right: AI Opponent, Internet, Hotseat.
Here select Internet then click on Start Scenario

- After loading the scenario, the game will open a box displaying a 6 characters code (be careful case matter) and will tell you that tou are Player 1. You can copy the code to clipboard, but it could be convenient to record the code on paper or in a text editor.

- Send the code to your opponent via Email or Private mail on the forum. It's more elegant to send the code before you take your first turn. So that your opponent can be sure that you didn't try many first turns before sending him a code for a game were you were ridiculously lucky.

- Play your turn as usual, well be more carefull than usual as there is no save option. Once you are done click on End Turn.

- Then you just have to wait for your opponent to play his turn. you can either watch it live or wait and use the history function to have the opponent's turn replayed action by action. It takes sometimes to get used to the sequencing of turns, and the infos displayed by the program, but it works well wether you want to play a complete game live or if both player aren't connected at the same time.

- For the second player to connect to the game, he must choose the Connect to Game button from the main menu. then select P1 or P2 depending on if he is Player 1 or Player 2, and enter the aforementioned code.
Please note, that both player should use this procedure, for future sessions of the game. i.e. you select the Scenario button just once to start the game, then both player use the Connect to Game button to play this same game.
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

Hey Delta. I'm looking for internet opponent. Sorry, tried to send PM but couldnt get the damn thing to work.
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

Did you get my PMs ok?
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Nope, I send you a PM, have you checked your new messages ?
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

No messages in my inbox. I dont think this PM system works properly. I sent you the game code which may or may not have been sent successfully.
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

Do u want me to send via e-mail or something perhaps?
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

No via PM, I've just received your PM, and answered did you get mine?
NobbyusMaximus
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by NobbyusMaximus »

i too am up for internet games?!
metolius

Post by metolius »

I'm up for an internet game, if there are any takers.
metolius

Post by metolius »

Send a private message to me.

Return to “Unity of Command”