Unity of Command and OS X Mountain Lion

PC/Mac : Approachable and innovative WW2 strategy game on the east front played at the operationsal level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Lagedor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Unity of Command and OS X Mountain Lion

Post by Lagedor »

Just purchased and downloaded UoC for Mac to run on Mountain Lion. Couple of issues that I think people should be aware of

1. Mountain Lion's new security, Gatekeeper, does not recognise UoC as being from an identified developer so will not let it run by default. Need to CTRL-click the app to launch it and confirm that you do want to allow it. (Or change your Security & Privacy settings to allow any software to run - maybe not advisable!)

2. UoC requires X11 to be installed - on Mountain Lion this requires you to download and install XQuartz version 2.7.2 from xquartz.macosforge.org

Apart from those 2 hiccups appears to run nicely :)
--
Ian

@Lagedor_ on Twitter
http://hill107.net/ - documents and photos relating to the Battle of Arnhem, Battle of Crete

--
metolius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Unity of Command and OS X Mountain Lion

Post by metolius »

Yes, me too.
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

ianam wrote:Just purchased and downloaded UoC for Mac to run on Mountain Lion. Couple of issues that I think people should be aware of

1. Mountain Lion's new security, Gatekeeper, does not recognise UoC as being from an identified developer so will not let it run by default. Need to CTRL-click the app to launch it and confirm that you do want to allow it. (Or change your Security & Privacy settings to allow any software to run - maybe not advisable!)

2. UoC requires X11 to be installed - on Mountain Lion this requires you to download and install XQuartz version 2.7.2 from xquartz.macosforge.org

Apart from those 2 hiccups appears to run nicely :)
Good to know as I'm contemplating the upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8 on my desktop.

Thanks!
Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 »

Guys I am not seeing how to do this!! I have the new scenario on a flash drive. Double clicked it, Comes up to the unity of command screen showing the folder with all the maps, data, etc. in it and applications. I drag it there and it just copies it locally and does not install it. What am I doing wrong?
scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff »

I didn't have this problem. UoC fired right up on my iMac (10.8.3).
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)

Return to “Unity of Command”