Pandora: First Contact Releases

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Pandora: First Contact Releases

Post by Philkian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Earth, Year 2013 – The dawn of a new day. A day where the Sci-Fi strategy game will be reinvented. Where the frontiers of 4X will be pushed as never before. Today is the day of Pandora: First Contact!

It’s been a long journey, but thanks to the effort of developer Proxy Studios (http://www.proxy-studios.com) and the keen help of more than 3.000 Beta Testers, the world of Pandora today discloses its secrets.

Being hailed as the spiritual successor to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Pandora: First Contact creates a completely new world of its own, with alien flora and fauna, massive armies, wondrous technologies, advanced weapons and much more, all rendered in a stunning 3D.

Explore a rich world harboring a variety of eco-regions, from the frozen wastes of the poles, to the vast deserts and lush tropical forests at the equator. Live in harmony with nature or use it to further your cause. Construct farms, mines, forts, and other improvements to increase the productivity of your colonies or to fortify positions…and this is just the beginning!

Pandora allows you to customize your experience through easily moddable XML data and well-known image and audio formats, adding enormous replay value. And let’s not forget the game allows up to 6 players to play head to head, co-op or in teams to decide the fate of Pandora.

The release comes along with an exclusive collection of wallpapers, to customize your desktop! Download it HERE.

“We are extremely happy to be releasing Pandora”, says Iain McNeil development director of Slitherine, “Proxy Studios have been a great partner and their commitment to detail and quality has ensured the game has a great future. Pandora provides an intense, immersive and engaging experience for sci-fi strategy gamers and our audience worldwide. After Panzer Corps, this is another strategy gaming milestone and we are proud to be part of it”.

Get more information on Pandora: First Contact on its official page.

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Pandora: First Contact Releases

Post by Longasc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Downloading... right now. :)

Based on the latest Beta, it is GREAT.
Beta testers also got a generous rebate of which I am very grateful, given that I contributed rather little I am almost feeling like a robber!

Pandora is well worth the money. I like this kind of games and it is better than SMAC and way better than Civ V. Which is fun, but the AI/game/whatever in Civ V never manages to fight back. In 500 years some Civilzations never managed to march their armies even in my general direction, despite declaring war.

In Pandora I got trounced on Medium, while I was attacking and feeling very confident... :roll:
Totally recommended. You have to be on your toes, and this is good. :)

andykennedy
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by andykennedy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi All,
This is my first post on the forums, just bought Pandora First Contact and installed it but after pressing the Play button from the start screen I get an error message straight away saying Pandora Updater has encountered a problem and has had to close and game doesn't run just exits.

I'm running on Windows 8.1 any ideas ?

Thanks & Rgds
Arnhem1944

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Sorry you are having problems - for any support issues please go to viewforum.php?f=268 and post your query there where the support team can see them.

huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:31 pm

You see that this is the PANZER CORPS forum ?

Try: support(at)slitherine.co.uk

or the appropriate forum

viewforum.php?f=173

HtH

Ah, too late... :x :D

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:33 pm

This is a global announcement so you see it in all forums :)

I assume he was in the Pandora forum when he viewed it.

lsc9x
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by lsc9x » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 am

Longasc wrote:Downloading... right now. :)

Based on the latest Beta, it is GREAT.
No, based on the released game, the game is great, and I 100% agree with you on both points that it's better than SMAC and Civ 5. MUCH better than Civ 5.

I'm going right now to Facebook to post this game!

Peace.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”