What's next?

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

BlueTemplar
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: What's next?

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Why would they need to be assigned to a city? (Of course, if they aren't, then they can't get the bonuses from facilities, therefore making them weaker in the late game).

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 am

We'll likely keep the bonus features as they are and let formers only harvest food and minerals, we feel it's better overall.

Those were the current changes we were looking at at the time, we already dropped the -25% on plains for example. In addition, you can also expect some minor changes I haven't mentioned.

The highlights though as you've seen are harvesting, new improvements and raise/lower, each with its own new tech. Together with Amphibious Landscaping that's 4 new techs.
Piruparka wrote:I'm very excited about these news! :) Any ETA yet?
When it's ready. :)

I personally hope that next week. Besides the cool new things, I'd like to test the new initialization code as soon as possible.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Just implemented:
* Added ability to (re)connect to a running multiplayer game. Games will stay listed in the game browser while running.
* Added new multiplayer game option to allow joining players to take over disconnected and AI players after the game has started.

Could be cool for testing and messing around. Start a regular game with AI, except do it in multiplayer and let passersby join in to replace AI.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:41 am

SephiRok wrote:Just implemented:
* Added ability to (re)connect to a running multiplayer game. Games will stay listed in the game browser while running.
* Added new multiplayer game option to allow joining players to take over disconnected and AI players after the game has started.

Could be cool for testing and messing around. Start a regular game with AI, except do it in multiplayer and let passersby join in to replace AI.

This is actually a kind of revolutionary idea, letting the possibility for any human player to join your game at any moment.... I will definitively play all my SP game in MP mode with this option and no hesitate joining other player game in order to mess with them ;-)

Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:57 am

Hi Rok, this is very exciting! Are those changes live in beta already or will they be implemented in the announced former-patch?

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Terrific news! This should be a big boost for MP. Looking forward to it. 8)

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:10 pm

They'll be in beta with the next update.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

jdmillard
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by jdmillard » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:02 pm

boulugre wrote:

This is actually a kind of revolutionary idea, letting the possibility for any human player to join your game at any moment.... I will definitively play all my SP game in MP mode with this option and no hesitate joining other player game in order to mess with them ;-)
Yeah. This opens up possibilities. I'm the kind of person that would want to jump in and take the place of the weakest AI, just to spice things up. I wish there was a way to know this kind of information before joining. At the same time I would want to avoid an ultra-weakling faction that only has 1 city left surrounded by aliens and no garrison. I suppose one would have to just join and rejoin as another faction if not satisfied.

One idea would be to add the ability to chat with the host from the game browser before joining. Players can already chat before starting a game in the MP settings windows. Make that chat window "link" to the chat of the players in-game and vice-versa.... or some version of that.

jdmillard

Post by jdmillard » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Also, if I get disconnected, will a dumb AI immediately order around all my units that still have movements? Or will the AI's decisions be implemented at the end of the turn (thus giving a chance for a human player to rejoin before the other players end the turn)? I'm guessing the latter based on how turns seem to generally work.

I'm not too worried about it, just thought I'd ask.

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:46 am

AI doesn't move until the start of a new turn, yeah.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

BlueTemplar
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:37 pm

It's not that revolutionary, just quite rare, and an excellent feature indeed. It greatly helped Sword of the Stars 1 multiplayer considering that the user base was relatively small.

Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:44 pm

:?: Hope it's coming soon!

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Published a new version with an important fix. Reports of any issues when creating / loading / connecting to a sp or mp game would be very helpful.

We decided we'll push all the new features out together since they all complement each other. We had to overhaul the former AI and are still working on the graphics.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:54 am

Hey guys, any estimation yet for the new patch to be released?

void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello, we weren't confident enough to push it out before the live event tonight due to the drastic pace changes caused by construction bays and field labs, but unless something unexpected comes up next week we should be good to go. Sorry for the delay!
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios

Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:03 pm

No problem, I guess we all would rather have a flawless patch than a fast one with loads of errors. :) Thank you for the update. Looking forward to it!

boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 am

Piruparka wrote:No problem, I guess we all would rather have a flawless patch than a fast one with loads of errors. :) Thank you for the update. Looking forward to it!
+1

mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mrowka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:24 am

Flat research bonus is kinda a pain its a good boost for start but in later stage its just become less and less usefull, you could add some lore researches thrugh, that would give some multiplayer to that flat bonus.
This reserches could apply to other special features to.
Btw that terrain feature, will it change the plains into hills or will it change the terrain <heightfield> and what effect it will have.

boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:18 am

Any hope of a release today ? :)

void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Knowing us it's probably gonna be Sunday night 23:59...
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”