Game Freezes Before The Scenario Starts

Tech support for Conflict of Heroes

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

johnrchandler
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game Freezes Before The Scenario Starts

Post by johnrchandler »

I bought this game a couple of days ago. Everything installed OK on my Windows 7 laptop, but I soon as I click to "Play" a scenario the screen flashes white for a second and then the screen freezes. I have never manages to play a scenario - it freezes every time.

Occasionally when I force the program to close down I get the message: "The process cannot access the file "C:\Matrix Games\Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear\Content\Patches\EmitterSettings..... because it is being used by another process ...".

I tried to post the precise message I receive just now, but Slitherine thinks it is "too spamy" and so I have had to delete it.

Any ideas what the problem is ? I am sure that you appreciate my frustration at not managing to get it to work at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Game Freezes Before The Scenario Starts

Post by VPaulus »

Hi!
Sorry to hear you're having problems with CoH.

Could you please try to disable you AntiVirus/Internet Security program while running the game? Quite often, due to their nature, these security programs can cause interferences with other programs. That's the reason why I'm asking you to disable it fully, just to check if the problem is related.

You can also try to download and install DirectX 9.0c and XNA 3.1. both from Microsoft site:
DirectX 9.0c: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

XNA 3.1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=15163
johnrchandler

Post by johnrchandler »

Unfortunately, turning off the antivirus has no effect. I downloaded DirectX and "repaired" XNA 3.1 but this also had no effect.

It freezes whenever I click anything on the "Setup A New Game" page - a white flash the first time I click and then on the second attempt I get the eggtimer, the screen goes grey and after a while I get the message that the program is not responding. I then have to force the program to shut down.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Wouldn't you mind to post your issue in Matrix forum? Matrix forum is much more active regarding CoH.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1081
johnrchandler

Post by johnrchandler »

I've got it working in XP, but not in Windows 7. The problem appears to be the video scenes - it freezes when accessing them.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes : Tech Support”