PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

kiwi1982
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Transport Loops

Post by kiwi1982 »

Doing a test hotseat game

The manuel doesnt say about how to get control of the loops and if you can.

Looks like

West Africa to Red Sea looks to be only Allies control
West africa to Persian Gulf looks to be only Allies control
Red Sea to Persian Gulf is Netural
Red Sea to Med both sides who controls suez
Baltic to North Sea who controls Kiel Canal

Game is spain has join the axis, as thinking old version once I took canary islands one or both of the loops closed to allies.

So If the Axis take the suez they cant use it any way as they cant get out to the atlantic ocean, also note the bug with extra ships have seen the other posts
about it.
1.jpg
1.jpg (513.1 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (396.12 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (559.69 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Transport Loops

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Movement from the Persian Gulf or Red Sea to the Atlantic Ocean means having to sail past Cape of Good Hope.

The Axis had no naval bases along the path to supply them with weapons or fuel. All they had was Italian Somaliland (e. g. Mogadishu) and British Somaliand (Berbera) which was invaded in 1940.

The Allies had e. g. the naval base in Zanzibar near Kenya and. They also had bases in South Africa at Durban and Simon's Town near Cape Town. Further west they had access to ports in e. g. Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Gold Coast, today's Ghana) and Banjul (Gambia)

For the path to the Persian Gulf they had access to the ports in Aden (Yemen) and Muscat and Oman (Salalah).

As you see the Allies had a contiguous path from the Mid Atlantic to both the Persian Gulf and Red Sea while the Axis didn't. All these regions are off-map and the Axis had no chance capturing any of them. So it's safe to say that only Allied naval ships had the chance to sail from the Atlantic to the Red Sea or Persian Gulf without a big risk of getting sunk. The Axis had already lost a battleship raider sailing to the South Atlantic when the Admiral Graf Spee was scuttled in Montevideo (Uruguay). So the Axis didn't want to waste any more naval ships on such adventures.

So in GS v4.0 the transport loops to / from the Atlantic are Allied controlled only. I don't see how it can be otherwise.
kiwi1982

Post by kiwi1982 »

Thanks for your replay, it does make harder when you take the Middle East lot of places to be invade from.

I do have the Middle East Bug when I take Iraq and Eypt any way I can fix it.

Bryan
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

You need to get the latest game files. I can send them to you if you provide your email to me.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”