Post by supermax » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:35 pm

This expansion is going to be awesome!

I cannot wait to try it! :)

Congrats to the development team

amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:43 am

ncali wrote:How do the later free generals (1941-1943) work? I am guessing they are only "free" if you start a later scenario and they do not appear as reinforements for the 1939 scenario. Am I right?
That is correct! You will see these "free" leaders in your new units queus at the start of the specific scenario. You may place them where you wish.

MrPlow
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by MrPlow » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:16 pm

I am eagerly awaiting the release of this game, looks amazing! Great work!

I was reading another thread and there was some discussion in it about hex view being to large with planes. This got me thinking, would it be possible to incorporate a "reconnaissance" mode for aircraft? It can only respond to an attack on itself, rather than attacking other units (like the rest mode you have already incorporated) and can be used for reconnaissance. Would it be possible to have it view maybe 2 out of every 5 hexes (or something similar) in random order to simulate the difficulty of accurate and precise reporting. Maybe there could be a new area of research that could improve this reconnaissance, to eventually 3 or 4 hexes out of 5, to simulate technological advancements throughout the war? As a result, the hex view of non reconnaissance aircraft could be limited. I really think this could allow FOW to be a lot more realistic. Even with the 20 day turns, a fighter/bomber unit (which represents a Group/Wing?) would still have a difficult time to recon large areas. Antiaircraft batteries, weather, mechanical issues, fatigue, and more all effect reconnaissance and are not really represented well in the original game. If anyone has other ideas or suggestions about this, feel free to add.

Its just a random crazy though I had and probably too challenging to implement. Sorry if I hijacked the thread!

Thanks again!
MrPlow

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by pk867 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi,

This sound interesting, but for the current release it will have to wait. We will put it on our list and as developers we discuss what are the priorities and what is reasonable for keeping the game fun and balanced.

pk867

LongTom
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by LongTom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:10 am

Not too important but the graphic on page 30 looks like a type XXI u-boat rather than a type VII-C as the caption states - the link to wikipedia goes to a type VII-C graphic...

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Manual updated to version 1.04

Post by pk867 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi,

The Manual has been updated to version 1.04 12/12/09
If you downloaded a work in progress you should update there has been changes.

Regards,

Dev Team

henri511
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by henri511 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:29 pm

I am a bit puzzled: the manual says that I should be able to station to armor units next to Warsaw on the first move, but none of the armor units could reach adjacent to Warsaw even if there were no enemy units.

However I still can take Warsaw in 2 moves, so it doesn't make much difference: the important thing is to be able to attack Warsaw with multiple units on move 2.

Henri

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 pm

henri wrote:I am a bit puzzled: the manual says that I should be able to station to armor units next to Warsaw on the first move, but none of the armor units could reach adjacent to Warsaw even if there were no enemy units.

However I still can take Warsaw in 2 moves, so it doesn't make much difference: the important thing is to be able to attack Warsaw with multiple units on move 2.

Henri
You need to remove some of the Polish infantry in the way first, using air + inf corps to attack them...once they are gone, the panzers can reach Warsaw.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Manual file error??

Post by Blathergut » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:15 pm

When I try to download latest version of the manual (Dec 20), I get a 'file damaged' error. Anyone else getting this?

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Manual file error??

Post by rkr1958 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:42 pm

Blathergut wrote:When I try to download latest version of the manual (Dec 20), I get a 'file damaged' error. Anyone else getting this?
Try Internet Explorer. I use Firefox and that's the same message I get. The only way I can download the manual is with IE. I knew I kept IE around for some reason.

amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Blathergut wrote:When I try to download latest version of the manual (Dec 20), I get a 'file damaged' error. Anyone else getting this?
were you able to later download the manual? I have posted an updated version...

amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:03 pm

rkr1958 wrote:
Try Internet Explorer. I use Firefox and that's the same message I get. The only way I can download the manual is with IE. I knew I kept IE around for some reason.
Team,

I posted the manual PDF to the website with iWeb - a Mac OS software and I use Safari & Chrome beta to down load it. If you are still having issues - email me an amcdonel@gmail.com

Apologies for the inconvenience!

amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:04 pm

LongTom wrote:Not too important but the graphic on page 30 looks like a type XXI u-boat rather than a type VII-C as the caption states - the link to wikipedia goes to a type VII-C graphic...
Fixed - a while ago but I forgot to post that fact here :-) My apologies. Please if anyone sees corrections - please let us know!!!

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:36 pm

amcdonel wrote:
were you able to later download the manual? I have posted an updated version...

yes...thanks!...seemed fine...not sure why i got the previous file error

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by pk867 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi,
This is too keep this on the first page so players can download the manual.
It does come with the expansion.

Regards,
Dev team.

PinkPanzer

Wow, that GS mod is awesome.

Post by PinkPanzer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

16.1. Changes from Standard CEAW
Subs no longer move along the map on the surface. Instead they dive,
appearing simply to teleport to their destination hex. This means that they can
no longer be stopped by enemy naval units unless that unit is in the destination
hex itself. It also means that a submarine can never be trapped in place by
enemy naval units; it will simply dive underneath them and escape.
Subs can only be attacked by a maximum 2 air/CV units per turn.
The Kreigsmarine loves the new sub rules. Ambush, Wambush. Colonel Johann Von Hackett's "HardCore" Wolfpack loves the new sub rules too.
Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

PinkPanzer

Post by PinkPanzer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 am

The manual List of Changes in GS doesn't mention the changes in the tech tree. Except for railroad capacity being increased by industry level. It also needs a section detailing those changes.
Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:36 am

PinkPanzer wrote:The manual List of Changes in GS doesn't mention the changes in the tech tree. Except for railroad capacity being increased by industry level. It also needs a section detailing those changes.
1. Start a game. 2. Hit the research icon. 3. Select an area. 4. Select a focus in that area. 5. You've got the tech tree.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”