1943 scenario questions

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

LOGAN5
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

1943 scenario questions

Post by LOGAN5 »

Italian navy might as well go on suicide missions because you will lose them within a few turns, any thoughts on this? or has anyone managed to hold Sicily? would it be a good idea to try and get that german tank out of there before it dies, or is there a good way to use it?
_Augustus_
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: 1943 scenario questions

Post by _Augustus_ »

Hi,
LOGAN5 wrote:Italian navy might as well go on suicide missions because you will lose them within a few turns
Nah. In my personal opinion the navy is worth more as a threat if it stays in port and intact than what it's worth if it does a single suicide mission. As a threat to transporters and lone ships cruising about on recon or whatever. Even if you don't decide to go heavy on navy labs. Losing the navy just enables the UK to cruise the Med as they will early on.

Pretty much true for all navies in my humble opinion,

_augustus_
schwerpunkt
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: 1943 scenario questions

Post by schwerpunkt »

_Augustus_ wrote:Hi,
LOGAN5 wrote:Italian navy might as well go on suicide missions because you will lose them within a few turns
Nah. In my personal opinion the navy is worth more as a threat if it stays in port and intact than what it's worth if it does a single suicide mission. As a threat to transporters and lone ships cruising about on recon or whatever. Even if you don't decide to go heavy on navy labs. Losing the navy just enables the UK to cruise the Med as they will early on.

Pretty much true for all navies in my humble opinion,

_augustus_
I agree. Combined with a bunch of Italian SUBs, the Italian surface fleet is a reasonable threat to allied operations until they get serious about reinforcing the Med. The other handy thing is the visibility/scouting that the surface ships provide which can allow you to safely deploy Italian mainland land units elsewhere - eg in Sicily, France.
Hence, I prefer to hang on to my Italian surface units, looking for an opportunity to use them, but, not desperate to do so....

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”