Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: GS 2.1?

Post by amcdonel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Final section on Manual Changes:

GS Manual Changes
◆ Incorporated all GS 2.1 changes
◆ Updated Game calendar
◆ Added a “Automatic DoW and Side Change” Summary
◆ Added iBook format for use on iPads (.epub)
◆ Added eBook/Kindle format (.mobi)
◆ Added detailed and linked Chapter Table of Contents for iBook & eBook
◆ Added new sections to Strategies
◆ Added General.txt reference section
◆ Incorporated original CEaW Manual - for easier reference

gsmart04
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by gsmart04 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Great to hear about the eBook and iBook formats and that you've included the original CEaW manual. Thanks!

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Slitherine will start making the installer soon after the Easter Holiday. Then we need to test that the installer works both for the PC and MAC and then we're ready to go.

The game code is frozen when it comes to changes so all we do is to maintain the files and fix typos here and there if discovered. We don't have any reported bugs remaining that we need to fix.

gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:Slitherine will start making the installer soon after the Easter Holiday. Then we need to test that the installer works both for the PC and MAC and then we're ready to go.

The game code is frozen when it comes to changes so all we do is to maintain the files and fix typos here and there if discovered. We don't have any reported bugs remaining that we need to fix.
Sounds like we might get this version before the end of April, I'm hoping. I've been putting off starting a whole new campaign game until 2.1 is released.

Please continue to keep us posted as to progress. It is much appreciated. :)

colberki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by colberki » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:11 am

Yes, shame it is not out yet! :D I would have locked myself in my room for 3 days over the Easter break to playtest!

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:38 am

This is out of our hand. We need Slitherine to find time to make the installer. I guess they are on a vacation too just like the rest of us are. :)

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Lots of nice changes it seems! Looking forward to getting it!

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have just dropped in to check the forum and see a few topics on GS 2.1, which indicate people are playing it, but this thread says it's not yet released. Perhaps the guys who are playing are beta testers not under an NDA.

Has GS 2.1 been released and if so where can I get it?

Cheers

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 pm

El_Condoro wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have just dropped in to check the forum and see a few topics on GS 2.1, which indicate people are playing it, but this thread says it's not yet released. Perhaps the guys who are playing are beta testers not under an NDA.

Has GS 2.1 been released and if so where can I get it?

Cheers
PM sent. :D

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Hey I want in on this too!!!

Lannes

Post by Lannes » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:41 pm

What I don't understand ?????
Christophe

Bolt Action forum : http://bolt-actionww2rules.fr-bb.com/
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Version 2.1 is in beta but not under a non disclosure agreement.
So he asked where to get it.
And I asked the same question!!

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Blitz1945 wrote:Hey I want in on this too!!!
Send me a PM with your email and whether or not you're on a PC or MAC. The caveats are: (1) beta testing for GSv2.10 is over, (2) you'll be given access to the file set that will be used to build the installer (which could change slightly between now and when the official installer is released) and (3) you'll be required to manually install the file set (so if you're uncomfortable with that you may wish to wait until the official installer is released).

Also, I know I'm opening myself up to a lot of PM's (requests) of this nature, which is fine. I will do my best to honor all, which includes a set of instructions on how to manually install and configure the pre-installer file set. However; I request that you be fairly computer literate and confident that you can work through the manual installation instructions yourself. If not; then as I stated above would be best for you to wait for the official release of the GSv2.10 installer.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Slitherine will make the installer and once we've tested that it's working then GS v2.1 will be released. Our work with GS v2.1 is done.

We don't need a PDA for GS v2.1 since it's not a commercial product. It's a free add-on to MH CeaW.

Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos » Wed May 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Any update on when the Slitherine installer will be ready?
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 am

Unfortunately no. All we know is that Slitherine is working on other projects so we have to wait until they have people available to make the installer for the PC and MAC.

At least our code is frozen and delivered to Slitherine so we have done what we can do. We prefer to wait so Slitherine can make an installer. It will be easier for all of you to get GS v2.1 up and running via an installer instead of having to deal with a ZIP file with some manual work to place the files in correct folders like the beta testers have done during the beta phase.

gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:56 am

Stauffenberg wrote:Unfortunately no. All we know is that Slitherine is working on other projects so we have to wait until they have people available to make the installer for the PC and MAC.

At least our code is frozen and delivered to Slitherine so we have done what we can do. We prefer to wait so Slitherine can make an installer. It will be easier for all of you to get GS v2.1 up and running via an installer instead of having to deal with a ZIP file with some manual work to place the files in correct folders like the beta testers have done during the beta phase.
It is a bit of a headache to do it manually but, in my opinion, it was definitely worth it. :D

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 am

We just got info that Slitherine will start making the installer now. So I hope we can test it soon and then GS 2.1 can be released :)

gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:We just got info that Slitherine will start making the installer now. So I hope we can test it soon and then GS 2.1 can be released :)
I know I'm thinking ahead but wanted to ask: should we use the installer with our 2.1 betas on the computer or uninstall the beta first?

Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos » Mon May 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:We just got info that Slitherine will start making the installer now. So I hope we can test it soon and then GS 2.1 can be released :)
Great news :D
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”