Multiplayer (Hseat, PBEM, TcpIP) opponent seeking plus guide

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: MAC CEaW PBEM

Post by borsook79 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Blackvsred wrote: I don't know if the Mac version is compatible with the current PC version or not, does anyone know?
I've tried to PBEM with a Mac owner and it did not work (he could not load my save, got a message that it was done with an older version of the game).

Blackvsred
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Blackvsred » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm

OK thanks for the heads-up.

m

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13545
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:07 am

Sorry no, MAC and PC are not compatible.

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Post by borsook79 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 am

iainmcneil wrote:Sorry no, MAC and PC are not compatible.
any chance this will be resolved in the future?

Evans
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Evans » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Looking to play PBEM games (1.04) as either Axis or Allies, and am negotiable on house rules governing say, the use of the units of Axis minors, whether you're allowed to rebase air units across the sea without putting them in transports - stuff like that. Only one I'd really suggest is restricting Finnish units movement to their border zones - historically they refused to advance any further. Can be ladder if you like, but I am only a newcomer! Email me if interested; rafa_calavera@hotmail.com.

BF_Napoleon
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by BF_Napoleon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:41 pm

A good tool to find opponents can be found here:

http://www.the-battlefield.com/index.ph ... &game=ceaw

You need to register a free account at http://www.the-battlefield.com to use the feature.

SeaWolves
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by SeaWolves » Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 am

Looking for additional PBEM opponents...I have the latest version (v1.06) ...like to play all options on...mirrored games
email me if interested..I can usually reply with 1 - 2 turns a day

gdegrote@aol.com

JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 am

Mac PBEM wanted

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:44 am

Does anyone out there want to do a Mac PBEM? All options on, either side. Usually 2-3 turns a day.
j-reilly@rogers.com

vveedd
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:54 am

Post by vveedd » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 am

vypuero wrote:Axis I added you to my MSN but I never see you online. If you are around I am looking for another TCP/IP opponent. I find the PBEM too slow.
Exactly what I have said to guys when game was in early beta testing stage but they haven't listened. PBEM is too slow and TCP/IP is consuming too much time for me (working people). So what is solution if I want to play? Friendly advice for Commander 2 – less turns, more actions in one turn (move, counter move, intercept, counter intercept, breakthrough moves, extra moves, sub turns or what ever you want to call it.)

firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 7:58 pm
Contact:

Post by firepowerjohan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:14 am

vveedd wrote:
vypuero wrote:Axis I added you to my MSN but I never see you online. If you are around I am looking for another TCP/IP opponent. I find the PBEM too slow.
Exactly what I have said to guys when game was in early beta testing stage but they haven't listened. PBEM is too slow and TCP/IP is consuming too much time for me (working people). So what is solution if I want to play? Friendly advice for Commander 2 – less turns, more actions in one turn (move, counter move, intercept, counter intercept, breakthrough moves, extra moves, sub turns or what ever you want to call it.)
I have great news for you then. For Commander Napoleon at War most scenarios will be mini allowing you to play 1-2 years with certain victory locations and can be completed in much less time. Furthermore, unit density is lower in CNAW meaning turns take less time 8)
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)

vveedd
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:54 am

Post by vveedd » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm

firepowerjohan wrote:
vveedd wrote:
vypuero wrote:Axis I added you to my MSN but I never see you online. If you are around I am looking for another TCP/IP opponent. I find the PBEM too slow.
Exactly what I have said to guys when game was in early beta testing stage but they haven't listened. PBEM is too slow and TCP/IP is consuming too much time for me (working people). So what is solution if I want to play? Friendly advice for Commander 2 – less turns, more actions in one turn (move, counter move, intercept, counter intercept, breakthrough moves, extra moves, sub turns or what ever you want to call it.)
I have great news for you then. For Commander Napoleon at War most scenarios will be mini allowing you to play 1-2 years with certain victory locations and can be completed in much less time. Furthermore, unit density is lower in CNAW meaning turns take less time 8)
Great news, indeed! It means that you realized and recognized the mentioned problem. Unfortunately Napoleon era is not my favorite era so I will wait Commander 2. During waiting period I will try to play (and finish) Commander 1 PBEM games. :D

ICED
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm

online game

Post by ICED » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm

i would like to try a online game with some one -- i live in the eastern time zone --(usa) -- you would have to host - i have problems with wireless router hosting -- let me know

ICED
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm

online or pbem game

Post by ICED » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 pm

have only been able to find 1 online gamer - ( vypuero )- was part of the bata team he said -- very good but just a little too lucky for me --- so i guess am looking for new players -- pbem is ok too thz -- let me know

Davedj
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:06 pm

How to attach file inPBEM

Post by Davedj » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:33 am

Once I have completed my turn and hit next turn how do I send that file to my opponent? Thanks

firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 7:58 pm
Contact:

Re: How to attach file inPBEM

Post by firepowerjohan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:59 am

Davedj wrote:Once I have completed my turn and hit next turn how do I send that file to my opponent? Thanks
The saved game is in the data/pbem folder
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)

Redpossum
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Yeah, OK

Post by Redpossum » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:53 pm

I'd be up for a game, TCP/IP or PBEM

vypuero
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - USA

Post by vypuero » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Possum - look me up on windows live messenger - add me vypuero@netscape.net - I am online most of times when at home - we can try a game

Redpossum
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Post by Redpossum » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:36 pm

vypuero wrote:Possum - look me up on windows live messenger - add me vypuero@netscape.net - I am online most of times when at home - we can try a game
Love to play you, bro. But I don't do those instant messenger things anymore. I used ICQ til I was sick of the "uh oh!", and then swore off such things forever :)

I haven't even used Xfire in a year or more :)

ICED
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm

possum

Post by ICED » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:29 pm

sent you a pm

Redpossum
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Post by Redpossum » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:32 pm

replied

Somebody needs to make an inter-IM clearinghouse utility, so messages from ICQ or Xfire, for example, can reach somebody on that microscum thing, whatever it is, MSN or whatnot?

Post Reply

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”