Murmansk convoys

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Murmansk convoys

Post by GogTheMild » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I have only recently come across this fine game.

In a spirit of adventure I DoWed Russia in November 1939. In spite of loitering with 2 subs and a TAC I saw no sign of northern convoys to Russia. Am I correct in assuming that northern convoys don't start until June 1941 regardless of DoWs, or am I missing something?
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Murmansk convoys

Post by rkr1958 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm

GogTheMild wrote:Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I have only recently come across this fine game.

In a spirit of adventure I DoWed Russia in November 1939. In spite of loitering with 2 subs and a TAC I saw no sign of northern convoys to Russia. Am I correct in assuming that northern convoys don't start until June 1941 regardless of DoWs, or am I missing something?
I honestly don't know. Keep us informed on when you see the first convoy.

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Murmansk convoys

Post by Diplomaticus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

You have to remember that, especially in the early days, there is sometime no northern (or southern, or middle) convoy at all. The game randomly generates convoy sizes, and there is a minimum size (12?)--anything below that is no convoy at all.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”