GS v3.00 news

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4693
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

GS v3.00 news

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:58 am

Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

So if you have any plans starting new games you might consider holding and wait for GS v3.00. :)

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:30 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by richardsd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:04 am

Stauffenberg wrote:Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

So if you have any plans starting new games you might consider holding and wait for GS v3.00. :)
waiting waitng waiting :D

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:07 am

richardsd wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

So if you have any plans starting new games you might consider holding and wait for GS v3.00. :)
waiting waitng waiting :D

long waitings !!! :)

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:10 am

Stauffenberg wrote:Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

So if you have any plans starting new games you might consider holding and wait for GS v3.00. :)
Excuse me sir ! shall we have any rough or conservative prediction of the release time ? one week ? one month ? one season ? before 2014 ? :)

DukeOfLight
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by DukeOfLight » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Could you please send me also the installer to check it.
I promise that i will never play the game...just i will check the installer...cross my heart
:)

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4693
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:46 pm

I can't give an accurate date because Slitherine are the ones setting it. I found a few minor issues in the installer so Slitherine got replacement files to add to their installer. The main issue was that txt files became unformatted because they had been received by a MAC when sent from me. So in the next try we will ensure the files go directly from PC to PC when building the installer. The files worked, but it would be nice to see the line feeds adde to the files instead of a super long string of continuous text.

The good news is that the installer worked very well without any game play issues so the testers were able to start playing immediately. That is different from when we worked with the GS v2.1 installer when we had compatibility issues etc.

I expect to have a new installer on Monday or Tuesday. Then we test that. If we give the go-ahead for release soon after that then Slitherine will make preparations for adding the installer to their WEB site together with some promo material.

From prior experience it should take 1-2 weeks, depending on how much other work they have. So with luck we can have GS v3.00 released 1-2 weeks from now, but don't arrest me if it takes longer. :P

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:53 am

Stauffenberg wrote:I can't give an accurate date because Slitherine are the ones setting it. I found a few minor issues in the installer so Slitherine got replacement files to add to their installer. The main issue was that txt files became unformatted because they had been received by a MAC when sent from me. So in the next try we will ensure the files go directly from PC to PC when building the installer. The files worked, but it would be nice to see the line feeds adde to the files instead of a super long string of continuous text.

The good news is that the installer worked very well without any game play issues so the testers were able to start playing immediately. That is different from when we worked with the GS v2.1 installer when we had compatibility issues etc.

I expect to have a new installer on Monday or Tuesday. Then we test that. If we give the go-ahead for release soon after that then Slitherine will make preparations for adding the installer to their WEB site together with some promo material.

From prior experience it should take 1-2 weeks, depending on how much other work they have. So with luck we can have GS v3.00 released 1-2 weeks from now, but don't arrest me if it takes longer. :P

Great news !!!!

OK . we just consider it as one or two months ! It means we may get it before Oct ! Thanks for your great effort ! We will always be right here waiting for 3.0 !

JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by JimR » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:08 pm

If we have wargaming friends who haven't bought CEAW before, we should urge them to get it after 3.0 comes out. It would be a way to thank Slitherine for continuing to support the work of (volunteer) mod developers, and to expand the pool of CEAW pbem players.

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:30 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by richardsd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:49 pm

JimR wrote:If we have wargaming friends who haven't bought CEAW before, we should urge them to get it after 3.0 comes out. It would be a way to thank Slitherine for continuing to support the work of (volunteer) mod developers, and to expand the pool of CEAW pbem players.
well I have already bought at least three copies so I think they have my thanks! :D and a fourth is looking likely for another machine (sometimes its just easier when you don't have a drive on a machine)

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 am

We will buy many to thanks them ! :D

wargamer4321
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by wargamer4321 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:18 pm

I've been waiting and waiting. Let's go I'm ready. :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :lol: :oops:

Hott
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: Tver, Russia

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Hott » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Any news about 3.0?

Agent_Smith
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:53 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Agent_Smith » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:28 pm

+1

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4693
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 pm

We just got the updated release version from Matrixgames / Slitherine. I will test it tomorrow and if I don't find a problem we will release it to the testers. So let's keep the fingers crossed that the issues we reported are fixed now. :)

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 am

Stauffenberg wrote:We just got the updated release version from Matrixgames / Slitherine. I will test it tomorrow and if I don't find a problem we will release it to the testers. So let's keep the fingers crossed that the issues we reported are fixed now. :)
We will pray for you for find no problem tomorrow :D

10 , 9, 8,7,6,..........

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Morris wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:We just got the updated release version from Matrixgames / Slitherine. I will test it tomorrow and if I don't find a problem we will release it to the testers. So let's keep the fingers crossed that the issues we reported are fixed now. :)
We will pray for you for find no problem tomorrow :D

10 , 9, 8,7,6,..........
any problem found ? we do hope not !

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4693
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:20 am

We found a few issues that needed update to 3 class files. Slitherine will make the new installer today with these files.

So far we have an update version and a full version both requiring a serial number. These installers seem to work well.

The main problem are those who are using the old Slitherine version without a serial number. One reason is that the file structure is slightly different so the game might not load if one uses the upgrade installer. The installer is looking for a serial number that doesn't exist. For these users we might have to have a manual install. I'm not sure.

Are there any experienced users out there who are still using the old Slitherine version. We might need some "guinea pigs" to help testing with such versions since most of us have an installer with a serial number.

guronsan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by guronsan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 am

Hello,
I have an old Slitherine version of CEAW without serial number. If you need someone for testing, i'm ok.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by Morris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 am

Stauffenberg wrote:We found a few issues that needed update to 3 class files. Slitherine will make the new installer today with these files.

So far we have an update version and a full version both requiring a serial number. These installers seem to work well.

The main problem are those who are using the old Slitherine version without a serial number. One reason is that the file structure is slightly different so the game might not load if one uses the upgrade installer. The installer is looking for a serial number that doesn't exist. For these users we might have to have a manual install. I'm not sure.

Are there any experienced users out there who are still using the old Slitherine version. We might need some "guinea pigs" to help testing with such versions since most of us have an installer with a serial number.
which edition is the old Slitherine version you mentioned ? 1.06 , 1.07 , 1.12 or some edition else ? Please advise ! we will provide everything we have to help the 3.0 coming out !

guronsan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by guronsan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 am

I have 1.04 version upgraded with 1.06 and 1.12 and GS 2.0.

Post Reply

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”