Status of GS v3.10

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

chillstream
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Status of GS v3.10

Post by chillstream » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:44 am

This is great news. Humongous thanks to all community members involved in keeping this project going. Your work is appreciated.

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:59 pm

This seems to have just been released over on the Matrix site :!:
Richard

chillstream

Post by chillstream » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Something got messed up during the installation, so I decided to wipe everything and reinstall from scratch. So, is 3.10 a comprehensive update that can be installed over clean CEAW Gold 1.12 or do I need to first install GS 2.10?

BPINisBACK
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by BPINisBACK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:31 am

is there a list of changes anywhere?
is compatible with current 3.0 games?
Greetings!

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:55 pm

GS v3.1 is compatible with GS v3.0 so you can continue your current games.

This is the change list between GS v3.0 and GS v3.1

* Bug fix for the game hanging during convoy movement phase for allied player against an AI.

* Game tweak where units won’t lose experience for repairs at 7-steps or higher. Units repaired below 7- steps will lose experience for those steps that bring it up to 7; but not for any after that. The intent of this change is to make the more experience units “battle hardened” and more effective, especially later in the game.

* Bug fix for the game hanging in the unlikely event that Finland is conquered on the same turn that the last major axis power (i.e., either Germany or Italy) is conquered.

* Bug fix to Norway and Denmark not getting surprised if Sweden was attacked first on that turn. The fix also included morale loss of 5 applied to Swedish units.

* Bug fix for Swedish production not increasing as it should if the allies successful interdicted the iron ore being sent to Germany on or just after Swedish activation.

* Game tweak for mobilizing “neutral” countries (e.g., USSR in 1941 with no Barbarossa) that allow them to produce oil during mobilization while neutral. This means that if the axis player is following a fortress Europe strategy, the USSR will get 50 oil per turn starting in November 1941, when they mobilized.

* Game tweak to the USSR rail capacity, which is reduced by 8 during the initial turns of Barbarossa. For a 1941 Barbarossa this reduction last for 8 turns and for a 1942 invasion it last for 4. This reduction represents the relocation of Soviet factories to Siberia.

* Game change to the Russian Convoy where it is sent to the UK instead of Russia if rail supply is cut to Murmansk. To simulate this a new rail depot, Belomorsk on the White Sea was added. If the axis capture Belomorsk, they cut rail supply to Murmansk which means in severe winter that the Russian convoy will not spawn. In its place a UK convoy will spawn.

* Game tweak to the strategic attack icon that changed it from white to red.

* Game tweak that allows strategic bombers to switch between strategic and tactical targets. Now, they can choose to attack targets in resource hexes if those targets are spotted. A new keyboard command “x” (without the quotes) has been added to toggle strategic bombers between strategic (i.e., red icon) and tactical attack (i.e., white) mode.

* Game tweak that increases the shock attack from strategic bombers at the higher strategic bomber tech levels. Increase in shock attack of 3, 1 and 2 are added at strategic operations tech levels 2, 4 and 6 (respectively).

* Bug fix concerning a deployment bug that was in the initial (i.e., vanilla) version of the game. Normally, you can deploy only one unit adjacent to a city per turn except if that city is a capital, which allows for deployment of as many units as there are empty adjacent hexes. The bug was that when a leader was deployed to an adjacent unit then no other new units could be deployed adjacent to the capital even if there were empty hexes. This is now fixed.

* Bug fix in that France may deploy Naval reinforcements at Marseilles and Nice ports. Made a change concerning Italy in so much that Naval reinforcements may not be placed at Palermo and Messina (Sicily) and at the port of Tirana (Albania).

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

This is the list of how unit XP will affect unit stats:

BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Great, thank you very much!!!

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:GS v3.1 is compatible with GS v3.0 so you can continue your current games.

This is the change list between GS v3.0 and GS v3.1

* Bug fix for the game hanging during convoy movement phase for allied player against an AI.

* Game tweak where units won’t lose experience for repairs at 7-steps or higher. Units repaired below 7- steps will lose experience for those steps that bring it up to 7; but not for any after that. The intent of this change is to make the more experience units “battle hardened” and more effective, especially later in the game.

* Bug fix for the game hanging in the unlikely event that Finland is conquered on the same turn that the last major axis power (i.e., either Germany or Italy) is conquered.

* Bug fix to Norway and Denmark not getting surprised if Sweden was attacked first on that turn. The fix also included morale loss of 5 applied to Swedish units.

* Bug fix for Swedish production not increasing as it should if the allies successful interdicted the iron ore being sent to Germany on or just after Swedish activation.

* Game tweak for mobilizing “neutral” countries (e.g., USSR in 1941 with no Barbarossa) that allow them to produce oil during mobilization while neutral. This means that if the axis player is following a fortress Europe strategy, the USSR will get 50 oil per turn starting in November 1941, when they mobilized.

* Game tweak to the USSR rail capacity, which is reduced by 8 during the initial turns of Barbarossa. For a 1941 Barbarossa this reduction last for 8 turns and for a 1942 invasion it last for 4. This reduction represents the relocation of Soviet factories to Siberia.

* Game change to the Russian Convoy where it is sent to the UK instead of Russia if rail supply is cut to Murmansk. To simulate this a new rail depot, Belomorsk on the White Sea was added. If the axis capture Belomorsk, they cut rail supply to Murmansk which means in severe winter that the Russian convoy will not spawn. In its place a UK convoy will spawn.

* Game tweak to the strategic attack icon that changed it from white to red.

* Game tweak that allows strategic bombers to switch between strategic and tactical targets. Now, they can choose to attack targets in resource hexes if those targets are spotted. A new keyboard command “x” (without the quotes) has been added to toggle strategic bombers between strategic (i.e., red icon) and tactical attack (i.e., white) mode.

* Game tweak that increases the shock attack from strategic bombers at the higher strategic bomber tech levels. Increase in shock attack of 3, 1 and 2 are added at strategic operations tech levels 2, 4 and 6 (respectively).

* Bug fix concerning a deployment bug that was in the initial (i.e., vanilla) version of the game. Normally, you can deploy only one unit adjacent to a city per turn except if that city is a capital, which allows for deployment of as many units as there are empty adjacent hexes. The bug was that when a leader was deployed to an adjacent unit then no other new units could be deployed adjacent to the capital even if there were empty hexes. This is now fixed.

* Bug fix in that France may deploy Naval reinforcements at Marseilles and Nice ports. Made a change concerning Italy in so much that Naval reinforcements may not be placed at Palermo and Messina (Sicily) and at the port of Tirana (Albania).

Great news ! Would you please provide a link address ?

mamahuhu
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mamahuhu » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Good job! Thank!

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Does anybody know:

Is this version compatible with the Slitherine version, or just the Matrix version of the game :?:
Richard

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Both versions should work if you have the Military History - Commander Europe At War. You need a serial number to make it work.

Rasputitsa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Rasputitsa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Downloaded from Matrix, installed over v3.0, running in Windows 8.1, all OK, just had to direct the installer to the correct game folder. Thanks to all.

OxfordGuy3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by OxfordGuy3 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:14 am

Will you still only not lose XP at 7 steps or higher if reinforcing in your home country?i

BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am

Hi,
It seems that mac link to the 3.1 upgrade doesn't work.
Can you fix it, please?
Thanks,

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 am

Is this actually available (PC) now?

dagtwo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by dagtwo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:48 pm

BPINisBACK wrote:Hi,
Can you fix it, please?
Thanks,
For Mac I believe you need a file transfer client. I use Fetch and got 3.1 up and running with no problems.
Hex grids Rule!

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:16 pm

oxford_guy wrote:Will you still only not lose XP at 7 steps or higher if reinforcing in your home country?i
No, this applies to all units regardless of where they are on the map.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Blathergut wrote:Is this actually available (PC) now?
Yes. It's released on the Matrixgames site:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/344/downloads/

BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:21 pm

dagtwo wrote:
BPINisBACK wrote:Hi,
Can you fix it, please?
Thanks,
For Mac I believe you need a file transfer client. I use Fetch and got 3.1 up and running with no problems.
Oh! It's for a friend, i don't know anything about mac.

I will send him your answer.

Thanks for replying!

OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:00 am

Stauffenberg wrote:
oxford_guy wrote:Will you still only not lose XP at 7 steps or higher if reinforcing in your home country?i
No, this applies to all units regardless of where they are on the map.
Okay, great. BTW does this also apply to naval units or do they still always lose experience when reinforcing?

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”