PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

faultier2
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Italian and Finnish surrender

Post by faultier2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi everyone
I am unsure about the city that are required to make Itay surrender in 3.1: Which one in Africa? Tunisi (if Allied controlled) Tripoli and Bengasi?? and the rail depot still count as half city right?

And what about Finnland? If no Axis unit only two city/rail depot? the mine count? and what if there are Axis unit??

amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Italian and Finnish surrender

Post by amcdonel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:59 am

faultier2 wrote:Hi everyone
I am unsure about the city that are required to make Itay surrender in 3.1: Which one in Africa? Tunisi (if Allied controlled) Tripoli and Bengasi?? and the rail depot still count as half city right?

And what about Finnland? If no Axis unit only two city/rail depot? the mine count? and what if there are Axis unit??
Check out the GS manual - both of these answers are detailed in it :-)

alec

mupawa
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mupawa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:47 am

The 600 page manual is not very well organized (or Im thick) so its difficult to find answers. They should have used Advanced Squad Leader rules as a model. Superb.

faultier2

Post by faultier2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:37 pm

amcdonel wrote:
faultier2 wrote:Hi everyone

Check out the GS manual - both of these answers are detailed in it :-)

alec
Thanks for the answer.

The problem is that the manual is not really accurated for this; for example in a pbem that I'm playing, I conquered 4 city/railhub in Finland, 6 Axis unit still in Finland, but still they don't surrender. Probably I don't get something, but for what I have untersteand in the manual, with 3 city they have to surrender. I cannot understand what I'm doing wrong.

GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:26 pm

The Manual wrote:Finland will sign an armistice with Russia if 3+ cities in Finland / Estonia and less than 6 Axis units are
present in Finland.
So, according to the manual, it doesn't matter how many cities/rail heads you capture (unless one of them is Helsinki) Finland will not surrender so long as there are 6 or more Axis units in Finland.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.

faultier2

Post by faultier2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 pm

ok, thanks!!:)

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”